Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Saddle Cloth on Backwards! (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163233)

cardinalsfan 02-17-2021 07:13 PM

Saddle Cloth on Backwards!

Did you see it? In the first race at Charlestown today (2/17/2021) the #3 horse had its saddle cloth on backwards. Absolutely no big deal, it's just that in all my years I've never seen this happen before. Anyone else have any strange stories like this?

Elkchester Road 02-17-2021 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalsfan (Post 2702103)
Did you see it? In the first race at Charlestown today (2/17/2021) the #3 horse had its saddle cloth on backwards. Absolutely no big deal, it's just that in all my years I've never seen this happen before. Anyone else have any strange stories like this?

I did see this, cardinalsfan. Horse wound up going off as a big favorite...winning easily. That was the first win of a natural pick-3 for Trainer Ronney Brown. It was pretty funny. :D:D

king kong 02-18-2021 10:50 AM

Backwards

He won like the rest of the field was going backwards!:headbanger:

Elkchester Road 02-18-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king kong (Post 2702181)
He won like the rest of the field was going backwards!:headbanger:

:D:D:lol::lol:

JeremyJet 02-21-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalsfan (Post 2702103)

Here's a good one ... and it also happens to involve the #3. 😄

The mighty HOUSEBUSTER, at Arlington Park, in the 1990 Sheridan Stakes. He was the #3, but it looked like the letter E.

I can't find a race replay on YouTube, and I don't have a Blood-Horse or Thoroughbred Record for that specific time period to find a photo.

The date was 6/23/90. Anyone have a Blood-Horse for the last week of June, or the first week of July? There has to be a picture in one of those issues.

Fingal 02-22-2021 11:39 AM

Few-
Years ago Sadler had a nice stakes mare named Iotapa. One race she comes out to the ring with the embroidered towel that says "Lotapa"

One opening day at Santa Anita-down at the ring in one of the early stakes we can see the #7 towel with the name coming toward us, but when it makes the turn there's no name on the right side, someone had only put it on the left side. Later in the day when the Malibu field came out, the #1 had the everyday plain red towel while the rest had the ones with horse name on them, wondered if it was the same mistake.