Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SUPERTRAINER Heaven (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151555)

linrom1 04-13-2019 09:13 PM

SUPERTRAINER Heaven

I am through playing Midwestern tracks like Oaklawn and Keenland. Both of these tracks turned into super trainer playground for likes of Brad Cox, Dallas Stewart, Asmussen and Diodoro.

It's disgusting in particular when you play exotics like P4s because these guys will wipe you out: you can't leave them out, but, if you don't you end up screwing up your ticket construction.

MooseDog 04-13-2019 09:55 PM

If you think it's bad now, I hear that several California operations are already planning on moving East due to the new medication restrictions.

taxicab 04-14-2019 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseDog (Post 2452488)
If you think it's bad now, I hear that several California operations are already planning on moving East due to the new medication restrictions.

William Morey is going to Kentucky.

jay68802 04-14-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taxicab (Post 2452524)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseDog (Post 2452488)

Tells you something about the sport and the existing medication rules. And some people say that the success is due to long hours and hard work.

parlay 04-14-2019 11:04 AM

dallas

Surprised you included him on this list. I like betting him in specific situations but never considered him in the same terms as the others.

porkchop 04-14-2019 11:47 AM

It seems that they are the only ones that are still able to operate , the little guys are struggling to get healthy stock

SG4 04-14-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linrom1 (Post 2452467)
I am through playing Midwestern tracks like Oaklawn and Keenland. Both of these tracks turned into super trainer playground for likes of Brad Cox, Dallas Stewart, Asmussen and Diodoro.

It's disgusting in particular when you play exotics like P4s because these guys will wipe you out: you can't leave them out, but, if you don't you end up screwing up your ticket construction.

I wonder if Dallas Stewart would be honored or insulted to be referred to as a super trainer, don't think that's a name anyone has ever put out there in this regard

Robert Fischer 04-14-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linrom1 (Post 2452467)
Dallas Stewart

I think it's spelled N-o-r-m-a-n M-c-K-n-i-g-h-t

Psychotic Parakeet 04-14-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taxicab (Post 2452524)

That is because his wife is a bloodstock agent out there, and he was caught milkshaking in California.

MooseDog 04-14-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parlay (Post 2452622)
Surprised you included him on this list. I like betting him in specific situations but never considered him in the same terms as the others.

Big surprise to most of us in CA as well.

AskinHaskin 04-16-2019 12:05 PM

Dallas Stewart has won more than 22 races in a calendar year just three times after 2008 (35, 27, 25), and he hasn't reached the 16% wins threshold since 2006.

So, um,.... no!

(can't understand why California would even care, really, as Stewart hasn't started a horse there other than Breeders' Cup time for more than 10 years)

linrom1 04-16-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AskinHaskin (Post 2453293)
Dallas Stewart has won more than 22 races in a calendar year just three times after 2008 (35, 27, 25), and he hasn't reached the 16% wins threshold since 2006.

So, um,.... no!

(can't understand why California would even care, really, as Stewart hasn't started a horse there other than Breeders' Cup time for more than 10 years)

I think the other poster had Dallas Keen in mind?

I wasn't looking at Stewart's overall career, I am just looking at some results. What you point out is correct, he is not a supertrainer where he consistently wins and earns large amounts of purse money, so I did label him inappropriately.

But I am leery of him!

parlay 04-16-2019 07:31 PM

true operator

Quote:

Originally Posted by linrom1 (Post 2453316)
I think the other poster had Dallas Keen in mind?

I wasn't looking at Stewart's overall career, I am just looking at some results. What you point out is correct, he is not a supertrainer where he consistently wins and earns large amounts of purse money, so I did label him inappropriately.

But I am leery of him!

I view him as a trainer that sets his horses up the old fashioned way. Rarely strikes off the bench. Likes to point to a meet. I do not view him as "lighting up his horses".