Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do any of you have questions about Joel Rosario ? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44216)

Turfday 02-16-2008 05:47 PM

Do any of you have questions about Joel Rosario ?

His agent, Vince Degregory, Jr, is a very, very longtime friend and I'm having dinner with him next week (not Joel, Vince). So if you have any reasonable questions about Joel, aside from when his next longshot winner is coming, I will be happy to ask Vince and report back on the board.

bigmack 02-16-2008 06:37 PM

I hear they call him "The English Patient" as his English is spotty at best. Does he miss some mounts because of language barrier? Also, how do you say longshot in Spanish - Grande' Bang Bang?

MAGICHORSEMAN 02-16-2008 09:53 PM

Question for Joel

Ask his agent who Joel looks up and admires in the racing world. Who is his mentor at Santa Anita? Which jockey does he admire and respect the most currently riding at Santa Anita.

Thanks in advance Bob

njcurveball 02-16-2008 10:42 PM

Ask him what is the name he uses to post here. :jump:

Pace Cap'n 02-16-2008 11:25 PM

He seems to be better than most at booting home the longshot. How does he get the horse to perform better than expected?

cnollfan 02-17-2008 09:36 AM

What riding adjustments does he make for the track surface?

boomman 02-17-2008 10:15 AM

Joel Rosario

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turfday
His agent, Vince Degregory, Jr, is a very, very longtime friend and I'm having dinner with him next week (not Joel, Vince). So if you have any reasonable questions about Joel, aside from when his next longshot winner is coming, I will be happy to ask Vince and report back on the board.

A couple of comments/questions: First of all, I hope he wasn't injured seriously when he clipped heels and was unseated from his mount yesterday @ SA (I noticed he had to take off the rest of his mounts on the card) Ask Vince when he took over as Joel's agent, as I know VJ Stauffer had Joel's book in Northen California and maybe even for a while in So Cal. Ask Joel if he feels that Vic really helped him get "going". By the way, I thought Vic might have picked up Joel's book again in So Cal after the Hollywood meet, does anyone know who Vic has now? Congratulate Joel for a fine meet at Santa Anita, and we hope he's "back in the saddle" soon! :)

Boomer

Tom 02-17-2008 12:32 PM

What does riding of poly do to his game plan? Does he change tactics?
What does he think about the surface itself and the blow back? Any real concerns? Fears?

Turfday 02-17-2008 05:36 PM

I'm going to print out these questions and take along

I'll give a print out copy of this thread to Vince and see if he can answer some of them without asking Joel (who isn't joining us). I'll then ask Vince to try to get Joel to respond to the ones that he can answer. I don't think Joel is that fluent in English. We'll see.

Turfday 02-19-2008 01:35 PM

Rosario resumes riding on Wednesday, he had bruises on his side

Thank goodness, Joel wasn't seriously hurt. He's got some black and blue on his side and was sore. But he resumes riding on Wednesday.

There was a question above in this thread about Vic Stouffer. Vic is the track announcer at Hollywood Park during the spring/summer and fall meets. I don't believe he is doing the jockey agent thing now.

omalley 02-19-2008 04:08 PM

At what point and time does he know he has a chance to win with a 40/1 shot.
When he agrees to ride, at the paddock, during warm ups, ect.

juanepstein 02-19-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomman
A couple of comments/questions: First of all, I hope he wasn't injured seriously when he clipped heels and was unseated from his mount yesterday @ SA (I noticed he had to take off the rest of his mounts on the card) Ask Vince when he took over as Joel's agent, as I know VJ Stauffer had Joel's book in Northen California and maybe even for a while in So Cal. Ask Joel if he feels that Vic really helped him get "going". By the way, I thought Vic might have picked up Joel's book again in So Cal after the Hollywood meet, does anyone know who Vic has now? Congratulate Joel for a fine meet at Santa Anita, and we hope he's "back in the saddle" soon! :)

Boomer

believe he had Jorge Ayarza also.