Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Urban Coyotes (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151035)

Augenj 03-16-2019 12:22 PM

Urban Coyotes

This article is long but the best I've seen when it comes to coyotes. Next time you see one walking down your street, you'll know what's up. :)

https://urbancoyoteinitiative.com/10...urban-coyotes/

JustRalph 03-16-2019 01:29 PM

Any cop who’s worked 3rd shift has seen these guys.

Thanks for posting :ThmbUp:

chadk66 03-16-2019 01:50 PM

Shoot em all the time

Augenj 03-16-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2441789)
Any cop who’s worked 3rd shift has seen these guys.

Thanks for posting :ThmbUp:

You're welcome. :ThmbUp:

Augenj 03-16-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadk66 (Post 2441794)
Shoot em all the time

Just like the article says, shoot one and another will take his place. They even breed based on population density. They control the rodent population so I leave them alone. Pretty smart animals but they can't outrun bullets. :)

chrisl 03-16-2019 03:04 PM

Great Post!

elysiantraveller 03-16-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Shoot em all the time

×1000 :ThmbUp:

Augenj 03-16-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisl (Post 2441822)
Great Post!

Thanks.

TJDave 03-16-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Shoot em all the time

In my world, they get a pass. Coyotes keep the rabbit population down and I enjoy the occasional fru fru dog attack causing panic among seriously affected dog lovers.:)

barahona44 03-16-2019 04:04 PM

Paging Garfield

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2441857)
In my world, they get a pass. Coyotes keep the rabbit population down and I enjoy the occasional fru fru dog attack causing panic among seriously affected dog lovers.:)

I smell a cat lover. :p

chadk66 03-16-2019 08:28 PM

we don't have rodents and not many rabbits around here due to the yotes. Ranchers beg people to come shoot yotes. we have yote hunting contests all the time here. One pair of guys won one tourney last year with 53 yotes in one day lol

Augenj 03-16-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadk66 (Post 2442034)
we don't have rodents and not many rabbits around here due to the yotes. Ranchers beg people to come shoot yotes. we have yote hunting contests all the time here. One pair of guys won one tourney last year with 53 yotes in one day lol

I used to rescue greyhounds. One time I was asked by a rancher's daughter in southwestern Kansas to pick up a couple of her dad's coyote chasing greyhounds because in his words, "All they do is just eat". I hauled them off to a Phoenix greyhound adoption group. Whether true or not, it was explained to me that the rancher drives along in a pickup truck with a "drop box" in the back. When he spots a coyote, he drops the trap door on the box and the greyhounds hit the ground tumbling, get up and chase down the coyote. His daughter says that they are sometimes doing 35 mph when they get dropped. Then he sends in a "kill dog" to dispatch the coyote when they corner him. Pretty brutal.

TJDave 03-16-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barahona44 (Post 2441863)
I smell a cat lover. :p

No. I’ve learned not to waste my affection on the cat. She doesn’t appreciate it.

MargieRose 03-16-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadk66 (Post 2442034)

So, I guess the ranchers would prefer to have the rodents around there? I get the impression that these same ranchers probably get off on dog fights, too! :puke:

MargieRose 03-16-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Augenj (Post 2442040)
I used to rescue greyhounds. One time I was asked by a rancher's daughter in southwestern Kansas to pick up a couple of her dad's coyote chasing greyhounds because in his words, "All they do is just eat". I hauled them off to a Phoenix greyhound adoption group. Whether true or not, it was explained to me that the rancher drives along in a pickup truck with a "drop box" in the back. When he spots a coyote, he drops the trap door on the box and the greyhounds hit the ground tumbling, get up and chase down the coyote. His daughter says that they are sometimes doing 35 mph when they get dropped. Then he sends in a "kill dog" to dispatch the coyote when they corner him. Pretty brutal.

Did anyone report the 'rancher' for animal cruelty? Disgusting stuff!! Send him the article that you posted.