Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Whiskey, Bourbon, Scotch or other (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97665)

sammy the sage 09-14-2012 10:40 PM

Whiskey, Bourbon, Scotch or other

I have one a night...not each (mind ya) :lol: ...try a new or different one every 4th week or so...it's Booker's tonight...a bit biting/strong...

What's the P.A. boards favorite...

ArlJim78 09-14-2012 10:49 PM

pandy 09-14-2012 10:52 PM

Booker's comes from the small batch collection made by Jim Beam. They are heavier bourbons for people who like a smokey, strong whiskey. My favorite of the four is Baker's.

But if you prefer a smooth, lighter whiskey, one of my favorites is Gentleman Jack, a sour mash (similar to bourbon) which is made by Jack Daniels. It has that nice sweet Jack Daniels flavor but it is double charcoal filtered and very smooth. It's also a bargain compared to most high quality whiskeys.

sammy the sage 09-14-2012 11:06 PM

Pandy...thanks...will have to try that...

I like a smokey Scotch...

As far as Bourbon...Knob Creek is my favorite...

iwearpurple 09-14-2012 11:09 PM

Johnny Walker Blue

But, I can't afford that on a daily basis so I settle for Black Label.

PhantomOnTour 09-15-2012 12:07 AM

Caol Ila is a nice charcoaly scotch, but i have switched full time to wine.
IMO it's the best after work relaxer (that's still legal :D )in the world.

highnote 09-15-2012 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwearpurple
Johnny Walker Blue

But, I can't afford that on a daily basis so I settle for Black Label.

Blanton's is probably my favorite bourbon, but Makers Mark is very good an less expensive. Makers Mark is not as complex as Blanton's, but it is smooth and buttery.

I have not tried Johnny Walker Blue or Black, but the first time I tried Red I was surprised how good it was. I like it on the rocks.

If I had to choose between Johnny Walker Red or Makers Mark, I would choose Red.

Uncle Salty 09-15-2012 05:54 AM

Robert Goren 09-15-2012 07:45 AM

Windsor and Squirt great stuff, too bad I don't get to drink it anymore. now days all I get is an O'Douls and not even that very often.

FantasticDan 09-15-2012 09:25 AM

[YT=""]OOVS14X3dfA[/YT]

PaceAdvantage 09-15-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammy the sage
I have one a night...not each (mind ya) :lol: ...try a new or different one every 4th week or so...it's Booker's tonight...a bit biting/strong...

What's the P.A. boards favorite...

Finally... :lol:

fast4522 09-15-2012 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This old dog has finally learned moderation, on occasion a smooth drink of Old #7. There are meals we enjoy a nice red wine, a good cut of steak there is no better marriage than with beer. Consumption of alcohol with good sleep means for me just enough, so a couple times a month some JD straight up, every week one glass or two of wine to suit the meal and some beer that has to either be with a ball game or red meet.

Robert Fischer 09-15-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FantasticDan
[YT=""]OOVS14X3dfA[/YT]

good one :D

and a good song.

Valuist 09-15-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FantasticDan
[YT=""]OOVS14X3dfA[/YT]

As soon as I saw the thread I was going to post this song but you beat me to it.

BlueShoe 09-15-2012 11:25 AM

Other.

Non Caffeinated Diet Pepsi.