Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Stock Market Prediction (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133768)

Big Russ 06-08-2020 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape Reader (Post 2615836)
I apologize. I was all wrong.

No apologies needed. I'm very happy that others are willing to share opinions about the market. Thanks.

lamboguy 06-09-2020 10:59 AM

they are outlawing red paint for these markets.

Hertz went bankrupt when they were under $1.00 per share, now $5.00

nobody wants to get on an airplane, those stocks are way up along with cruise lines and hotels. everything is up. what a beautiful world this is.

lamboguy 06-09-2020 03:38 PM

Robin Track

https://robintrack.net/

they love buying bankrupt company's.

todays play looks like PLM

lamboguy 06-09-2020 03:51 PM

NKLA another hot stock for the day, they got on the exchange with a reverse stock merger.

everything sounds great about this company with electric trucks that can go 500 miles.

i don't trust it though. but the stock sure as f--- is moving

Suff 06-09-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2616051)
they are outlawing red paint for these markets.

Hertz went bankrupt when they were under $1.00 per share, now $5.00

Also inexplicably, used car prices have risen, and Hertz's fleet is the asset that backs the debt, and its appearing that Hertz can absorb the bankruptcy due to this.

Creditors can be paid back by refinancing the fleet value. Supposedly.

lamboguy 06-09-2020 03:58 PM

these guys pushed up F, GE, and a bunch of other dogs that i would love to short..

Suff 06-09-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2616178)
these guys pushed up F, GE, and a bunch of other dogs that i would love to short..

I might short hertz. but like playing Craps, I'm always on the pass line. Short positions feel like the do not pass line.

lamboguy 06-09-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suff (Post 2616191)
I might short hertz. but like playing Craps, I'm always on the pass line. Short positions feel like the do not pass line.

i am not a don't player on the craps table either, but going long or short is like betting the favorite or the underdog in a game to me. its all reletive because you have to play with stops in these markets today otherwise you can get wiped out. -

FakeNameChanged 06-10-2020 02:18 PM

Lamboguy

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2612272)

Lamboguy, I just wanted to thank you for pointing me towards considering companies that use or mine manganese. The steel company X, is up 20% since getting in. And Vale is up about 4% in less than a week. The other miner, I haven't been able to get, lightly traded and OTC is up about 5%. I considered NUE for my other steel company, but Pricing was more attractive to me with US Steel. Manganese is also used in copper and aluminum, but I haven't looked at them yet.

lamboguy 06-10-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2616159)
https://robintrack.net/

they love buying bankrupt company's.

todays play looks like PLM

PLM going back to its place in hell today even though precious metals are rocking and rolling today.

i would have shorted that one, but i don't like f==== little ants.

highernote 06-11-2020 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Russ (Post 2615784)
It's been quite a ride. I got totally out of equities at about 3300 in Feb, and went back all in at about 2600 in March. I did not want repeat of 2008 to my 401(k) accounts, and figured this could be my last chance at making some better moves prior to retirement.

My gut keeps telling me that between the upcoming election and how sharp this move has been, I'm skating on thin ice. I will not hesitate to bail out and protect the stash when things turn.

Thanks for these updates!

No problem. It's gives me a reason to keep on top of the data collection. If I don't stay on top of it I miss the big moves.

mikesal57 06-11-2020 08:44 AM

Looks like profit taking today.....:p

Secondbest 06-11-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesal57 (Post 2616979)
Looks like profit taking today.....:p

Or the start of something bigger. You never know.

oughtoh 06-11-2020 09:36 AM

I sold out Tues all my stocks that weren't long holds to get cash, 25% of total stock money in cash, hoping for a chance to buy things at a lower price than they are now. Know they won't get down to the March lows, but right now everything is to high IMO

mikesal57 06-11-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secondbest (Post 2616983)
Or the start of something bigger. You never know.

It is....20 states reported covid increases....

I'm starting to move my money because I dont think we will recover like we did the first round where we lost 20% of our investments...

The only way things will bounce back fast is....A CURE!!!

PaceAdvantage 06-11-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape Reader (Post 2615836)
I apologize. I was all wrong.

were you?

PaceAdvantage 06-11-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesal57 (Post 2617025)
It is....20 states reported covid increases....

Why wouldn't they? States are "opening up"

Were people under the impression that opening up would lead to a decrease in cases?

lamboguy 06-11-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oughtoh (Post 2616994)
I sold out Tues all my stocks that weren't long holds to get cash, 25% of total stock money in cash, hoping for a chance to buy things at a lower price than they are now. Know they won't get down to the March lows, but right now everything is to high IMO

eventually they will go lower than in March

mikesal57 06-11-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2617053)
Why wouldn't they? States are "opening up"

Were people under the impression that opening up would lead to a decrease in cases?

who said that.....:lol::lol::lol:

tbwinner 06-11-2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape Reader (Post 2614107)
Start selling. Sharp reversal ahead.

GREAT call, again.

I took your "I was wrong" as tongue in cheek. 5% down in the Dow is certainly a sharp reversal.

The ? is, is it the beginning?

Big Russ 06-11-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2617054)
eventually they will go lower than in March

I got out end of day Tuesday as well. I'm now locked out for 3 months with the frequent trader thing with my 401k, so I'm on the sidelines until September. I'm probably out until after the election.

Tape Reader 06-11-2020 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbwinner (Post 2617105)
GREAT call, again.

I took your "I was wrong" as tongue in cheek. 5% down in the Dow is certainly a sharp reversal.

The ? is, is it the beginning?

