Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Handicapping Software (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SYNERGISM 6 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147581)

lefty359 09-20-2018 11:38 PM

SYNERGISM 6

Anybody use this? I'd like your thoughts...

rispa 09-21-2018 05:09 AM

You might have some luck over at paceandcap.com

Buckeye 09-25-2018 09:50 PM

It's outdated-- I know all about it.

(I know a lot of things.) :)

Short list: Everything.

Currently I use The Handicapping Magician™

Mr.XXX 09-26-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rispa (Post 2373225)
You might have some luck over at paceandcap.com

I think he's referring to the HDW version of it, which looks to be not updated for eons. It also seems to use some mechanical formula for the figs, rather than the HDW numbers.

lefty359 09-26-2018 03:30 PM

Thanks, BUT...

I've been using Synergism 2 which is manual input so thought I'd try Syn6 with downloading. Manual input was just too hard on this old back.
Thanks, guys.

incoming 09-26-2018 03:55 PM

The late Dick Schmidt was a big tout for Synergism 6, a search may reveal some info.

Tom 09-26-2018 06:06 PM

http://www.synergism-sdp.com/

Looks like there is a trial download available.

mikekk 09-26-2018 06:30 PM

I used this program (or an earlier version?) years ago; stopped using because it just wasn't working for the way I handicapped.

But, in terms of support, Bob Purdy was a class act, always there with advice and help; emails were answered in detail within 24 hours every time. Very impressed by his dedication and attention.

Hope this helps

Mike

lefty359 09-26-2018 06:47 PM

Thanks, guys. Tom I did take the tour. I decided to try it for 2 months then decide whether to continue.

lansdale 09-26-2018 07:56 PM

I have never been a user of any version of Synergism, but I have heard from many that Bob Purdy is a class act, and that the CS quality was good. ICYMI, Dick Schmidt, an original member of the Sartin group and, for many years a professional handicapper, sad to say,passed on a few year ago. He was a friend of Purdy's and promoter of Synergism, but came to believe that all the variants of the Sartin-derived pace handicapping programs, including his own TPR, once extremely effective, had become so completely priced into the ML that their value was reduced to the point that he quit professional play ca. a decade ago, switching to trading FOREX.

Anyone interested in following up on this subject should do a search on Dick's archived posts here -- he was a very sharp handicapper and a very funny and helpful guy.

Buckeye 09-26-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lansdale (Post 2375995)
I have never been a user of any version of Synergism, but I have heard from many that Bob Purdy is a class act, and that the CS quality was good. ICYMI, Dick Schmidt, an original member of the Sartin group and, for many years a professional handicapper, sad to say,passed on a few year ago. He was a friend of Purdy's and promoter of Synergism, but came to believe that all the variants of the Sartin-derived pace handicapping programs, including his own TPR, once extremely effective, had become so completely priced into the ML that their value was reduced to the point that he quit professional play ca. a decade ago, switching to trading FOREX.

Anyone interested in following up on this subject should do a search on Dick's archived posts here -- he was a very sharp handicapper and a very funny and helpful guy.

You get it!

That's why I keep on trying to do my best to recommend Handicapping Magic.

I've done HTR
I've done Sartin
I've done Synergism.
I've done it all and know it all.
I've read just about everything in print.

I can't help it.

thaskalos 09-26-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeye (Post 2376001)
You get it!

That's why I keep on trying to do my best to recommend Handicapping Magic.

I've done HTR
I've done Sartin
I've done Synergism.
I've done it all and know it all.
I've read just about everything in print.

I can't help it.

A walking handicapping encyclopedia! :ThmbUp:

Buckeye 09-26-2018 08:26 PM

If you say so. :)

thaskalos 09-26-2018 08:41 PM

It took me 30 years to learn what I know...and then another 7 years to realize that the trick was to forget what I had already learned.

Buckeye 09-26-2018 08:49 PM

Excellent point!

I could not agree with you more.

Handicapping Magic says the same thing.