Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Twitter permanently suspends Trump (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162537)

TJDave 01-08-2021 06:46 PM

Twitter permanently suspends Trump

Twitter permanently suspended President Trump’s account Friday after determining that his posts pose the “the risk of further incitement of violence.”
The platform had previously handed the president a 12-hour suspension for posts made during Wednesday’s violent insurrection at the Capitol building.

lamboguy 01-08-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2691939)
Twitter permanently suspended President Trump’s account Friday after determining that his posts pose the “the risk of further incitement of violence.”
The platform had previously handed the president a 12-hour suspension for posts made during Wednesday’s violent insurrection at the Capitol building.

now i really feel bad for him, that's the one thing that's worse than losing the election!

zico20 01-08-2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2691939)

Good move by Twitter. Last year Pelosi and hundreds of other Democratic politicians were publicly espousing rioting and looting and their followers heeded their advice and destroyed city after city. But then again, the difference is Trump supporters took a vacation day off of work and probably won't do it again as they have to earn a living whereas the other side was on a permanent vacation so they could riot all day every day.

MargieRose 01-08-2021 07:21 PM

Twitter also deleted the #Walkaway account with all of its 500,000 followers.
Sieg Heil...comrade Twitter! :puke:

davew 01-08-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargieRose (Post 2691958)
Twitter also deleted the #Walkaway account with all of its 500,000 followers.
Sieg Heil...comrade Twitter! :puke:

it won't be long until they lose their section 230 protections

newtothegame 01-08-2021 07:24 PM

Just being reported that Trump has joined Parler......
Moments later, Apple threatens to ban parler again....lol

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ech-oligarchs/

Welcome to the world of the left!!! :bang::bang:

PaceAdvantage 01-08-2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2691961)
it won't be long until they lose their section 230 protections

How? The Dems control everything...no way will Dems pay back big tech by stripping them of one of their greatest protections.

I personally would not want section 230 to go away either. If it does, you can kiss this website goodbye.

davew 01-08-2021 07:27 PM

how much of parler is from the apple app store? can't you get on parler without an apple phone?

MargieRose 01-08-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2691966)
how much of parler is from the apple app store? can't you get on parler without an apple phone?

Yes, from your computer: https://parler.com/auth/access

classhandicapper 01-08-2021 08:28 PM

I just deactivated my Twitter account.

I can only take so much totalitarianism.

I'm already on Parler using the same name here @classhandicapper. There are very few horsesplayers there so far. But there are quite a few mainstream news people and others worth following. It's bound to grow.

If there are any horseplayers there, please put your ID in this thread (or maybe we should start a new Parler thread) so we can start connecting.

thaskalos 01-08-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classhandicapper (Post 2691979)
I just deactivated my Twitter account.

I can only take so much totalitarianism.

I'm already on Parler using the same name here @classhandicapper. There are very few horsesplayers there so far. But there are quite a few mainstream news people and others worth following. It's bound to grow.

If there are any horseplayers there, please put your ID in this thread (or maybe we should start a new Parler thread) so we can start connecting.

I hope Andy Asaro doesn't follow suit. It'd be a shame to disappoint all those followers...

Boomer 01-08-2021 08:48 PM

Parler is hosted on AWS. Amazon Web Services. They will likely be turned off by Bezos.

All, this is a nightmare. There very well need to be a Civil War to keep our freedom and right to free speech.

classhandicapper 01-08-2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2691983)
I hope Andy Asaro doesn't follow suit. It'd be a shame to disappoint all those followers...

Twitter has become a cesspool.

You can't follow any topic without politics spilling over.

If you have the "wrong" politics you get attacked or cancelled.

If you have the wrong politics and many followers you get suspended.

But there are convicted murderers, foreign leaders engaging in genocide, left wing politicians and posters advocating violence and jail against right leaning people, and all sorts of deviants all over the platform.

PhantomOnTour 01-08-2021 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classhandicapper (Post 2691995)
Twitter has become a cesspool.

You can't follow any topic without politics spilling over.

If you have the "wrong" politics you get attacked.

If you have the wrong politics and many followers you get suspended.

But there are convicted murderers, foreign leaders engaging in genocide, left wing politicians and posters advocating violence and jail against right leaning people, and all sorts of deviants all over the platform.

Are you saying that all political views are accepted on Parler, without attack?

classhandicapper 01-08-2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour (Post 2691998)
Are you saying that all political views are accepted on Parler, without attack?

I wouldn't know yet.

I Just joined recently. I only follow 40-50 people and made about 2-3 posts. I have 3 followers. :lol:

I'm a Tulsi Gabbard fan and follow her. She's a democrat. I've seen her get a lot of favorable feedback but a few attacks in the comments also. Mostly it seems more civilized so far. Of course, right now it's mostly right leaning. If some more left wing politicians joined it would probably get uglier and if left wing people came it would become Twitter except the suspensions would not be based on the company's politics. There are some rules that would be enforced "consistently".