Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Criminal Act by Sonny Leon GP 4th race (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173624)

Brisk Urging 12-01-2022 04:42 PM

Criminal Act by Sonny Leon GP 4th race

Serious??

take a look at Gp 4th race.#2

Dave Schwartz 12-01-2022 04:55 PM

"Seriously?" is right.

sharkey11 12-01-2022 07:47 PM

now thats what i call rating a horse :pound:

PaceAdvantage 12-01-2022 07:58 PM

What am I supposed to see?

You guys think he purposefully stiffed the horse? :lol:

Am I on twitter?

the little guy 12-01-2022 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2844659)
What am I supposed to see?

You guys think he purposefully stiffed the horse? :lol:

Am I on twitter?

It's a Tweet from the worst racing related Twitter account....and that's saying a LOT.

the little guy 12-01-2022 08:19 PM

He's a mediocre rider. This is hardly news. He probably should have tried to hold his position better but to suggest he was cheating is moronic.

sharkey11 12-01-2022 08:24 PM

cheating we all know that never happens in games of chance does it ?and who said he cheated i did not read that word in the posts :lol:

the little guy 12-01-2022 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkey11 (Post 2844667)
cheating we all know that never happens in games of chance does it ?and who said he cheated i did not read that word in the posts :lol:

Reading is hard, I get it.

sharkey11 12-01-2022 08:43 PM

weather the horse was ridden poorly or not it doesn't matter once you make your bet its out of your control . but dont think for a minute that any game of chance can not be rigged . i rember a jockey named billy patton it was i believe the oaklawn derby . on national tv tossing something at the clubhouse turn after the finish . and the next day or so they raked the turn and found more than 20 of these fine little devices ! :lol:

Dave Schwartz 12-01-2022 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2844665)
He's a mediocre rider. This is hardly news. He probably should have tried to hold his position better but to suggest he was cheating is moronic.

Clearly, you are for more expert at watching races for in-race moves (or non-moves) than I am.

As moronic as you may think it is, I simply do not understand why a jockey would offer zero urging to a horse on the lead until he settled into next-to-last and then, suddenly, step on the gas.

Maybe a little bit of that urging on the front end would have given the horse an honest shot, especially since he ran 3rd.

Heck, had he started that urging when he was only 4 lengths back instead of circling the field, the horse might have won by 3.

v j stauffer 12-01-2022 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkey11 (Post 2844675)
weather the horse was ridden poorly or not it doesn't matter once you make your bet its out of your control . but dont think for a minute that any game of chance can not be rigged . i rember a jockey named billy patton it was i believe the oaklawn derby . on national tv tossing something at the clubhouse turn after the finish . and the next day or so they raked the turn and found more than 20 of these fine little devices ! :lol:

Nonsense.

As for Sonny Leon.

The horse finished 4th because he was 4th best at best.

He looks like a very lazy horse who doesn't like being rushed, doesn't like the inside and is no great fan of Tapeta.

He kinda fooled Leon for a stride or two at the 5/16th's into thinking he might get a bigger piece.

Didn't carry on with that.

Hung on his left lead until very late.

There's one of the things that all you stiff masters don't consider.

Do you think these jocks purposely keep horses on the wrong lead inhibit performance? Now that would be a trick.

Please at least know what you're watching.

A small late spurt made it a closer 4th and that was that.

No stiff.

No horse.

No story.

Dave Schwartz 12-01-2022 09:20 PM

VJ Stauffer,

Quote:

He looks like a very lazy horse who doesn't like being rushed, doesn't like the inside and is no great fan of Tapeta.

He kinda fooled Leon for a stride or two at the 5/16th's into thinking he might get a bigger piece.

Didn't carry on with that.

Hung on his left lead until very late.

Now, THAT is a helpful explanation that even a guy like me can make sense of.

Thank you.
:ThmbUp:

To carry on with that, would you also say that perhaps a better jockey would have been able to get him to switch leads? Or even have changed the entire ride?

Dave

ranchwest 12-01-2022 09:24 PM

I hope he will have more success. I have an autographed photo. :lol:

the little guy 12-01-2022 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz (Post 2844676)
Clearly, you are for more expert at watching races for in-race moves (or non-moves) than I am.

As moronic as you may think it is, I simply do not understand why a jockey would offer zero urging to a horse on the lead until he settled into next-to-last and then, suddenly, step on the gas.

Maybe a little bit of that urging on the front end would have given the horse an honest shot, especially since he ran 3rd.

Heck, had he started that urging when he was only 4 lengths back instead of circling the field, the horse might have won by 3.

I wouldn't have described his trip like that in any way. He tried a little to hold the position and the horse was backing out. It happens. He also hardly "suddenly stepped on the gas" and he definitely didn't "circle the field." Actually, save the situation of position, he gave him an OK ride, saving ground and splitting horses. Frankly, I think the biggest crime in watching that video is cutting to a useless head-on angle mid-race. We will never know what took place during that period.

People tend to exaggerate trips and trouble. This horse isn't fast enough to keep up with the leader. He also might not have loved being inside of horses. Blaming Leon, and claiming he did something "criminal" is ridiculous, and that's being nice. Irad Ortiz might have finished second on him today. I don't see a scenario where he would have won.

Speed Figure 12-01-2022 09:34 PM

Sonny thought after winning the derby he would become a big time rider! He was very good in Ohio, but if he stays at GP when the big meet starts he’ll be lucky to win 10% of his mounts!