Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Will Justify get DQ'd? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154324)

GMB@BP 09-11-2019 07:09 PM

Will Justify get DQ'd?

cutchemist42 09-11-2019 07:35 PM

Failed Triple Crown in my eyes now.

dilanesp 09-11-2019 07:44 PM

This is a HUGE story and a HUGE black eye for horse racing.

EDIT: And of course he should have been disqualified. This was a fraud. They disqualified Dancer's Image from the Derby for much less than this.

But of course, they never will. The breeding industry stands to make too much from Justify and never will allow it.

wisconsin 09-11-2019 07:47 PM

:eek:

Say it ain't so...

dilanesp 09-11-2019 07:51 PM

One other point. The entire CHRB should be removed from office over this.

EVEN IF their decision was right, doing it in private violated the Brown Act (California's open meeting laws) and was clearly done to try and avoid embarrassing powerful people in the sport, a totally illegitimate reason. You want to let someone off from a positive drug test, you do it in public with everyone watching.

46zilzal 09-11-2019 08:01 PM

too far after the fact AND racing does NOT need any more scandal right now

arw629 09-11-2019 08:09 PM

Yes. You cheat you get penalized. Every connection in the Santa Anita Derby and triple crown races should seek damages. Total bs and there is no sugar coating it.

BarchCapper 09-11-2019 08:10 PM

Hate the way the headline is written. “Before the Triple Crown” gets too easily interpreted as “before the Belmont Stakes.”

Did Justify fail drug tests after any of the Triple Crown races? Unless the answer is yes, this is no story for me.

Gonna be a quiet night on Twitter for me after muting/blocking Joe Drape, the NYTimes and the word Justify.

alhattab 09-11-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2517116)
This is a HUGE story and a HUGE black eye for horse racing.

EDIT: And of course he should have been disqualified. This was a fraud. They disqualified Dancer's Image from the Derby for much less than this.

But of course, they never will. The breeding industry stands to make too much from Justify and never will allow it.

A little different than Dancers Image. Justify failed the post race test in the SA Derby, which qualified him for the KY Derby. He didn’t fail any post race TC test as far as we know

alhattab 09-11-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arw629 (Post 2517128)
Yes. You cheat you get penalized. Every connection in the Santa Anita Derby and triple crown races should seek damages. Total bs and there is no sugar coating it.

I think that is the real issue. Assuming all true how could the regulators expose themselves in this fashion? Is it really worth it?

GMB@BP 09-11-2019 08:23 PM

Isnt this the same thing that Richard Mandella and Ron McCanally tested positive a few years back, Jenine Sahadi as well I think.

Immortal6 09-11-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarchCapper (Post 2517129)
Hate the way the headline is written. “Before the Triple Crown” gets too easily interpreted as “before the Belmont Stakes.”

Did Justify fail drug tests after any of the Triple Crown races? Unless the answer is yes, this is no story for me.

Gonna be a quiet night on Twitter for me after muting/blocking Joe Drape, the NYTimes and the word Justify.

While he may not have failed test after the triple crown races...he might not have been there in the first place had he not been doped up in the SA Derby. A DQ from that race means he doesn’t run in the Kentucky Derby and thus no triple crown. What a cluster F of a mess. CHRB what a damn disgrace, and Baffert from here on out needs to be spoken about like many on here speak of Servis and Navarro.

Maybe this will be the catalyst for a centralized governing body the sport dearly needs.

GMB@BP 09-11-2019 08:26 PM

When in Rome do as the Romans do. This sport is a cesspool, always been a playground for cheaters, I dont know if this is the time to be sanctimonious about the realities.

I used to bet a lot, I bet little now. There is a reason.

dilanesp 09-11-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarchCapper (Post 2517129)

That's a terrible take.

1. He shouldn't have been running in the Kentucky Derby. He tested positive in his last start and there should have been a suspension.

2. If indeed he did not receive PED's in the TC, it was probably only because he already got caught.

3. We don't know if he did PED's in the TC, actually. We just know that no positive test has been announced. Obviously, sometimes athletes don't test positive despite using. And sometimes positive tests get covered up.

4. His short career, which already looked bad, looks a lot worse now, doesn't it? Get out before you get discovered.

GMB@BP 09-11-2019 08:39 PM

This should be good entertainment :popcorn:

Quote:

Bill Finley
@BillFinley3
Cal. equine medical director Rick Arthur on NY Times' story that Justify should have been DQ'd from SA Derby win due to a drug positive and not have had enough points to run in the Derby..."It's absolute nonsense. "Joe (Drape) thought he had a story and write it the way he wanted