Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Not a bad day for Serling (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92048)

cj 03-02-2012 04:32 PM

Not a bad day for Serling

Disclaimer, he is a friend.

He has chosen winners on top paying $27.80, $12.20, and $26.60 through 8 races. You are not going to find that from other public handicappers very often.

bigmack 03-02-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
Disclaimer, he is a friend.

He has chosen winners on top paying $27.80, $12.20, and $26.60 through 8 races. You are not going to find that from other public handicappers very often.

Clearly, at those prices, few are paying attention to his picks.

Where's the love?

Grits 03-02-2012 04:55 PM

He's had a very good day. Love is of no matter when giving out $20+ horses.

lamboguy 03-02-2012 04:57 PM

real nice, keep it going

classhandicapper 03-02-2012 05:05 PM

He's had a lot of terrific days this meet, but this was an especially good one.

Robert Fischer 03-02-2012 05:08 PM

he's heating up

lamboguy 03-02-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
he's heating up

that's a tremendous attitude!

Rutgers 03-02-2012 06:25 PM

Andy Serling will be having a live web chat tonight at 9 ET at NYRA.com.

(Well, I think it’s 9, the web page for the chat has the time in 3 different forms - 9 EDT, 9 EST and 8 ET. I don’t know if it is a case of somebody not paying attention to simple but important details or somebody not knowing the difference between standard time and daylight saving time…either way it reflects poorly on the organization.)

Here's the link to the chat:

http://www.nyra.com/livechat/index.shtml

Canarsie 03-02-2012 07:30 PM

There is not a better public handicapper in this country imo. Not only does he pick them there is detailed reasoning and analogy for each race he handicaps.

I try to never miss Talking Horses and today I received a tweet about a NYRA audio feed which is a tremendous asset. I can leave it on in the background.

Lets not forget Maggie either she's a great asset to Andy and does her job extremely well.

PaceAdvantage 03-02-2012 07:41 PM

This ain't Charles Town or Mountaineer... do you really think they wouldn't have paid more had he NOT picked them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmack
Clearly, at those prices, few are paying attention to his picks.

Where's the love?

Ocala Mike 03-02-2012 10:51 PM

Not a bad day for Serling

No public selector can hold a candle to him. He gave out a $41 horse a couple of Saturdays ago that I got well on. I "follow" him on Twitter.

Ocala Mike

Striker 03-02-2012 11:22 PM

Andy gave great insight on HRTV this morning for the Bold Brat Stakes on the #3 Dontbeshy I'll Buy and why he was against Maple Forest. Great call on that one plus the other 2. The announcers on HRTV were trying to talk to him about the great card at AQU on Saturday and he said wait a minute ,it is even a better card today. Joanne Jones of HRTV said tell us why. He did and there you have it. Great day Andy!

HuggingTheRail 03-03-2012 01:52 AM

Very nice day for Andy :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

thaskalos 03-03-2012 02:07 AM

Serling's thoughtful analysis of the race is more valuable than the picks themselves.

A first-rate handicapper all the way!

PhantomOnTour 03-03-2012 03:27 AM

Isn't Serling the walking living example of why players should follow one circuit? Look at the results of his work.
The intimate knowledge of the NY trainers, horses and jockeys can only be gained through following the circuit yearround, like Andy does...every race, every day.
I am a dedicated NY player and spend as much time as i can getting to know as much as i can about racing there (Aqu, Bel, Sar).
In my opinion it's the best way to go...pick a circuit and concentrate on it.
At the very least, you will learn a lot about how trainers operate.

Nice job today Andy