Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   58 Flat (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41195)

Marshall Bennett 11-09-2007 03:20 PM

58 Flat

Was just wondering if anyone besides me gets nauseated when this program comes on ???

46zilzal 11-09-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
Was just wondering if anyone besides me gets nauseated when this program comes on ???

Without a doubt the worse t.v. coverage of racing I have ever seen. The medullary emetic center goes haywire.

Only watched a few while visiting in S. California last summer. The way the guy walks around the studio was as distracting as his commentary.

Tom Barrister 11-09-2007 03:22 PM

Only because they don't show as many live races while it's running. I stopped listening to everybody but Rich Perloff and Vic Stauffer a long time ago.

jballscalls 11-09-2007 03:42 PM

was actually just watching and enjoying it LOL

Tom 11-09-2007 03:43 PM

This is me....

1 Attachment(s)
...when I see Matt come on the air

Hajck Hillstrom 11-09-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jballscalls
was actually just watching and enjoying it LOL

Then you had to love that $25.60 winner at in AQU's 7th!

What is with that jacket though?

Hajck Hillstrom 11-09-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Do as I do: Just hurl at 12:02 Pacific, and then watch with nausea subsided. This practice, along with the mute button employed, makes the show tolerable.

jballscalls 11-09-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hajck Hillstrom
Then you had to love that $25.60 winner at in AQU's 7th!

What is with that jacket though?

no i dont bet here, just like to watch when i'm relaxing here in the Emerald City.

Marshall Bennett 11-09-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
...when I see Matt come on the air

WTG Tom ... thats cool !! Make way for a mouth full !! LMAO !!

PaceAdvantage 11-10-2007 02:29 AM

Quote:

Nope, not me....don't mind it at all really....although the format is derivative in nature (Mad Money comes to mind immediately), it is certainly a welcome change of pace to the staid nature of two or three guys sitting behind a desk droning on and on about "lakes and flowers."

richrosa 11-10-2007 08:37 AM

At least Matt's a gambler by nature and talks about gambling.

BTW, for all you guys that hate him, I watched him talk to the fans in the rain at BC this year every moment that he was not on TV. It stuck me as a very fan friendly gesture.

GaryG 11-10-2007 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richrosa
BTW, for all you guys that hate him, I watched him talk to the fans in the rain at BC this year every moment that he was not on TV. It stuck me as a very fan friendly gesture.

I assume that all of that hyper-active goofiness is just his on-air persona. If not, Lord help his wife.

onefast99 11-10-2007 08:53 AM

Maybe TVG could get the charming personality of Brad Thomas NJ's premier handicapper who has the personality of a clam. Did he have one winner picked between both breeders cup race days?

richrosa 11-10-2007 08:56 AM

He's admitted to me that its all shtick, and that he's aware of some of the criticism. His reply is that they are in the TV business, and any press, good or bad, is good promotion for TVG.

I'm not nuts about every program on TVG, but I think their production values are very high, and much higher than HRTV. I try to jump into these TVG threads to remind myself that any TVG is better than no TVG at all.

My guess is that if Tom and Matt met, they might like each other. Matt would learn that Tom isn't really a gorilla, and Tom might learn that Matt isn't really a hyena.

Tom 11-10-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richrosa
My guess is that if Tom and Matt met, they might like each other. Matt would learn that Tom isn't really a gorilla, and Tom might learn that Matt isn't really a hyena.

If I met him, I am certain I would be an ASS! :lol:

In all serousness, thanks to Matt and some of the other medntal midgets TVG features, but mostly by thier refusal to acually show races, I no longer consider TVG when it comes to betting races. They are so far removed from horse racing, I don't even bother to tune them in anymore. I use You Bet or HRTV. And tracks only available on TVG.....bye bye to them as well. If I had brain cancer, or never finished third grade, I would probably appeciate TVG, but dang! no such luck.