Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Canada-Style "Health Care" (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172192)

boxcar 08-27-2022 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azeri98 (Post 2826838)
No as much compassion as to force young teens to have babies after being raped by a family member or a stranger

And who precisely is forcing "young teens to have babies after being raped by a family member or a stranger"?

And what percentage of abortions fit into your above narrow category in the first place? :coffee:

Also, is anyone forcing these "young teens" to keep and raise the baby?

Finally, since when do two wrongs make a right? In your scenario a wrong was done to a raped "young teen" but somehow you don't see any wrong in victimizing the innocent baby in her womb? What is the baby's crime in this rape scenario that (s)he should suffer the death penalty!? :bang::bang:

azeri98 08-28-2022 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar (Post 2826859)
And who precisely is forcing "young teens to have babies after being raped by a family member or a stranger"?

And what percentage of abortions fit into your above narrow category in the first place? :coffee:

Also, is anyone forcing these "young teens" to keep and raise the baby?

Finally, since when do two wrongs make a right? In your scenario a wrong was done to a raped "young teen" but somehow you don't see any wrong in victimizing the innocent baby in her womb? What is the baby's crime in this rape scenario that (s)he should suffer the death penalty!? :bang::bang:

How is it narrow? A lot of women get raped every year. Can you imagine the mental health issues that the teen must have to go through to carry a baby to full term knowing she was raped by a family member or stranger? In 2020 there were 120,000 plus reported cases of rape in the U.S, and we know that only about 5% of rapes are reported so make that 120.000 x20. Obviously not all of them will get pregnant but a lot of them would. That's a lot of unwanted babies. What would you do with all those unwanted babies. Not that many will be adopted. Most will probably end up in foster care and we know how bad that is.

davew 08-28-2022 08:42 AM

How do you know only 5% of rapes are reported?

Inner Dirt 08-28-2022 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2826927)
How do you know only 5% of rapes are reported?

That is the commonly accepted number for falsely reported rapes. The estimated amount reported is all over the place, but definitely not that low.

boxcar 08-28-2022 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azeri98 (Post 2826926)
How is it narrow? A lot of women get raped every year. Can you imagine the mental health issues that the teen must have to go through to carry a baby to full term knowing she was raped by a family member or stranger? In 2020 there were 120,000 plus reported cases of rape in the U.S, and we know that only about 5% of rapes are reported so make that 120.000 x20. Obviously not all of them will get pregnant but a lot of them would. That's a lot of unwanted babies. What would you do with all those unwanted babies. Not that many will be adopted. Most will probably end up in foster care and we know how bad that is.

And for all that you didn't answer any of my questions. Again my first question: What percentage of abortions are attributed to the crime of rape? Or asked in another way: What percentage of abortions are elective procedures that have nothing do with crime? :coffee:

By the way...abortions are still legal in most states. The overturn of Roe v. Wade did not make abortions illegal in the U.S. The ruling only said that the so-called right to an abortion is nowhere to be found in the U.S. Constitution; therefore, the legality of the issue is left to the People in the individual states.

azeri98 08-29-2022 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2826946)
That is the commonly accepted number for falsely reported rapes. The estimated amount reported is all over the place, but definitely not that low.

Taken from the Canadian government website
https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/...019/apr01.html
Only 5%of sexual assaults reported

azeri98 08-29-2022 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar (Post 2826959)
And for all that you didn't answer any of my questions. Again my first question: What percentage of abortions are attributed to the crime of rape? Or asked in another way: What percentage of abortions are elective procedures that have nothing do with crime? :coffee:

By the way...abortions are still legal in most states. The overturn of Roe v. Wade did not make abortions illegal in the U.S. The ruling only said that the so-called right to an abortion is nowhere to be found in the U.S. Constitution; therefore, the legality of the issue is left to the People in the individual states.

From your CDC website. 3 million women have become pregnant after being raped. These are only the reported numbers
https://www.cdc.gov/violencepreventi...-RRP-inUS.html.

Is that still a narrow number to you?:popcorn:

This started out about compassion for old and sick people being knocked off and then you turned to abortion with the death of unborn children. As a man of god I presume you want to preserve life at almost any cost. Do you hold the same compassion for the tens of thousands of people killed in your country by guns? Would you give up your weapons to preserve life?

boxcar 08-29-2022 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azeri98 (Post 2827092)
From your CDC website. 3 million women have become pregnant after being raped. These are only the reported numbers

This started out about compassion for old and sick people being knocked off and then you turned to abortion with the death of unborn children. As a man of god I presume you want to preserve life at almost any cost. Do you hold the same compassion for the tens of thousands of people killed in your country by guns? Would you give up your weapons to preserve life?

You still didn't answer my question about what percentage of abortions are rape-related.

As far as "tens of thousands" killed by guns, that is a meaningless statistic until you break that down by people who were victims of crime and people criminals killed by good guys with with guns. Also," tens of thousands" over what period of time? A day, a week, a month, a year, a decade...what?

JustRalph 08-29-2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azeri98 (Post 2827092)

I don’t believe a damn thing the CDC says.

I am also skeptical of the women

46zilzal 08-29-2022 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2827120)

Life must be a thrill for you day in day out

Elkchester Road 08-29-2022 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46zilzal (Post 2827126)
Life must be a thrill for you day in day out

I'm sure your is a Bowl of Cherries, too.

boxcar 08-29-2022 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elkchester Road (Post 2827135)
I'm sure your is a Bowl of Cherries, too.

Cherries full of pits just as the CDC, over the last 2+ years, has proven over and over again that they're filled with liars, yet liberals still believe them.

With liberals truth is always in short demand. :coffee:

Suff 08-29-2022 04:46 PM

Mr know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2827120)

Chad Brown thread .. 'I've investigated 100's of domestic violence cases"

Frightening that you ever had a badge and a gun. I pray for every life you damaged.

AndyC 08-29-2022 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suff (Post 2827163)
Chad Brown thread .. 'I've investigated 100's of domestic violence cases"

Frightening that you ever had a badge and a gun. I pray for every life you damaged.

Interesting how you interpreted that post. My interpretation was that JustRalph was skeptical of the number of women reported by the CDC, not that he is skeptical of women in general.

MargieRose 08-29-2022 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyC (Post 2827202)
Interesting how you interpreted that post. My interpretation was that JustRalph was skeptical of the number of women reported by the CDC, not that he is skeptical of women in general.

Well, in this day and age and with the Me Too movement fizzling like it has, he should be skeptical of the women in general, too.