Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   brisnet website down (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160970)

mikeb 10-14-2020 02:34 PM

brisnet website down

Been trying to reach the brisnet site and by phone with no results
anyone else experience this
thanks
mikeb

sharkey11 10-14-2020 02:49 PM

had trouble with log in yesterday but i reset an got there

mikeb 10-14-2020 03:23 PM

thanks
is there another phone number besides 800 354 9206?
thanks again
mikeb

mikeb 10-14-2020 03:40 PM

all set
thanks for your response

Clocker 10-14-2020 09:27 PM

I'm having trouble printing Bris PPs. Just a character or two missing from each line down each edge of the page. I tried printing out a PP from a couple of days ago that I had no problem with then, and it is screwed up also.

Tom 10-14-2020 09:37 PM

Maybe you print size?
I have mine set to "fit to page" and it prints at about 96%
If I print at 100%, I lose a couple characters on one side.

BarchCapper 10-14-2020 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2662435)
I'm having trouble printing Bris PPs. Just a character or two missing from each line down each edge of the page. I tried printing out a PP from a couple of days ago that I had no problem with then, and it is screwed up also.

I don't know what your setup is, and can't explain why it would be different from a few days ago - but I know I had the same issue when I was using a generic or operating system supplied printer driver rather than printing through the app or driver supplied directly from the printer manufacturer.

Clocker 10-14-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2662441)
Maybe you print size?
I have mine set to "fit to page" and it prints at about 96%
If I print at 100%, I lose a couple characters on one side.

Tried it. On mine, it's called "Page Fit". No help.

Clocker 10-14-2020 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarchCapper (Post 2662443)
I don't know what your setup is, and can't explain why it would be different from a few days ago - but I know I had the same issue when I was using a generic or operating system supplied printer driver rather than printing through the app or driver supplied directly from the printer manufacturer.

I made no changes. I have been using the same HP P2035 for several years without problems. I don't remember, but assume that I installed it using the op sys driver.

With problems on my regular Firefox account, I tried to print using the Opera browser, with the same results.

Is there an HP driver for this printer, and where would I find it? Thanks in advance.

Tom 10-14-2020 10:42 PM

Can you manually reduce the % of print size?
I can on my printer

Clocker 10-14-2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2662464)
Can you manually reduce the % of print size?
I can on my printer

Don't know, I'll have to look into that. Any hints? What printer are you using? I am using an older HP. How do you manually reduce the print size?

Given that the problem exists on 2 different browsers, I suspect that the problem is with Brisnet.

Mulerider 10-14-2020 11:10 PM

I couldn't log in to my account Friday, kept getting a wrong username or password message. I was on the phone with tech support for an hour before we discovered that it was a Chrome issue (I've accessed Bris with Chrome for years). Tried logging in with IE and it worked normally. Tech guy said it might be due to a Chrome update and that they would investigate.

Clocker 10-14-2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulerider (Post 2662470)
I couldn't log in to my account Friday, kept getting a wrong username or password message. I was on the phone with tech support for an hour before we discovered that it was a Chrome issue (I've accessed Bris with Chrome for years). Tried logging in with IE and it worked normally. Tech guy said it might be due to a Chrome update and that they would investigate.

I don't use Chrome. I use Firefox and tried Opera browsers with no luck. They need to investigate Bris.

Psychotic Parakeet 10-15-2020 12:57 AM

Works fine on my end. I tried it with Safari and Chrome.

Tom 10-16-2020 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2662465)
Don't know, I'll have to look into that. Any hints? What printer are you using? I am using an older HP. How do you manually reduce the print size?

Given that the problem exists on 2 different browsers, I suspect that the problem is with Brisnet.

I'm using a HP printer - here is a shot of the settings panel that pops up when I select print.......cursor is pointing to the selection dial for size.

I am saving them as PDF and then printing, maybe that is where the problem comes in.