Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brisnet PP Generator not compatable with Win.10? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145926)

railbird 07-10-2018 10:55 AM

Brisnet PP Generator not compatable with Win.10?

Help! For years been using Brisnet PP Gen along side various software programs
and recently a spilled vodka martini destroyed my old PC ,so had to get a new one .:rip:

When I was restoring old programs the PP Gen program would not load at all, I tried on 2 different browsers plus all different compatibilities and nothing worked..

Called Brisnet and they said Windows 10 does not accept an old program like PP and there is no fix.

Would anyone know of a program I could get similar to the PP's structure without an exorbitant price tag. Thanks :(

Tom 07-10-2018 11:31 AM

Speed Figure 07-10-2018 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I run the program on Windows 10 all the time! It even works on my windows tablet.

MPRanger 07-10-2018 12:45 PM

Some programs work in Windows 10 32 bit mode but won't in 64 bit mode.

railbird 07-10-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Figure (Post 2339717)
I run the program on Windows 10 all the time! It even works on my windows tablet.

My old pc was upgraded to 10 and it worked fine but this was bought with 10 on it maybe that was the problem? will try that way , thanks tom
:confused:

railbird 07-10-2018 02:58 PM

It looks like I am doomed nothing is working unless brisnet cares to find time to do a upgrade on the program which does not look too good . :mad::(

railbird 07-10-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPRanger (Post 2339742)
Some programs work in Windows 10 32 bit mode but won't in 64 bit mode.

MPR is there a way to change it ??:confused:

Dave Schwartz 07-10-2018 03:05 PM

IMHO, if you have an XP-era machine (i.e. 3GB max on the motherboard) you should not be running anything beyond Win7.

MPRanger 07-10-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by railbird (Post 2339804)
MPR is there a way to change it ??:confused:

Unfortunately no. You would have to reinstall Windows 10 and use the 32 bit option when prompted.

therussmeister 07-10-2018 03:53 PM

My tablet upgraded to windows 10 used to work but stopped working a couple of upgrades ago. Fortunately I have a windows 8.1 tablet that I can use but I've been thinking of looking for a used computer as I am in constant fear my tablet will die.

I have decided that when PPgenerator no longer works I will retire from the game, but I want to make at least to the end of next year.

PhantomOnTour 07-10-2018 04:00 PM

Do a search on PP Generator...I had a similar problem a few yrs ago with fonts and symbols not being comparable, and they did a workaround for me. They also extended the years input for years data as it had nothing beyond 2015 or something. I don't quite remember all the details, and I don't use the program anymore. It was written in Firefox which is way outdated, ant the guy who wrote the original is no longer with BRIS....I think his name was Doug Marrone.
Anyway, the thread may be helpful if you can find it. It chronicles my efforts to get it updated for modern OS

railbird 07-10-2018 05:32 PM

My tablet upgraded to windows 10 used to work but stopped working a couple of upgrades ago. Fortunately I have a windows 8.1 tablet that I can use but I've been thinking of looking for a used computer as I am in constant fear my tablet will die.

I have decided that when PPgenerator no longer works I will retire from the game, but I want to make at least to the end of next year.[/quote]

EUREAKA (?) I GOT IT;

THE ANSWER BEHIND DOOR NUMBER 3 IS::: enter in SAFE MODE !!!!!!!:headbanger::jump::D:)

NOW I am a happy camper again, and thanks for all the replys

Mulerider 07-10-2018 06:40 PM

Glad you're up and running!

TexasDolly 07-10-2018 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour (Post 2339827)
Do a search on PP Generator...I had a similar problem a few yrs ago with fonts and symbols not being comparable, and they did a workaround for me. They also extended the years input for years data as it had nothing beyond 2015 or something. I don't quite remember all the details, and I don't use the program anymore. It was written in Firefox which is way outdated, ant the guy who wrote the original is no longer with BRIS....I think his name was Doug Marrone.
Anyway, the thread may be helpful if you can find it. It chronicles my efforts to get it updated for modern OS

His name is John Marrone and the program as I remember was written in Windev.

TD

Tom 07-10-2018 07:58 PM

There would seem to be a market for a PP generator program that has options and runs on new equipment. I suppose F4 is it, but I just will not an on-line program of any kind. F4 is slow, cumbersome , and a pain in the butt.