Thank you. Exactly as it was meant.

PaceAdvantage 06-11-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape Reader (Post 2617156)
Thank you. Exactly as it was meant.

Wut?

Tape Reader 06-11-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2617355)
Wut?

The market went up one day after my post for a sharp reversal. I made a flippant remark that I was wrong. It was poor judgement.

PaceAdvantage 06-11-2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape Reader (Post 2617370)
The market went up one day after my post for a sharp reversal. I made a flippant remark that I was wrong. It was poor judgement.

Yeah...the market went up pretty good...so why would anyone take your remark as tongue in cheek? I thought you were dead serious...:lol:

mikesal57 06-11-2020 08:11 PM

After markets in the green....

cant figure shit out here....

lamboguy 06-12-2020 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesal57 (Post 2617443)
After markets in the green....

cant figure shit out here....

the bulls and bears will be fighting it out today at the old coral.

we are heading to an era where everything will be re-priced and re-aligned. the thought of what is in front of us after the end of the corona is scary. the unknown and change are always hard to digest.

lamboguy 06-12-2020 08:30 AM

market gods coming out today

an hour before the open, S+P up 50 points. this is more meat on the bone to short into.

they asked some of the Robinhood boys why they bought a bankrupt company in Hertz. one guy said he bought it because he thought the name Hertz had some value, another guy said because they own a whole bunch of cars all over the world.

the bottom line is that company's that go bankrupt have only one price to get to and that is ZERO.

lamboguy 06-12-2020 08:35 AM

now what does Hertz do? they go public with more shares! at the bottom of their offering they have a disclosure "if you buy our shares, the stock may become worthless"!!!

lamboguy 06-12-2020 08:53 AM

Quicken Loans gonna do an IPO. why would any company that is having their biggest quarter ever decide all of a sudden to do an offering? i am going to give you that answer, that is because they know that the amount of re-finances and new mortgages are going down. that will mean that your real estate values are heading south right with Quicken's business.

lamboguy 06-12-2020 10:37 AM

the broker dealer that winds up pushing this Hertz offering out wil make 5% of the total funds. Hertz asked the judge yesterday for $1 billion in offerings. this is the same judge that is handling the bankruptcy. some of the money they take in will go to creditors, and some will go to executive pay raises.

nice country.

FakeNameChanged 06-12-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2617675)
the broker dealer that winds up pushing this Hertz offering out wil make 5% of the total funds. Hertz asked the judge yesterday for $1 billion in offerings. this is the same judge that is handling the bankruptcy. some of the money they take in will go to creditors, and some will go to executive pay raises.

nice country.

Nice is right. They paid out $16.2 million in bonuses five days before they filed for bankruptcy, then laid off 14,000 workers right afterwards.

sammy the sage 06-12-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged (Post 2617838)
Nice is right. They paid out $16.2 million in bonuses five days before they filed for bankruptcy, then laid off 14,000 workers right afterwards.

and THAT'S why I quit a decade ago...total BS.... :puke:

FakeNameChanged 06-12-2020 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammy the sage (Post 2617925)
and THAT'S why I quit a decade ago...total BS.... :puke:

sammy, do you mean you quit Hertz, or just working in general, for some other blood-sucking company?

sammy the sage 06-12-2020 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged (Post 2617938)
sammy, do you mean you quit Hertz, or just working in general, for some other blood-sucking company?

stock market in general....insider's & corporate boards RAPE the average investor...don't get the returns they should...on MANY companies...used to pay for insider info...would get the deals they were making...was disgusting on some companies....no way to keep up with who was honest and who wasn't...so just walked away...

yep...i've missed out some good gains....but my business is good at the moment...so...just trying to figure out where to put any extra....which at the moment is a TOTAL crap shoot...b.o.l.

lamboguy 06-12-2020 11:57 PM

Sammy is right, but what he left out is that when the large corporations are doing well, the executives figure out ways to get high pay and more stock options. they also get the right people elected so they don't pay their fair share of the taxes that ordinary people would have to pay. but when things go bad, they go to their friends in the government and get their corporations bailed out, while the taxpayers that struggle to put a roof over their families have to pay. according to the government, these large corporations are to big to fail.

Secondbest 06-13-2020 03:15 PM

I just came back from an airport run. Place is EMPTY. JFk terminal 5 used to packed. Not anymore Parking empty. Maybe a few hundred people tops counting workers.
I know the market looks ahead but without a vaccine I can’t see it changing

lamboguy 06-17-2020 03:17 PM

the SEC halted trading today on Hertz. they are questioning the potential sales of up to $1 billion in their bankrupt corporation.

the stock was halted at a price point of $1.93. i wouldn't be surprised if it opened up under .25 when it opens on its way to boot hill.

lamboguy 06-17-2020 03:34 PM

they re-opened trading and the sucker actually went UP .10.

this is a lesson in trading that i must learn the new math!

Suff 06-17-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secondbest (Post 2618220)
I just came back from an airport run. Place is EMPTY. JFk terminal 5 used to packed. Not anymore Parking empty. Maybe a few hundred people tops counting workers.
I know the market looks ahead but without a vaccine I can’t see it changing

Ditto. In fact when speaking with the AVIS people I was told they are not back to even 15% of normal activity. Same with Spirit, yes they're packing the flights, but with less than 20% of routes actually flying. There I was told the same thing, we are ~15%, and that is on weekends. 10% during the week.

The people on the ground are senior people. You can imagine right? The people working are the critical managers that these companies don't want to lose. So I trust the numbers that I was hearing.