Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Stock Market Prediction (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133768)

AltonKelsey 04-26-2017 12:32 PM

Timing is everything.

Kind of like a horse that wins NEXT time out.

PaceAdvantage 04-26-2017 12:45 PM

Rally died as quickly as it started...no heart

AltonKelsey 04-26-2017 01:46 PM

Tax reform looks like a winner if it can pass.

Boom!

whodoyoulike 04-26-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltonKelsey (Post 2158586)
Tax reform looks like a winner if it can pass.

Boom!

That's exactly what the U.S. stock market is focusing on and not the events in France as someone mentioned earlier this week.

A few questions.

1) If this corporate tax reduction goes as planned, who picks up the corporate tax savings to continue running this country?

2) As it stands, don't we still have a HUGE deficit currently?

3) Which is more important, the corporate tax rate or the individual tax rate?

reckless 04-26-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whodoyoulike (Post 2158599)
That's exactly what the U.S. stock market is focusing on and not the events in France as someone mentioned earlier this week.

A few questions.

1) If this corporate tax reduction goes as planned, who picks up the corporate tax savings to continue running this country?

2) As it stands, don't we still have a HUGE deficit currently?

3) Which is more important, the corporate tax rate or the individual tax rate?

For question No. 1-- Trump wants to jump start a morbid 10+ year economy. He also wants to create jobs, especially well-paying, blue collar manufacturing jobs. A lower corporate tax rate such as the kind Trump wants... will stop corporate inversions cold, which will bring home the trillions of dollars US companies have overseas. With these tax monies returned, plus all future income taxed at a lower rate, will help create jobs and stimulate capital spending. Why should our companies have to pay a nearly 40 per cent corporate tax rate here while the same companies pay only about 15 per cent, some more, some less, in places like Ireland?

Job creation and investment, capital and plants, etc., means more taxable income spent up and the down the chain, which will help run the country, so to speak.

For question No. 2-- Yes we have a huge deficit. That deficit is from excess and irresponsible spending, not because of any lack of income from taxation.

Taxes is the citizens' money, both individual and corporate citizens, and not the government's money. People should never forget this. But, some people have, especially our politicians.

Tax relief should not have to be paid for, plain and simple.

For question No. 3-- In my opinion, both are very and somewhat equally important. As I said earlier, companies will invest here once the tax environment improves. Money flows to where it is most welcomed and respected.

Individuals benefit from a lower tax rate too. More money in their take home pay means more money to spend and save, and to reduce individual debt.

A lower tax rate is much better and way more important than simply 'cutting' taxes.

whodoyoulike 04-26-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reckless (Post 2158628)
... A lower tax rate is much better and way more important than simply 'cutting' taxes.

Not sure I agree with everything you wrote. I have to think about it a little more.

I don't understand the above portion of your post. It seems you're making a distinction between implementing a lower tax rate and "simply cutting taxes".

AltonKelsey 04-28-2017 11:48 AM

Got real quiet in here.

Market resting finally. Lots of individual big movers up & down, but the biggies holding it up .

AltonKelsey 05-01-2017 01:52 PM

Market very nice.

lamboguy 05-01-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltonKelsey (Post 2160927)
Market very nice.

i am waiting for the next turn date which might be coming in around the end of june into the middle of July. i should come up with the exact day within 10 days from now and i will post it. hopefully i get the direction right which i think should be down.

AltonKelsey 05-01-2017 03:31 PM

Must be boring having to wait two months.

Should we just sit by the pool and sip margaritas until then?:sleeping:

lamboguy 05-01-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltonKelsey (Post 2160980)
Must be boring having to wait two months.

Should we just sit by the pool and sip margaritas until then?:sleeping:

hell no, just bet the pony's, its a great time of the year

lamboguy 05-08-2017 11:36 AM

it looks like there will be more and more electric cars manufactured. it will put some type of a dent into cars and trucks that run on fossil fuels. i see one big problem, when the battery's are done they are considered to be hazardous waste filled with lithium and cobalt. some of the battery's must weigh up to 1000 pounds and it would cost money, maybe up to $2000 to dispose of them.

i was looking for a company that deals with those useless battery's and salvages some of materials that can be re used and can't find any company that fits that build. i suspect that if there is a process to to deal with this matter it might also apply to i-phones as well.

just wondered if anyone knew of any company that deals in this matter?

barahona44 05-08-2017 03:11 PM

The VIX ,which measures market volatility, reached a 24 year low today.Are investors getting a little too comfortable for their own good?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/wal...ars-2017-05-08

PaceAdvantage 05-08-2017 03:22 PM

9.71 currently...unreal...

ReplayRandall 05-08-2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2165192)
9.71 currently...unreal...

Unreal= Artificially low.....Beware, the other shoe is about to drop, it's a set-up.