Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What's this.... (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181544)

Saratoga 03-18-2024 08:08 AM

What's this....

1 Attachment(s)
I swear.....I think these ads are getting bigger and bigger and taking up the page

PaceAdvantage 03-18-2024 09:18 AM

wait, you're seeing ads BETWEEN posts? Not just on top/bottom/side?

I see what you mean about bigger ad on bottom...they might be running another "experiment" that I can turn off.

Saratoga 03-18-2024 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2934537)

I see what you mean about bigger ad on bottom...they might be running another "experiment" that I can turn off.

Guinea pig......??

JustRalph 03-18-2024 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Check this one out

OntheRail 03-18-2024 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2934537)

The ones that I hate are the ones that pop up when I click to open a thread... they take up the entire screen to the point the X can't be seen... many time have to hit back button and click again an hope it doesn't show again 90% for the time it works. But yeah they are really pushing the envelope on size.

Saratoga 03-18-2024 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OntheRail (Post 2934569)
The ones that I hate are the ones that pop up when I click to open a thread... they take up the entire screen to the point the X can't be seen... many time have to hit back button and click again an hope it doesn't show again 90% for the time it works. But yeah they are really pushing the envelope on size.

so true....:lol:

PaceAdvantage 03-18-2024 02:09 PM

OK, I turned the experiment off

There should not be any ads between posts going forward (give it about 30 min to take effect)

PaceAdvantage 03-18-2024 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OntheRail (Post 2934569)

The full page vignette ads should not be taking up the page to the point where the "X" can't be seen. That's odd.

I've never seen that happen on my end.

JustRalph 03-18-2024 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2934576)
The full page vignette ads should not be taking up the page to the point where the "X" can't be seen. That's odd.

I've never seen that happen on my end.

It’s happening

ElKabong 03-18-2024 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2934568)
Check this one out

JR for the win

Saratoga 03-20-2024 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shit....

Now we have videos playing....Full Screen

You go PA!!!

PaceAdvantage 03-20-2024 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saratoga (Post 2934979)
Shit....

Now we have videos playing....Full Screen

You go PA!!!

Those have always been there as part of the full screen ads that have been in place for many months now.

Sorry man...I'm still losing money

I could just shut everything down...I mean...is that what you want?

I'm starting not to mind the notion...It will be sad for a few seconds I guess...lol

25 years is a pretty good run

Saratoga 03-20-2024 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2934985)
Those have always been there as part of the full screen ads that have been in place for many months now.

I'm starting not to mind the notion...It will be sad for a few seconds I guess...lol

its ok dude..

that puppy is so cute....

JustRalph 03-20-2024 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2934985)

If you’re losing money….i find that a problem.

You really shouldn’t be subsidizing this thing.

Some of you guys need to hit the PayPal link more often

PaceAdvantage 03-20-2024 10:38 PM

losing money on this website? yup

I'm sure it's my fault...although...ad revenue from Google was so much better before Trump came along...I can't help but think...nah...but wait...yeah...they would do that...:lol:

Whatever...I'm looking into downgrading servers at my host...now that I've gotten rid of a lot of those bots, I probably don't need so much server horsepower...:lol:

I am way overpaying for my hosting...tough not to lose money on a month-to-month basis.