Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   December 7th 1941 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155558)

formula_2002 12-07-2019 08:38 AM

December 7th 1941

My heart felt thanks to all of the brave men and women, military, political and all others that contributed to the war effort, and got us through to this day.

woodtoo 12-07-2019 03:45 PM

Yes indeed. An attack on America and freedom itself.:rip:

JustRalph 12-07-2019 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
On that fateful day two of our favorite customers, see pic, we’re getting ready for their day. She was a tennis instructor and he was a Sailor she was dating. She lived just off post and he was stationed at Pearl. On that morning they had planned to meet and play some tennis on the base.

Of course their plans were interrupted. A week after the attack they married and a week after that he shipped out and was fighting in the Pacific for the next three years. His memory is a little weak but she tells us she didn’t see him for 3 years. She says she would get a letter “about every three weeks” She worked on the base in supply for the duration of the war.

He stayed in the service and retired. He also saw action in Korea.

It’s a pleasure to see them when they come in. They are real heroes in my mind. They have a very special relationship with my wife.

Some of these guys are still out there. They deserve accolades

PaceAdvantage 12-07-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2542424)
On that fateful day two of our favorite customers, see pic, we’re getting ready for their day. She was a tennis instructor and he was a Sailor she was dating. She lived just off post and he was stationed at Pearl. On that morning they had planned to meet and play some tennis on the base.

Of course their plans were interrupted. A week after the attack they married and a week after that he shipped out and was fighting in the Pacific for the next three years. His memory is a little weak but she tells us she didn’t see him for 3 years. She says she would get a letter “about every three weeks” She worked on the base in supply for the duration of the war.

He stayed in the service and retired. He also saw action in Korea.

It’s a pleasure to see them when they come in. They are real heroes in my mind. They have a very special relationship with my wife.

Some of these guys are still out there. They deserve accolades

Awesome post man...great picture, and what a great little love story...

formula_2002 12-07-2019 06:29 PM

Great story. Thanks, and my best to them .

Tom 12-08-2019 11:49 AM

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp: