Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Track Announcers Moving Around (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121292)

HuggingTheRail 05-02-2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jballscalls
Doing just fine and thanks for asking. After doing the QH meet and living in La for a few months I just decided living down there wasn't for me. So back in the Pacific NW now and happy to be home. People at LaD were awesome, honestly just decided it wasn't for me and they were supportive of the decision. Older I get the more I realize being around family and friends is paramount for me.

Are you going to pursue the EmD job?

Donttellmeshowme 05-03-2015 07:41 PM

Track announcer at EVD last year is now at LaD

upthecreek 05-06-2015 03:24 PM

Is John Boothe calling anywhere? I just saw a race from Indiana Grand & made me think of him

wisconsin 05-06-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthecreek
Is John Boothe calling anywhere? I just saw a race from Indiana Grand & made me think of him

I think Ocean Downs.

upthecreek 05-07-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wisconsin
I think Ocean Downs.

He's not there They told somebody named Rick Uppal is back for his 2nd season

wisconsin 05-07-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthecreek
He's not there They told somebody named Rick Uppal is back for his 2nd season

My cousin, who lives in Broken Arrow, OK, tells me he called Fair Meadows last summer.

affirmedny 05-07-2015 01:46 PM

from John Bothe's facebook page on Jan 25th:

After I had an enjoyable summer announcing at Fair Meadows, I decided to shut it down for awhile. It was 40 years since I took some extended rest. Now I'm ready to go full steam. If any track has an opening, and wants to hear the original zooooooming byes and late night hardballs. They could be all yours. Thanks 3/16 th of a mile to go and their on their way home.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Iron.

kmac1470 05-07-2015 04:09 PM

Shannon "Sugar" Doyle takes over as the voice of Fort Erie. Calls harness at Western Fair all winter. Moves to the runners at the border oval for the summer. Nice gig for a solid announcer.

Stillriledup 05-07-2015 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affirmedny
from John Bothe's facebook page on Jan 25th:

After I had an enjoyable summer announcing at Fair Meadows, I decided to shut it down for awhile. It was 40 years since I took some extended rest. Now I'm ready to go full steam. If any track has an opening, and wants to hear the original zooooooming byes and late night hardballs. They could be all yours. Thanks 3/16 th of a mile to go and their on their way home.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Iron.

Bothe is a great announcer with original stuff, the zooming by was stolen by a few announcers and the late night hardball is a fantastic call too and yeah, 3/16ths of a mile and they're on their way home is a staple.

upthecreek 05-22-2015 03:11 PM

Geller/Woodbine