Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Larry Lederman calling Delaware (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131847)

molson721 06-27-2016 03:27 PM

Larry Lederman calling Delaware

He's still around after his cancer diagnosis several years back. Does anybody know if the cancer is in remission? He is not everybody's type by I enjoy his humor calling a race and smiled when I heard he was still with us.

Peter Berry 06-27-2016 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson721
He's still around after his cancer diagnosis several years back. Does anybody know if the cancer is in remission? He is not everybody's type by I enjoy his humor calling a race and smiled when I heard he was still with us.

One of the all-time greats. A true legend.

lamboguy 06-27-2016 07:27 PM

Quote:

he's amazing fighting the fight. i called him a few years ago when my friends kid was in the battle and he called every night and got the poor kid through his treatments. i couldn't be more thankful for what he did. he had the kid laughing his ass off instead of thinking about his troubles. it really doesn't get any better than LL. a great human.

SuperPickle 06-27-2016 07:47 PM

My other question is where is John Curran?

I'm just curious because I thought he was one of those guys like Terry Wallace who called every race, every meet.

mannyberrios 06-28-2016 05:10 PM

God bless Larry

molson721 06-28-2016 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy
he's amazing fighting the fight. i called him a few years ago when my friends kid was in the battle and he called every night and got the poor kid through his treatments. i couldn't be more thankful for what he did. he had the kid laughing his ass off instead of thinking about his troubles. it really doesn't get any better than LL. a great human.

You said you called him so can you please give us an update or have Larry post here and give an update on his condition because I am sure others have wondered about his condition since he told us about his cancer several years back. I was so happy to hear him calling the Delaware races and to know he is still with us and I hope he will be with us for so much longer.

MonmouthParkJoe 06-29-2016 05:42 AM

Agreed. Larry is one of my favs, hope he is doing well

bello 06-29-2016 09:18 AM

Was he a guest announcer or is he the regular announcer?

Larry, you are the greatest

EMD4ME 06-29-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe
Agreed. Larry is one of my favs, hope he is doing well

Agreed. Love his pizzazz! So witty in his calls too! Miss those Garden state calls

charm city whizz 06-29-2016 12:00 PM

Larry is the best

Told the story here before had the pleasure of meeting Larry at Atlantic city racecourse Prob in 2012 it was right around when he was diagnosed remember him telling me in the announcers booth about his condition and how at the time thinking how it was possible to be so funny and upbeat with having his terrible diagnosis....

remember vividly the day I was diagnosed with Cancer in March i thought back to that day in the booth with Larry how positive he was facing one of lifes most gruesome diagnoses....

really hoping he is the announced there for the summer would love to take a trip up there to see him

charm city whizz 06-29-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Agreed. Love his pizzazz! So witty in his calls too! Miss those Garden state calls

There a few of his GSP1 and GS calls on YouTube they are all classics

EMD4ME 06-29-2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charm city whizz
There a few of his GSP1 and GS calls on YouTube they are all classics

I am not ashamed to admit that I watch them when bored lol

SandyW 06-29-2016 01:14 PM

Quote:

Great race caller, and even greater person. God bless and keep him healthy.

castaway01 06-29-2016 01:17 PM

Quote:

You said you called him so can you please give us an update or have Larry post here and give an update on his condition because I am sure others have wondered about his condition since he told us about his cancer several years back. I was so happy to hear him calling the Delaware races and to know he is still with us and I hope he will be with us for so much longer.

Last update I saw was last fall. At that time the tumor was still there and Larry was still receiving periodic treatment.

As others have said, aside from being very talented he's a great guy and it was nice to hear him back behind the mic for a few days.

lamboguy 06-29-2016 01:43 PM

Quote:

i haven't spoken to him in about 6 months, but he was doing good back then. he has inoperable brain cancer that is in remission right now.

you can e-mail him at XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. i hope i am not doing the wrong thing by posting his e-mail address, but the one thing i know about him is he won't get to mad at me for doing this.