Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Del Mar or Saratoga? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139616)

cj 07-16-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2195967)
Del Mar has been an extermination camp since they took out the Polytrack. Hopefully they bring it back at some point.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

burnsy 07-16-2017 06:10 PM

Been gambling here around for 10 solid years........times 4. There was a time that this was a serious question. Saratoga has been watered down a bit by meet extension but only the best run here......the best owners, the best horses, the best trainers, the best jocks. Del Mar is a skeleton of its past glory. Anyone that's anybody (horses included) wants to compete and win in Toga. Its almost as bad as an "A" and "B" league now barring the biggest days at Del Mar, even then some of their best stock winds up here. American Pharoah, Arrogate, and apparently now Songbird is racing here. Arguably, the best horses of this generation.........the quality of the product is not even close. The competition on the grass courses , Jeez, look who shows up at Saratoga and Arlington, Del Mar is fading more almost every season. That anyone even refers to Saratoga as a dump, is just internet ignorance.......its the freaking "Mecca" of American Horse Racing right now. Or what's left of the "glory years". Between the spring ,summer and fall (with a few exceptions)....NY racing is practically keeping this game on the map or alive at all. Its an embarrassment that the game doesn't hold any Breeders Cups at Belmont....but I guess they have to throw California a bone every year.......they won't admit it but they know that entire program is almost on life support. :popcorn:

This isn't just bias, its the reality of the game right now. Anyone that can't see it is either delusional, in denial or blind. I'll be sure I hammer that 3 horse feature on their 7 race card..........if the day isn't canceled all together.......:lol:

dilanesp 07-16-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2195985)
I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Short term, sure. Long term, technology marches on and synthetic surfaces will get better and better.

Andy Asaro 07-16-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2195993)
Short term, sure. Long term, technology marches on and synthetic surfaces will get better and better.

Cost too much to put in and replace every 7 years. Bases wear out as well. Cost of maintenance 3 times as much as maintaining a dirt surface.

aaron 07-16-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2195901)
I don't know about the insider part, but today's claiming races barely resemble those of 30 years ago. There are too many conditions, there is no longer "jail" time, and the purses far outweigh the claiming tags. Noe of these things are bettor friendly at all.

If you look back at the cards of 15-20 years ago, you would not believe it is Saratoga today. The cards at Saratoga are more a continuation of Belmont with some Stake races thrown in. Saratoga used to have great racing almost every day, but due to the changes in racing over the years,I don't think that is possible.

Robert Fischer 07-16-2017 08:48 PM

Love them both.

I'm a New York circuit fan, and a west coast spot player, so Saratoga is my favorite.

Redboard 07-16-2017 09:10 PM

I voted Saratoga, but it was close. The racing used to be way better but super trainers and statebreds have made it closer.

GMB@BP 07-16-2017 10:38 PM

Saratoga, New York people are just better than Californians.

olddaddy 07-16-2017 11:16 PM

Dont like Ny bred races but do like the jump races. Im hoping some euros come in early to Del mar for the breeders cup. Its close but I voted Del Mar.

ReplayRandall 07-16-2017 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2196090)

Just not better looking though...:cool:

cj 07-16-2017 11:29 PM

The card Thursday at Del Mar may be the worse I've ever seen. If this were boxing this thread might be stopped in the first round.

CLM
CLM
MSW Cal Bred
MCL
CLM
MSW Cal Bred
ALW (5f on turf)
MCL

jocko699 07-16-2017 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2196104)
The card Thursday at Del Mar may be the worse I've ever seen. If this were boxing this thread might be stopped in the first round.

CLM
CLM
MSW Cal Bred
MCL
CLM
MSW Cal Bred
ALW (5f on turf)
MCL

Completely agree! I am very high on Arms Runner and want to see him go 2 turns but the rest of the card:puke::puke::puke:

cj 07-16-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko699 (Post 2196105)
Completely agree! I am very high on Arms Runner and want to see him go 2 turns but the rest of the card:puke::puke::puke:

Arms Runner is Wednesday I believe.

Lemon Drop Husker 07-17-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2196090)

Thankfully, Climate Change will sink both of those states and "people". :p:rip:

thespaah 07-17-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Asaro (Post 2195750)
Del Mar is up against it here so I gotta put up this opening day pic for Del Mar.

https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/st...13414891065345

This is almost as cool.

https://twitter.com/CarrowColasurdo/...92852222414848

End of story. Saratoga is the preeminent thoroughbred meeting in North America.
Done and Done.