Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Sports (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Patriots vs Eagles (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142909)

thaskalos 01-21-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko699 (Post 2264572)
Apples and Oranges. POTUS keeps winning and Dick Vermiel ain't around anymore.

No team could have beaten the Eagles today...and a repeat performance two weeks from now is a distinct possibility. Foles started off slowly after Wentz's injury...but he has improved steadily as he has gotten more work. Today, he was near-perfect...against the league's most stifling defense.

I'll take the Eagles against the Pats all day...especially with the spread at 5.5 points.

pandy 01-21-2018 10:50 PM

Bookmaker has the line Patriots -5. Seems like a lot of points, the Eagles are probably more talented, but the Patriots have often beat teams that are faster and more athletic than them. But still, the Eagles just destroyed a very good team, and the Falcons are also very talented. I bet the Eagles already but my NFL picks have been lousy this year.

jocko699 01-21-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2264579)
No team could have beaten the Eagles today...and a repeat performance two weeks from now is a distinct possibility. Foles started off slowly after Wentz's injury...but he has improved steadily as he has gotten more work. Today, he was near-perfect...against the league's most stifling defense.

I'll take the Eagles against the Pats all day...especially with the spread at 5.5 points.

Well than good luck!!

pandy 01-21-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko699 (Post 2264563)
I just can't believe you will ever hear "The Super Bowl Winning QB, Nick Foles."

Jeff Hosteleter, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams....

thaskalos 01-21-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko699 (Post 2264582)
Well than good luck!!

I appreciate the good wishes. :ThmbUp:

thaskalos 01-21-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandy (Post 2264583)
Jeff Hosteleter, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams....

And the worst of all...the Peyton Manning of Super Bowl 50.

elysiantraveller 01-21-2018 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2264579)

I agree completely.

Like I said before I see this as just a better jags team. I wouldn't bet the straight if for no other reason but Brady/Bill but you give me more than three points?

Eagle's all day.

Zaf 01-21-2018 11:44 PM

Eagles ! Disgruntled Jets fan :lol:

Z

cj 01-21-2018 11:51 PM

Gotta root for my boy Jim Schwartz! I think the Giants are hiring the wrong defensive coordinator to be their next coach.

reckless 01-22-2018 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2264603)
Gotta root for my boy Jim Schwartz! I think the Giants are hiring the wrong defensive coordinator to be their next coach.

Correct!! Don't understand why Schwartz wasn't hired by any team, much less the Giants.

upthecreek 01-22-2018 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2264603)

They're going the OC route, hiring Shurmur

reckless 01-22-2018 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthecreek (Post 2264631)
They're going the OC route, hiring Shurmur

I know Pat Schumur is respected highly and at the margin is a 'good' hire but, the real problems with the Giants are ... (1) a bad clubhouse. A complete attitude adjustment is needed; (2) they need an offensive line that can block; (3) a running back or two with ability will help big time; (4) a young back-up for Eli Manning is required. Eli is not finished but a rookie QB from UCLA is better than what they have now.

zico20 01-22-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2264532)
Anything over 4...and I am taking out a second mortgage on my home.

I hope you have a lot of equity built up, the Eagles plus 5.5 is a steal. Borrow as much as you can from your friends and neighbors. Damn, rob a bank if you can get away with it. All in!

upthecreek 01-22-2018 10:55 AM

Ocala Mike 01-22-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko699 (Post 2264563)
I just can't believe you will ever hear "The Super Bowl Winning QB, Nick Foles."

Didn't that also apply to Flacco?

Anyway, I'm feeling the Eagles in an upset.