Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Race 5 Gulfstream today stewards epic failure (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149251)

ZippyChippy423 12-12-2018 02:59 PM

Race 5 Gulfstream today stewards epic failure

Ortiz on the 7 horse veers into the 2 horses path and causes a domino effect collision. DQ on the 2. Epic failure. Wrong call.

v j stauffer 12-12-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZippyChippy423 (Post 2405993)
Ortiz on the 7 horse veers into the 2 horses path and causes a domino effect collision. DQ on the 2. Epic failure. Wrong call.

If "ANYBODY" else on this forum had made this initial post I would ask for the head on & pan views of the stretch run.

I'm going with this response.

Huh

iamt 12-12-2018 05:51 PM

Some of us actually went to the effort of looking at the replay.

Huh is still very much an appropriate response.

ZippyChippy423 12-12-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2406042)
If "ANYBODY" else on this forum had made this initial post I would ask for the head on & pan views of the stretch run.

Huh

I’m sure hundreds of posters on here saw the race in question. I don’t know exactly where to find the video disqualification. The stewards missed one here but i understand why/how.

iamt 12-12-2018 06:23 PM

And of those hundreds none came on to vent about the "epic failure".

It can be a pretty low threshold to get people talking about a DQ and this one didn't even meet that.

ZippyChippy423 12-12-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamt (Post 2406064)
And of those hundreds none came on to vent about the "epic failure".

It can be a pretty low threshold to get people talking about a DQ and this one didn't even meet that.

I get that but it wasn’t a big stakes race or one that closed a major pick six
ticket.

iamt 12-12-2018 06:51 PM

Nor was it an epic failure.

Or any Failure...

JustRalph 12-12-2018 06:52 PM

Vic, I think it's a bot...........

Robert Fischer 12-12-2018 08:21 PM

that was a rough race

I'll review the :2:'s trip for betting purposes later (he was taking money today).

All I caught live was the :2: taking a hard demonstrative left hand whip, and then reacting by lugging out to strike another horse.

:7: won and started a 3 or 4 race string of chasing/hedging daily doubles for me.

Ortiz did a great job of keeping the 7 going when he or she looked empty late. A lot of riders would have given up.

Also great job on Salsa or Zalsa or whatever in the last race... He was patient and coaxed the horse early in what turned out to be a dream trip. Needed every bit to get the distance late.

Nice job by the Ortiz bros in general, especially 5 through 10 or whatever

cj 12-12-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2406042)

Huh

Why always ask for them? Surely you know where to find them by now, no?

ZippyChippy423 12-12-2018 10:03 PM

It was a rough race but the stewards disqualifying the 2 horse was a mistake. If anything make no change. The 7 horse clearly caused why the 2 horse was taken down. Watch the stretch and see how many paths Ortiz impedes as his horse veers out.

v j stauffer 12-12-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2406171)
Why always ask for them? Surely you know where to find them by now, no?

I don't specifically know. I suppose I could figure it out.

And please don't call me Surely!!

iamt 12-12-2018 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZippyChippy423 (Post 2406182)
It was a rough race but the stewards disqualifying the 2 horse was a mistake. If anything make no change. The 7 horse clearly caused why the 2 horse was taken down. Watch the stretch and see how many paths Ortiz impedes as his horse veers out.

How about you track the replay down, and then break it down for us.

You're not close to right on what you're recalling at the moment.

cj 12-12-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2406187)
I don't specifically know. I suppose I could figure it out.

And please don't call me Surely!!

Go to the track web site. If it isn't a Churchill track, they will be there. You can get any track via all the ADWs as far as I know. Many tracks post some or all races on Youtube also.

dartman51 12-12-2018 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZippyChippy423 (Post 2406182)

When the 7 came out, the 2 was a good 3 lengths back. The 7 had nothing to do with the 2. When the 2 came under a strong left handed whip, he veered out into the 8, and drove the 8 into the 9, almost knocking the jockey off his mount. The 2 had to come down. I'm sorry you lost your SUPER, but "that's horse racing." :(