Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Sports (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NFL Do you watch if players kneel for National Anthem? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160075)

Dahoss2002 08-28-2020 12:44 AM

NFL Do you watch if players kneel for National Anthem?

As much as I like football, I won't. I will stick to college ball until they start that nonsense.

GMB@BP 08-28-2020 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss2002 (Post 2646759)
As much as I like football, I won't. I will stick to college ball until they start that nonsense.

they can kneel, its disrespectful to do it during the anthem in my book but honestly i dont give a shit. these athletes think they somehow are important, more important than the rest of us. they are not.

JustRalph 08-28-2020 09:48 AM

I'm done with em.............

NBA too.........self important assholes

GaryG 08-28-2020 10:00 AM

Yo Ralph!

I was through with the NBA a long time ago. Last year I watched NFL games after two years away, but they are dead to me now. I have always loved baseball and am trying to stay with it, however, the racist overload of the last few days causes me to have one foot out the door. The season is over in a month and the Cardinals have about 10 games to make up. Curious how long this shit will last. What exactly to baseball players want from us? The Dodgers gave Betts all the gold in California, but they were going to cancel yesterday if Mookie wanted to. I wish Ernie Banks was still here. "Let's play two!"

Marshall Bennett 08-28-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2646798)
I'm done with em.............

NBA too.........self important assholes

I am as well. Never liked the NBA anyway. NCAA championship only. As for football, it won't ever be the same again. Politics is wrecking everything. Watching any of it without the crowds is boring anyway.

JustRalph 08-28-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryG (Post 2646799)
Yo Ralph!

I was through with the NBA a long time ago. Last year I watched NFL games after two years away, but they are dead to me now. I have always loved baseball and am trying to stay with it, however, the racist overload of the last few days causes me to have one foot out the door. The season is over in a month and the Cardinals have about 10 games to make up. Curious how long this shit will last. What exactly to baseball players want from us? The Dodgers gave Betts all the gold in California, but they were going to cancel yesterday if Mookie wanted to. I wish Ernie Banks was still here. "Let's play two!"

It's a different world............ I hope you are holding up well Gary!

I watched your Santa Anita selections.......... did pretty well!

Vinnie 08-28-2020 01:56 PM

Done with all of it as well. All of the main sports that have chosen to go the route of SJW. You have a talent that you are paid handsomely for to put on display. If you are going to willfully and intentionally hold out and not perform your job, then of course it would seem to in kind go hand in hand that one shouldn't reasonably expect any sort of compensation. If you don't go to work and perform the essentials of your job, what happens? Generally, you get laid off or ultimately fired from your job. All of the rest is senseless window dressing that stems from a narrative that is a complete and utter fairytale.

I hope to the good Lord above we never see any of this nonsense seep into the Sport of Kings.

Robert Fischer 08-28-2020 02:06 PM

No, I don't watch if players kneel for the National Anthem.

I'm usually multi-tasking. I have deep respect for the flag, and the anthem, and those who have served our country. However, as an honest answer I am usually working, or serving guests during the anthem. I do not tune in until the first snap, if I'm lucky.

If I'm physically 'at the game' (Never been to NFL, been to many MLB), - I stand in respect.

Robert Fischer 08-28-2020 02:16 PM

Same with the NBA or any of the political stuff w/ sports...

I'm a different animal. For better, and worse. I don't see things like the TV says. And when I can afford a cell phone again, -the same will be said for social media.

the superficial stuff that is supposed to 'trigger' or generate some kind of polarizing emotional reaction is overshadowed to me by the significant models that drive the markets and networks.

doesn't interest me.

the only part that is interesting is the stuff that I've done a lot of studying on regarding 'cognitive bias mitigation' (and 'emotional self-regulation' to a lesser extent). Mitigation is how you can remain 'rational', in spite of things like a horse race betting market triggering you.

This stuff in sports-politics, and the radicalization politics in social media, is not 'mitigation', it is actually the other side of the coin; exploitation of cognitive bias to polarize and profit from masses of regular people...

Even sports itself is not as wonderful as it once was for me. I could earn a living by coaching basketball or baseball. I've spent a long time obsessing over that stuff as a child and teen, but as an adult, - unless I dive into some of kind of coaching thing, -it's an entertainment thing. I wouldn't even bet on it, other than convenient opportunities w/ small stakes.

GMB@BP 08-28-2020 02:54 PM

Like I said in the link the NBA is bleeding viewers, I see no way the current political cliamate helps them.

If they want to make a stand so be it, I dont really how not playing a basketball game, followed by a bunch of lip service, changes how police interact with people.

xtb 08-28-2020 03:05 PM

I won’t watch any sport where that crap is going on.

oughtoh 08-28-2020 03:13 PM

No I don't watch. No NBA MLB or NFL anymore. As big of a hockey fan that I am, when the six players did it in the Stars Knights game, I was done with hockey too. Will watch college football until they do it and I will be done with them too.

MutuelClerk 08-28-2020 03:34 PM

I watch. It amazes me the guy that brought this argument to light is/was a draft dodger. And no I don't hate the President. He does worry me though.

ronsmac 08-29-2020 11:52 AM

No.

headhawg 08-29-2020 02:06 PM

I have not been as interested in sports over the last few years as I have been in the past. Football is still my favorite, but I really only watch Bears games and occasionally a good matchup on Sunday nights. With COVID changing the landscape, my interest in sports has been reduced even further. And all this "protest" stuff has gotten to be too much for me. If players want to make a point, sit out the season WITH NO PAY! Otherwise, it's just more PR talk...the fake righteous stance...blah blah blah. :sleeping:

So to answer the question, I will watch the Bears until they suck -- again -- and then I won't bother watching football. I will play Madden or Front Office Football if I need a football fix. I don't watch the NBA because the Bulls are bad, and today's game doesn't look like the kind of basketball I want to see. I used to love college b-ball, but a shot clock? Really??? It's just a feeder program into the NBA anyway, and I don't watch that crap anymore so...

Tom 08-29-2020 04:01 PM

NFL can swing dead chickens over their heads and do can can dancing - I have NO interest in NFL anything.

College only.
And Olympic curling. :headbanger:

No MLB, no hockey, never had any use for basketball, no NFL -
sca -rewwww 'em all.

I don't give a crap what my mailman think, my car mechanic, my freaking barber - why do I give what some idiot football player thinks?

Redboard 08-29-2020 06:30 PM

NFL planning extensive social injustice content for Week 1 of season

Great news!

The NFL is planning extensive content around social injustice for Week 1 of the regular season! Oh happy days! Among options discussed by the league and players union: Players reading personalized poems and delivering first-person vignettes based on experience with social injustice. These stories could be incorporated into game-day broadcasts.

Wow. I can't wait.

NFL planning extensive social injustice content for Week 1 of season

:jump:

Track Collector 08-30-2020 09:40 PM

I will likely watch my favorite team, but with the sound turned off.

IMO the NFL will always remain popular as long as a significant number of folks tune into the games because they have some type of wager or financial interest in the outcome.

stuball 09-01-2020 04:56 PM

no

No but I am kneeling and praying that they don't do it and force me to turn it off.. maybe I will turn it on halflway thru the 1st quarter NA NA NA NA

Tom 09-02-2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redboard (Post 2647296)
Great news!

The NFL is planning extensive content around social injustice for Week 1 of the regular season! Oh happy days! Among options discussed by the league and players union: Players reading personalized poems and delivering first-person vignettes based on experience with social injustice. These stories could be incorporated into game-day broadcasts.

Wow. I can't wait.

:jump:

Players reading poems.....

We have a ball that is not round,
We paint white lines upon the ground.
I think I have the gist of it,
This GD game is full of S***

Break a leg, boys.
Seriously, break a F**** leg. :puke:

thaskalos 09-03-2020 12:13 AM

When the NFL commissioner comes out and declares that the league erred in its handling of the Colin Kaepernick charade...what else were we to expect as a follow-up? My feeling is that this will be more disastrous, from a viewing standpoint, than even the biggest pessimist could predict. IMO...the players will overdue it with the "politics"...and the viewers will end up disgusted beyond belief. It doesn't look good when a bunch of young, spoiled multi-millionaires feign anger and lash out against "inequality". :rolleyes:

Secondbest 09-03-2020 09:04 AM

NBA ratings are down 45%. The 2 things football that no one else does is a huge fantasy following and Gambling. That the other sports don't. Personally I'll watch the Giants turn on the game at 1;05 and that's it. No 4 o`or o'clock or Sunday or Monday. I just the Giants.. if they do a any in game stuff I'm out

stuball 09-04-2020 04:51 PM

team game

these are all team games and as much as they say we are all together it is impossible to have the team together on field when this shit is going on.. you can't tell me there are some players on either side of the fence.. and that shows... Team is a thing of the past if this crap continues...

Tom 09-04-2020 07:25 PM

Calling a football "club" a team is ridiculous.
There is not team in football.

There is Big-ass star who gets a zillion bucks and there are no uniforms anymore. No two players dress alike. Looks like pick 'em
games.

Football is non-essential.

With all the racing coverage during the pandemic, I hope no pro sports ever come back. :headbanger:

horses4courses 09-04-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2649177)
Calling a football "club" a team is ridiculous.
There is not team in football.

There is Big-ass star who gets a zillion bucks and there are no uniforms anymore. No two players dress alike. Looks like pick 'em
games.

Football is non-essential.

With all the racing coverage during the pandemic, I hope no pro sports ever come back. :headbanger:

Where ya been, chimp?

Hadn't seen you posting for a while.
Thought you might have caught some of that fake Wuhan bug.

PaceAdvantage 09-05-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses (Post 2649218)
Thought you might have caught some of that fake Wuhan bug.

