Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rider collusion with non coupled same trainer horses (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84174)

Stillriledup 06-11-2011 05:23 PM

Rider collusion with non coupled same trainer horses

Do you guys believe that riders shouldnt be helping out other riders on the trainer's 'other' horse if they are not coupled in the betting or do you think that this is part of handicapping and you're supposed to know that riders on different betting interests will be helping each other out even at the expense of their own runner's chances?

sonnyp 06-11-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Do you guys believe that riders shouldnt be helping out other riders on the trainer's 'other' horse if they are not coupled in the betting or do you think that this is part of handicapping and you're supposed to know that riders on different betting interests will be helping each other out even at the expense of their own runner's chances?

just curious...why would you stay interested in a game that you perceive to be so crooked and full of skulduggery ?

if fixing races and screwing the bettors was that easy and that profitable why wouldn't everybody on the backstretch have bulging pockets ?

they all work in a very,very dangerous endeavor and most can barely pay their living expenses. it just doesn't add up.

Stillriledup 06-11-2011 06:35 PM

Because i feel that the crookedness, for the most part, is predictable. Also, when a jockey stiffs a horse and strangles him in the back of the pack, i catch him on video 'hiding' and exploit that next time. I've made nice scores on stiffed horses coming back.

castaway01 06-11-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Because i feel that the crookedness, for the most part, is predictable. Also, when a jockey stiffs a horse and strangles him in the back of the pack, i catch him on video 'hiding' and exploit that next time. I've made nice scores on stiffed horses coming back.

I find it very hard to believe you've ever made a nice score on anything, unless it's "most posts in a day".

I have no problem with riders on separate halves of an entry for the same trainer. Who said they'd be "helping each other". Tell me all the times you've heard of that happening. If you're talking about the longer shot winning, then fine, yes. Bet the one you like. Simple as that.

Milkshaker 06-11-2011 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=sonnyp]just curious...why would you stay interested in a game that you perceive to be so crooked and full of skulduggery ?

Isn't that part of the allure?

Saratoga_Mike 06-11-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

SRU, this isn't personal, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

exiles 06-11-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
SRU, this isn't personal, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

That's right SRU nobody stiffs horses, in horse racing there are no crooks and nobody is trying to get one over the public . IMO If anybody were really policing the sport there would not be enough prisons to hold the crooks.

Stillriledup 06-12-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castaway01
I find it very hard to believe you've ever made a nice score on anything, unless it's "most posts in a day".

I have no problem with riders on separate halves of an entry for the same trainer. Who said they'd be "helping each other". Tell me all the times you've heard of that happening. If you're talking about the longer shot winning, then fine, yes. Bet the one you like. Simple as that.

Why the personal shot? Why not just stick to the topic?

duncan04 06-12-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Why the personal shot? Why not just stick to the topic?

If the topics were sensible then it would be easier to!

Stillriledup 06-12-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan04
If the topics were sensible then it would be easier to!

What's unsensible about a discussion that has to do with uncoupled entries? I don't get why its unsensible, was there something in my original post that led you to believe that this isn't something that horseplayers routinely discuss?

turninforhome10 06-12-2011 04:03 AM

:There is enough natural inconsistency in horse racing without having it forced upon the public by unscrupulous men, yet there is not one-tenth of one per cent, as much crookedness on the turf as it is given credit for".
Pittsburgh Phil

Fastracehorse 06-12-2011 04:08 AM

Shiite.....

Quote:

What's unsensible about a discussion that has to do with uncoupled entries? I don't get why its unsensible, was there something in my original post that led you to believe that this isn't something that horseplayers routinely discuss?

....you are right; this happens all the flippin' time; it's just when U post something everybody goes: "what now?"

LOL

fffastt

thaskalos 06-12-2011 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turninforhome10
:There is enough natural inconsistency in horse racing without having it forced upon the public by unscrupulous men, yet there is not one-tenth of one per cent, as much crookedness on the turf as it is given credit for".
Pittsburgh Phil

This coming from a man who admitted - in the book "The Racing Maxims Of Pittsburgh Phil" - that he got so disgruntled with jockeys not "trying" to win...he actually went as far as paying certain jockeys out of his own pocket, in order to make sure that they would do their best on the horses they rode.

Of course, he made that money back by enthusiastically backing those jockeys at the windows...

Stillriledup 06-12-2011 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastracehorse
....you are right; this happens all the flippin' time; it's just when U post something everybody goes: "i'm about to learn something i didnt know!"

LOL

fffastt

FTFY!

:D

Saratoga_Mike 06-12-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exiles
That's right SRU nobody stiffs horses, in horse racing there are no crooks and nobody is trying to get one over the public . IMO If anybody were really policing the sport there would not be enough prisons to hold the crooks.

So I assume you don't ever bet? Do you even follow the sport anymore? If so, why bother as you seem to think jocks are stiffing horses left and right (inference) and most top trainers are cheats (past posts)? I guess you must just post on this board, which is fine. With your beliefs, to do anything else would make you look foolish.