Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Storm Cat Sire Line (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143425)

PowerUpPaynter 02-21-2018 08:58 AM

Storm Cat Sire Line

Anyone have any Derby stats on the Storm cat sire line? Has a horse from that line ever won the derby? I cant think of one... Seems a few decent horses are from his line this year.

Afleet 02-21-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter (Post 2280085)
Anyone have any Derby stats on the Storm cat sire line? Has a horse from that line ever won the derby? I cant think of one... Seems a few decent horses are from his line this year.

Haskins Derby dozen column in the Bloodhorse will point out these stats. I had all this saved on my previous computer, but don't have access to it now

DGroundhog 02-24-2018 11:31 PM

0 for 49 prior to last year. Menifee came pretty close.

https://ddink55.wordpress.com/2016/0...y-continued-4/

f2tornado 02-28-2018 09:12 PM

Coincidentally, Brisnet posted an article on the topic today... 0/51 is an eye-catching number not only in its volume (it represents 11.5% of all Kentucky Derby starters since Tabasco Cat finished 6th at 6.1-to-1 in the 1994 Derby)

HalvOnHorseracing 03-02-2018 06:48 PM

Always Dreaming had Storm Cat in his pedigree three generations back. Doesn't that break the streak?

PowerUpPaynter 03-02-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing (Post 2285073)
Always Dreaming had Storm Cat in his pedigree three generations back. Doesn't that break the streak?

Think its straight top sire line

CincyHorseplayer 03-02-2018 10:27 PM

The futility of most of the Northern Dancer line is pretty impressive.

PowerUpPaynter 03-04-2018 06:11 PM

Anyone know the record of the Raise A Native sire line?

CincyHorseplayer 03-04-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter (Post 2286252)
Anyone know the record of the Raise A Native sire line?

I'm not near my Derby folder but it surpasses all other lines put together. I believe it's 58% in the last 25 years. I'll get back to you.

f2tornado 03-04-2018 10:28 PM

Raise A Native have made up about 25% of Derby starters and have won more than 50% of Derby races one was entered. That means they’re winning at twice the expected rate. And, when you combine RAN with Stanley’s magic number of 37.6 or faster final 3/8th in a big 9F prep they win at four times the expected rate. Bold Ruler was the next best one in recent decades if my memory is correct. I wish Roman’s site was still up. It was a treasure trove for this kind of info.

CincyHorseplayer 03-04-2018 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2tornado (Post 2286351)
Raise A Native have made up about 25% of Derby starters and have won more than 50% of Derby races one was entered. That means they’re winning at twice the expected rate. And, when you combine RAN with Stanley’s magic number of 37.6 or faster final 3/8th in a big 9F prep they win at four times the expected rate. Bold Ruler was the next best one in recent decades if my memory is correct. I wish Roman’s site was still up. It was a treasure trove for this kind of info.

I did all this work but don't have it with me. I did the male-female of all Derby winners back to 1875 just to see when and where it abruptly changed. But you are right the Nasrullah/Bold Ruler/AP Indy line is making somewhat of a comeback. Of the 3 sons of Nearco, Nasrullah outshines both Royal Charger(mainly through More Than Ready and Arch) and Nearctic(sire of Northern Dancer).

This year.

Raise a Native/Mr Prospector

Firenze Fire, Good Magic, Avery Island, Mckinzie, Solomini, Mourinho, Lombo.

Nearctic/Northern Dancer

Bolt Doro, Free Drop Billy, Flameaway, Enticed, Audible, Promises Fulfilled.

Royal Charger

Catholic Boy, Instilled Regard.