And you call yourself a man of science.

talcen 09-06-2020 12:47 AM

Betting and checking scores much later

NOT watching

headhawg 09-06-2020 11:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)

JimG 09-07-2020 05:07 PM

Since they started putting dresses on qb's (you can't hit 'em), NBA can take 2-3 steps with ball in hand for no traveling and people pass up lay-ups for 3 pt. shots, and in baseball it is okay to strike out 175 times and bat .220 as long as you hit 20+ homers.

At times I feel like I woke up after 20 years and am trying to figure out what the hell happened to professional sports. Damn, I am sounding like an old man.

Jim

PS: I try not to mix sports with politics and social (in)justice. Wish the athletes did not as well.

Marshall Bennett 09-07-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimG (Post 2650318)
Since they started putting dresses on qb's (you can't hit 'em), NBA can take 2-3 steps with ball in hand for no traveling and people pass up lay-ups for 3 pt. shots, and in baseball it is okay to strike out 175 times and bat .220 as long as you hit 20+ homers.

Chris Davis immediately comes to mind. What a joke.
Don't even think he's hit 20 home runs since he signed his mega-million dollar contract. :ThmbDown:

headhawg 09-09-2020 11:08 AM

Madden 21 nonsense

They won't fix an inadequate franchise mode but EA decides to make a statement by adding Kap and his signature "celebration" move to the game this year. I can't even play virtual football without this crap worming its way in. No thanks EA.

Kap in Madden 21

RunForTheRoses 09-09-2020 04:38 PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...34002/?amp;amp

Stay home, rowdy friends. "Monday Night Football" isn't looking for a party this year.

ESPN called a musical audible this week for its primetime NFL program, swapping Hank Williams Jr.'s familiar "All My Rowdy Friends" introduction with "Rip It Up," a 1956 song from rock 'n' roll architect Little Richard.

Williams Jr.'s "rowdy" tune — proclaiming a "Monday night party" before each week's broadcast — may sound out-of-place during a season where games planned to be played in empty stadiums, an unnamed network representative told the Washington Post.

Williams Jr.'s management team confirmed the decision Wednesday to The Tennessean.

stuball 09-10-2020 03:14 PM

watching

I intend to tune in tonite about a couple of minutes into the game to miss any of the stupidity before the game... I am patriotic and I will have alexa play the national anthum for me and I will stand also have her play Amazing Grace for my recently deceased wife (Imiss her so much) then I will tune in the game and if they do any more I will leave...

Stuball

Tom 09-10-2020 06:16 PM

Players will wear armbnds or patches tonigt, for BLM.
A few years ago, NFL REFUSED to allow Cowboys to wear memorial patches when the police were ambushed in that big attak and many were killed.

NFL is RACIST.
I don't watch RACIST TV.

Bin Laden's Hard Drive and a show about a shark attack - no need to WASTE an evening on a POS football game that is already an hours an a half too long.

F* Football.
And everyone who plays it.

rastajenk 09-11-2020 10:20 AM

Last night I watched a few plays a few different times in the first half while channel-surfing. Couldn't get interested at all. :ThmbDown: The Safeway Open on the Golf Channel had more to offer.

The post-Dalton Cincinnati Burrows play Sunday. Maybe I'll have a heightened level of interest, but I'm not really feeling it yet.

Secondbest 09-11-2020 11:07 AM

Didn’t watch a second. Didn’t miss it. Don’t care. Saw the score by accident. Guys making a million bucks a year telling me how oppressed he his. No Giants either. Done with sports.
Best thing about horses is they can’t talk

Redboard 09-11-2020 11:33 AM

I had no desire to watch last night. If the players are going to represent America by a handful of bad midwest cops, then I'm out.
Since I moved to FL , I dont get my Eagles on free TV, and I absolutely refuse to pay for Direct TV. We will get Tampa games with Tom Brady every Sunday and my wife is interested to see how they play, so I might watch with her. I'm not really interested in seeing an old quarterback throwing to an old tight end, so if they start off 1-4 , I'm sure my wife will lose interest.

JerryBoyle 09-11-2020 12:16 PM

We get it. You guys don't like black people. I don't think the players are gonna lose sleep over some good ole boys tuning out...

jay68802 09-11-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses (Post 2650870)
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...34002/?amp;amp

Stay home, rowdy friends. "Monday Night Football" isn't looking for a party this year.

ESPN called a musical audible this week for its primetime NFL program, swapping Hank Williams Jr.'s familiar "All My Rowdy Friends" introduction with "Rip It Up," a 1956 song from rock 'n' roll architect Little Richard.

Williams Jr.'s "rowdy" tune — proclaiming a "Monday night party" before each week's broadcast — may sound out-of-place during a season where games planned to be played in empty stadiums, an unnamed network representative told the Washington Post.

Williams Jr.'s management team confirmed the decision Wednesday to The Tennessean.

Yep, sure that's the reason. Had nothing to do with race....:rolleyes:

lamboguy 09-11-2020 12:39 PM

i wouldn't watch the NFL even if i knew ahead of time that the whole cheerleading squad was going to have a wardrobe malfunction.