Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Breeders Cup Recap (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161513)

thetripleclowns 11-11-2020 05:39 PM

Breeders Cup Recap

We had Laffit Pincay and Joe Mishak, from MyRacehorse, on our show to recap the Breeders Cup. Find out what they had to say about the Breeders Cup and what it was like without fans.

Did anyone hit the late pick 5 Saturday?

cj 11-12-2020 12:59 PM

Without fans? The shots I saw made it look like we might have record attendance. :lol:

the little guy 11-12-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2673107)
Without fans? The shots I saw made it look like we might have record attendance. :lol:

It wasn't a great look.

Elkchester Road 11-12-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2673107)

Exactly, cj. Paddock, Walking Ring, and the Rail looked pretty crowded for an event that was supposed to be "without fans".

BarchCapper 11-12-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elkchester Road (Post 2673132)
Exactly, cj. Paddock, Walking Ring, and the Rail looked pretty crowded for an event that was supposed to be "without fans".

Breeders Cup horses - 6 tickets for owners, 4 for Breeders. 114 horses passed the entry box for Saturday. That's over 1,000 people right there. (I don't think owners/breeders of multiple entrants turned any "extra" tickets back - right Sol Kumin?) It doesn't take too many people to look crowded outside in the key areas of the track. The shots of the stands still looked fairly barren.

I doubt that they took tickets away from those who scratched or AE's that didn't ultimately get in - but I don't know what the official policy was. There were also the owners of horses in those first three fairly full fields to add in - don't know how many tickets they each received.

Elkchester Road 11-13-2020 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarchCapper (Post 2673178)
Breeders Cup horses - 6 tickets for owners, 4 for Breeders. 114 horses passed the entry box for Saturday. That's over 1,000 people right there. (I don't think owners/breeders of multiple entrants turned any "extra" tickets back - right Sol Kumin?) It doesn't take too many people to look crowded outside in the key areas of the track. The shots of the stands still looked fairly barren.

I doubt that they took tickets away from those who scratched or AE's that didn't ultimately get in - but I don't know what the official policy was. There were also the owners of horses in those first three fairly full fields to add in - don't know how many tickets they each received.

Point made. I'll take the way over on over 1,000.

rastajenk 11-13-2020 07:18 AM

I thought it was an excellent look, sporting people behaving naturally. Refreshing. :ThmbUp:

LemonSoupKid 11-14-2020 09:58 AM

I hit the late pick 4 which means I was oh so close to the pick 5 and pick 6.

I'm wondering what you all think about attendance at Del Mar in 2021. Will there be people attending? Have they announced anything or predicted? It is California, which is one problem ...

cj 11-14-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid (Post 2673730)
I hit the late pick 4 which means I was oh so close to the pick 5 and pick 6.

I'm wondering what you all think about attendance at Del Mar in 2021. Will there be people attending? Have they announced anything or predicted? It is California, which is one problem ...

I would say way too far out to fathom a guess. Lakers have already announced no fans when season starts, but even that could change since it is over a month away.