Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can anyone explain this ride by Irad yesterday (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158983)

v j stauffer 06-27-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2624545)
Hey Mr. Exposed Nerve Twitter Man...cj's first sentence specifically says he's not claiming it's a fixed race.

Reading is FUNdaMENTAL.

Like I said. I was reacting to Twitter. Sometimes I know what I have to say is going to be long and use this forum. I acknowledged what CJ said and explained it. Want me to simonize your car too?

PressThePace 06-28-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2624545)
Hey Mr. Exposed Nerve Twitter Man...cj's first sentence specifically says he's not claiming it's a fixed race.

Reading is FUNdaMENTAL.

I'll defend Vic on this one. Our old friend EMD4ME is on Twitter proclaiming that it was definitely a fix. When I saw CJ's post, I knew he had probably seen the post as well. I'm sure the same thing ran through Vic's head.

cj 06-28-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PressThePace (Post 2624768)
I'll defend Vic on this one. Our old friend EMD4ME is on Twitter proclaiming that it was definitely a fix. When I saw CJ's post, I knew he had probably seen the post as well. I'm sure the same thing ran through Vic's head.

I commented on this race immediately on Twitter. I didn't see the other. I'm not in the habit of saying a rider fixed a race. I remember one indecent in Louisiana where it was obvious three riders tried, but failed, to fix a trifecta. But that is about it.

green80 06-28-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2624798)
I commented on this race immediately on Twitter. I didn't see the other. I'm not in the habit of saying a rider fixed a race. I remember one indecent in Louisiana where it was obvious three riders tried, but failed, to fix a trifecta. But that is about it.

Fixed races happen but 99% of the time it's just some bad judgement by the rider. I find that the less one knows about the sport the more often you hear them say the race was fixed.

PressThePace 06-28-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2624798)

Oh, I'm in agreement. I'm just defending Vic's previous comment about why he even mentioned fixing. If I had commented, I probably would have mentioned it as well even though you prefaced your comment at the beginning of the thread. I'm sure race-fixing has happened, but I don' think Irad would be that sought after if he was involved in something like that.

the little guy 06-28-2020 02:46 PM

Anyone that actually pays attention to Irad Ortiz ride could NEVER sanely accuse him of cheating. The guy will pretty much do anything he can to win. He's as competitive as anyone you will see. Bad riding judgement? Surely you will see that sometimes, though on the grass he's extraordinarily good, and his flaws, like what happened earlier this week, are easily predictable. They don't get punished as much on turf as they do on dirt, which is why he is so much better on that surface.

These narratives are unfortunate because they hinder learning, and Twitter has become a place where a lot of relative newcomers to the game will go, and seeing that kind of drivel will lead them badly astray. It plays into people's worst instincts.....conspiracies.

cj 06-28-2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2624824)
Anyone that actually pays attention to Irad Ortiz ride could NEVER sanely accuse him of cheating. The guy will pretty much do anything he can to win. He's as competitive as anyone you will see. Bad riding judgement? Surely you will see that sometimes, though on the grass he's extraordinarily good, and his flaws, like what happened earlier this week, are easily predictable. They don't get punished as much on turf as they do on dirt, which is why he is so much better on that surface.

These narratives are unfortunate because they hinder learning, and Twitter has become a place where a lot of relative newcomers to the game will go, and seeing that kind of drivel will lead them badly astray. It plays into people's worst instincts.....conspiracies.

Irad makes a ton of money. He'd have to be nuts to even entertain the idea of trying to fix a race.

Profesor 06-28-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2624833)
Irad makes a ton of money. He'd have to be nuts to even entertain the idea of trying to fix a race.

They used to say the same thing about Herve Fillion 😊😊😊

thaskalos 06-28-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PressThePace (Post 2624768)

Link? I miss EMD4ME...and I don't know how to look him up myself. :ThmbUp:

jimmyb 06-28-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2625092)
Link? I miss EMD4ME...and I don't know how to look him up myself. :ThmbUp:

https://twitter.com/EMD4ME

He does say Irad stiffed.

thaskalos 06-28-2020 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyb (Post 2625106)
https://twitter.com/EMD4ME

He does say Irad stiffed.

What a useless communication venue Twitter has turned out to be. Totally unappetizing. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

JustRalph 06-28-2020 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2625120)
What a useless communication venue Twitter has turned out to be. Totally unappetizing. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Yep. I hate it. But I read it occasionally when news breaks.

Btw, they could fix it in five minutes.

Charge to use it.

jay68802 06-29-2020 12:22 AM

The horse broke her maiden wire to wire. Then put into a G!, was rated, and finished off the board. The horse gets the lead, at slow pace, and the jockey pulls her off the lead, and put her in the same position where she had proven, did not like to be. And was doing this because the owner and / or trainer said to rate her? Really stupid decision in the connections part, IMO.

PaceAdvantage 06-29-2020 02:26 AM

Quote:

Shocking...

Tom 06-29-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Agree - you should tweet that out! :ThmbUp:

BUT, some people have been able to use it effectively - CJ for one, Andy for another....I follow a lot of horse people but essentially no one else. Steve Byk, for sure.

Only as good as the fingers keying in the tweets.