Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Micheal...anybody in the Florida Panhandle (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147926)

sammy the sage 10-08-2018 07:51 AM

Micheal...anybody in the Florida Panhandle

Be safe...don't take ANY chances...as some of the fools in N.Car. did with Florence...

sammy the sage 10-09-2018 10:06 PM

Going to ramp up to Cat.4...135 + before landfall...just the opposite of Florence that went weaker...

barahona44 10-10-2018 01:02 AM

Supposed to make landfall on the Florida Panhandle late Wednesday afternoon.Intense rainfall should bring significant flooding.

Since we moved to Florida(exactly 1 year ago today),my main worry has been hurricane season- it's the price you pay for 74 degree weather in January.I check the National Hurricane Center's website a couple of times a week.There's some good information there and it's updated several times a day during a storm event.Stay safe ,all of our PA colleauges in any affected areas.

PaceAdvantage 10-10-2018 08:44 AM

Hoping everyone acted smart and got outta dodge for this one...this one is quick but it looks like it's packing quite a wallop when it first hits land.

sammy the sage 10-10-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2382076)
Hoping everyone acted smart and got outta dodge for this one...this one is quick but it looks like it's packing quite a wallop when it first hits land.

Nope...their are still some...shall we say...not too bright ones left...watching a bit the news crews there on site...lot's of very VERY expensive boats still in the water at the marinas....and cars just hundreds of yards from the ocean front.

That 9-14 ft storm surge is going to do historic damage there...If I was the insurance companies....would really be ticked off....people had 3 days notice...no excuse for some of the damage about to occur...

Most of the housing there is also pre-Andrew...that damage will be unavoidable...but those staying in those houses...eeerrrr...foolish.

Tom 10-10-2018 10:02 AM

Thought to all our posters in the path and their families.
Hope you keep safe and watch from afar.

turfnsport 10-10-2018 10:33 AM

I'm in Pensacola.We live on a bayou and less than 10 minutes to the beach so we have been pretty nervous about the path changing..I have zero trust in the weather forecast in general but they have been right on the money so far. We have dodged a real bullet so far. Several bars east of here on the coast my girlfriend plays at are going to get flattened. Hoping everyone around Panama City left, but some did not. This is going to be bad.

woodtoo 10-10-2018 12:47 PM

I can't imagine riding out a storm like this. Stay safe.

barahona44 10-10-2018 02:51 PM

Made landfall at Mexico Beach FL near Panama City about 2 pm.155 Mph winds, a Category 4 but close to a 5.Category 5 is 158 mph minimum.

turfnsport 10-10-2018 03:01 PM

About 90 miles from me...yikes

woodtoo 10-10-2018 03:29 PM

Holy crap!! Who took that?

sammy the sage 10-10-2018 03:59 PM

This is WHY you don't mess around with storm surge...

castaway01 10-11-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodtoo (Post 2382272)
Holy crap!! Who took that?

Storm chasers who get right in the path of the storm. Check out YouTube and other places, there are a few of those channels and those crazy bastards get some amazing video.

turfnsport 10-11-2018 11:31 AM

Mexico Beach

boxcar 10-12-2018 12:29 PM

Victims of Hurricane Michael are represented by climate deniers

Elections have consequences. Denying science has consequences. And we are reaping what we sow.

Just think: If Floridians had voted dimwit, the Panhandle cold have avoided Michael. :rolleyes:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...limate-deniers