Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   collmus terrible weekend (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144746)

sour grapes 05-07-2018 09:03 AM

collmus terrible weekend

he blew both the fiily distaff and derby calls,listened to travis and i thought much better fluid calls without hearing larrys screaming.!st he called abel tasman closing like a freight train as she flattened out in the stretch and then calls audible 2nd in the derby.Maybe he should go to some minor league track to hone his skills and stop trying to be the center of attention in these big races.

Spalding No! 05-07-2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sour grapes (Post 2313449)
he blew both the fiily distaff and derby calls,listened to travis and i thought much better fluid calls without hearing larrys screaming.!st he called abel tasman closing like a freight train as she flattened out in the stretch and then calls audible 2nd in the derby.Maybe he should go to some minor league track to hone his skills and stop trying to be the center of attention in these big races.

The 2016 BC Distaff--featuring one of the most epic stretch duels in history--is practically unwatchable as a result of his call.

GMB@BP 05-07-2018 10:57 AM

I have nothing against his calls in general but they do get over the top in these big races, rather then just flow, its hard to explain.

I liked Travis call at the end, but I do think Larry called out the move around the turn better.

HalvOnHorseracing 05-07-2018 06:58 PM

The only announcers that could even hope to get the NBC gig are from the A tracks. Maybe Wrona could wind up with the next contract - his voice is so lilting I don't care if he makes mistakes. How about this call:

thaskalos 05-07-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing (Post 2313728)
The only announcers that could even hope to get the NBC gig are from the A tracks. Maybe Wrona could wind up with the next contract - his voice is so lilting I don't care if he makes mistakes. How about this call:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyZ0RtCZABA

:ThmbUp:

Complete agreement. Michael Wrona easily the most entertaining...and thumb's up to Travis for a great Derby call. Histrionics are totally unnecessary when the race-caller knows his business.

thaskalos 05-07-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sour grapes (Post 2313449)

Collmus is laughable down the stretch.

hopbet 05-07-2018 07:38 PM

Collmus terrible weekend

"It frustrates me to be wrong when I know I'm right." (LOL)
I vote for John G. Dooley

HalvOnHorseracing 05-07-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2313740)
:ThmbUp:

Complete agreement. Michael Wrona easily the most entertaining...and thumb's up to Travis for a great Derby call. Histrionics are totally unnecessary when the race-caller knows his business.

I loved the view where all you could see was him instead of the horses until the last few jumps.

That was pretty cool.

thaskalos 05-07-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing (Post 2313841)
I loved the view where all you could see was him instead of the horses until the last few jumps.

That was pretty cool.

Makes you realize that the job is a little more difficult than we may think. :)

I liked that track program attached to his chest.

PaceAdvantage 05-08-2018 12:25 AM

Travis is as solid as they come. Kid has a future in racing...:lol::lol::lol:

kingfin66 05-08-2018 01:04 AM

That was pretty cool to watch. Thanks for posting. It was nice to see how happy he was at the conclusion of the race.

BTW, I could not sit in that booth. Way too high and way to much glass. Kind of reminds me of the elevator at the Space Needle.

sour grapes 05-08-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2313874)
Travis is as solid as they come. Kid has a future in racing...:lol::lol::lol:

no hype just a real good call.

Tom 05-08-2018 09:33 AM

Dittos on Travis - very god caller! :ThmbUp:

titans1127 05-08-2018 10:39 AM

I still don't know why Travis didn't get the NYRA gig over Larry, he's so much better overall.

PaceAdvantage 05-08-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sour grapes (Post 2313923)
no hype just a real good call.

Plus he's posted here from time to time...we knew him before he went big time...

TravisVOX is his name on PA.

I hope he saw that we actually praise announcers around here too! :ThmbUp: