Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Sports (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Football? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161837)

JustRalph 11-28-2020 08:51 PM

Football?

I think it’s been a huge mistake for College and Pro Teams to have tried to play a season this year.

Every week it gets worse.

Tomorrow the Denver Broncos will play with a wide receiver playing QB.....

Ohio State cancelled their game today. The upcoming Steelers game w Baltimore is a nightmare scenario.

TJDave 11-28-2020 09:13 PM

Psssst....Don’t watch.

thaskalos 11-28-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2679006)
Psssst....Don’t watch.

I don't want to watch...but I gotta. I've bet my mortgage payment on Arizona -1.5 against the Patriots.

Marshall Bennett 11-29-2020 06:22 AM

I felt like the MLB playing a 60 game mini-season was even more ridiculous, not to mention rules changes they tacked on.
Fans will always reflect back saying "Oh, but that was the covid-19 season, it really wasn't a good measure of good football".

lamboguy 11-29-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2679017)
I don't want to watch...but I gotta. I've bet my mortgage payment on Arizona -1.5 against the Patriots.

you got a great number and probably the right side.

davew 11-29-2020 08:21 AM

This may be the 'new normal' and if they did not try this season it will be harder to start in the future. It could be 2, 3, 4 years until the world is back to where it was last year.

The sport 'business' is losing equity every week they miss.

46zilzal 11-29-2020 09:03 AM

That Denver game is going to be UGLY

ultracapper 11-29-2020 11:14 AM

Why are they moving the Pitt/Balt game from one time slot to another, but they aren't doing anything about the Denv game? I don't understand why that Pitt/Balt game has been moved at all. Baltimore can still field a team, right? If Denv can have PracSq WRs and 3rd string RBs play QB, then Balt can have LB play TE or RBs play safety, or whatever they need to do.

Valuist 11-29-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultracapper (Post 2679171)
Why are they moving the Pitt/Balt game from one time slot to another, but they aren't doing anything about the Denv game? I don't understand why that Pitt/Balt game has been moved at all. Baltimore can still field a team, right? If Denv can have PracSq WRs and 3rd string RBs play QB, then Balt can have LB play TE or RBs play safety, or whatever they need to do.

If that Denver game is played, the owners need to have Goddell fired by tomorrow. It's a complete embarrassment and he's knows its going to be a freak show, so maybe a few more people watch. But it's just another black mark against Goddell and won't be forgotten soon. Allowing numerous other games to postpone with only 2 positive tests, then forcing a team to play when it is completely wiped out at the single most important position. Maybe Goddell wants to get the league on TLC.....programming right between Dr. Pimple Popper and My 1600 Pound Life.