Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tennessee defunds PP (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144273)

JustRalph 04-14-2018 07:43 PM

Tennessee defunds PP

Clocker 04-14-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2303079)

I thought I heard rumors that the federal government was going to do that too. Must not have been true. If Trump and Congress wanted to do that, it would have happened by now.

JustRalph 04-14-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2303094)
I thought I heard rumors that the federal government was going to do that too. Must not have been true. If Trump and Congress wanted to do that, it would have happened by now.

Paul Ryan’s crowning achievement

davew 04-14-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2303094)

They got rid of line item vetoes a few presidents back. All or nothing with what the top 4 in Congress (and their lobbyists) present.

Clocker 04-14-2018 08:27 PM

There was a lot more wrong with that budget than just PP. He could have vetoed the whole thing. Treat them like kids, tell them they did a crappy job and need to do it over.

He signed it and said he would never sign such a terrible bill again. Then why sign this one?

If he vetoed it, the world wouldn't end. Congress would go back, pass yet another continuing resolution to fund the government for a few more months, and write another budget bill.

Tom 04-14-2018 08:44 PM

Working on “rescissions” to the budget.
The way this government works, they will probably INCREASE it!

horses4courses 04-15-2018 12:18 AM

Knuckledraggers

PaceAdvantage 04-15-2018 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses (Post 2303205)
Knuckledraggers

You forgot war on women.

tucker6 04-15-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2303117)

He signed it and said he would never sign such a terrible bill again. Then why sign this one?

If he vetoed it, the world wouldn't end. Congress would go back, pass yet another continuing resolution to fund the government for a few more months, and write another budget bill.

The defense dept was complaining that continuing resolutions were harming their operations and morale (soldiers don't get paid during a shutdown). I agree. One cannot operate efficiently if the money train stops every few weeks or months.

Beyond that, Trump got what he really wanted, and that was a large increase in the defense budget. Once again, it was Ryan and McConnell who lacked the backbone to push back against the entitlement train. Now that Trump got what he wanted, I do expect him to be hard nosed next time round.

tucker6 04-15-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2303219)
You forgot war on women.

I'm always confused on that point. On the one hand, Trump is accused of liking the ladies too much; and on the other hand is waging war on them. Maybe he separates them into two camps. The good looking ones, and those that look like Hillary and Rosie.

MONEY 04-15-2018 10:18 AM

War on Women!

"About 51 percent, or $14 trillion, of American personal wealth is now controlled by women, according to the Bank of Montreal's Wealth Institute. The Canadian bank also expects them to control about $22 trillion by 2020."

http://www.businessinsider.com/women...-wealth-2015-4

"women have also moved to fill 52 percent of management, professional and related positions"

JustRalph 04-15-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MONEY (Post 2303263)
"About 51 percent, or $14 trillion, of American personal wealth is now controlled by women, according to the Bank of Montreal's Wealth Institute. The Canadian bank also expects them to control about $22 trillion by 2020."

http://www.businessinsider.com/women...-wealth-2015-4

"women have also moved to fill 52 percent of management, professional and related positions"

it is in my house :lol:

horses4courses 04-15-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tucker6 (Post 2303250)
I'm always confused on that point. On the one hand, Trump is accused of liking the ladies too much; and on the other hand is waging war on them. Maybe he separates them into two camps. The good looking ones, and those that look like Hillary and Rosie.

What are women up against when it comes to male chauvinism?

"Your honor, I rest my case."

Tom 04-16-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses (Post 2303656)
What are women up against when it comes to male chauvinism?

"Your honor, I rest my case."

You forgot the Clintons, using and abusing women for decades.

biggestal99 04-16-2018 12:41 PM

The good thing about the American presidency is that has immense power for 4/8 years than they are gone.

By that time a dem will take power and restore what ever knuckle dragging cuts that Trump has instituted.

PP funding will be restored as soon as a dem gets the power to do so.

Allan