Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Putin Ouster(?) Apparently Underway (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177002)

elysiantraveller 06-24-2023 06:50 AM

Putin Ouster(?) Apparently Underway

Prigozhin and Wagner are currently driving on Moscow to, at the very least put Shoigu and the Ministry of Defense against a wall, but more likely to complete a coup.

Little resistance so far. Going to cross-post the Ukraine war thread.

For reference as to where they are;

https://chessdailynews.com/wp-conten...ronezh-map.jpg

zico20 06-24-2023 07:41 AM

Driving to Moscow? I just saw they are in Rostov at the moment. I know there is an arrest warrant out for him now. This could get very interesting.

elysiantraveller 06-24-2023 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zico20 (Post 2885947)
Driving to Moscow? I just saw they are in Rostov at the moment. I know there is an arrest warrant out for him now. This could get very interesting.

They've already taken the MOD headquarters in Rostov which is the headquarters for the entirety of Southern Russia military command.

Andy Asaro 06-24-2023 07:56 AM

All kinds of angles can come into play but what this appears to be is the beginning of the end of Putin. For Putin to address the country about this is a HUGE sign of weakness IMO. The Wagner Group are mercenaries. Mercenaries go to the highest bidder in the end and it looks like a self preservation (avoid war crimes trial) move for the Group.

elysiantraveller 06-24-2023 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Asaro (Post 2885949)
All kinds of angles can come into play but what this appears to be is the beginning of the end of Putin. For Putin to address the country about this is a HUGE sign of weakness IMO. The Wagner Group are mercenaries. Mercenaries go to the highest bidder in the end and it looks like a self preservation (avoid war crimes trial) move for the Group.

Situation is insanely fluid since it started popping off yesterday afternoon. Does seem like this has been planned by Prigozhin for some time.

Hopefully they all lose and, more importantly, Ukraine begins the main planned portions of its counteroffensive immediately.

Kherson and Zaporizhzhia are already on the brink of Russian collapse

Andy Asaro 06-24-2023 08:36 AM

kyle r 06-24-2023 09:05 AM

xtb 06-24-2023 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elysiantraveller (Post 2885944)
Prigozhin and Wagner are currently driving on Moscow...

PaceAdvantage 06-24-2023 11:59 AM

Well, I can't wait to see how this plays out. Talk about an unexpected thread when I logged in this morning.

kyle r 06-24-2023 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2886007)
Well, I can't wait to see how this plays out. Talk about an unexpected thread when I logged in this morning.

It plays out as escalation. Who is in the cab seemingly driving the truck is beside the point. The direction of travel is the thing.

xtb 06-24-2023 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle r (Post 2886012)
It plays out as escalation. Who is in the cab seemingly driving the truck is beside the point. The direction of travel is the thing.

Andy Asaro 06-24-2023 01:37 PM

PaceAdvantage 06-24-2023 01:50 PM

News flash from WSJ just appeared on my phone...Belarus has apparently brokered a deal and Wagner has stopped their march on Moscow...or whatever...

jocko699 06-24-2023 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2886076)
News flash from WSJ just appeared on my phone...Belarus has apparently brokered a deal and Wagner has stopped their march on Moscow...or whatever...

That sucks. Was hoping for an "e" ticket ride.

kyle r 06-24-2023 02:11 PM

So, what’s been added to the narrative: That elements within the Russian forces are unhappy with Putin’s (under) prosecution of the war. And perhaps that his grip on power is threatened unless he gets more aggressive.