Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tom Amoss (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173418)

Brisk Urging 11-17-2022 08:36 AM

Tom Amoss

https://www.google.com/url?client=in...YvDTN05PIF8NUS

Was it Betamethasone?No mention of the drug weird.

Yet Baffert gets 2 years

Drug Oneil suspended 60 days

Tom Morley suspended after his remarkable run at Saratoga

Amoss: "I am grateful for the stewards for independently recognizing this as a possible cross-contamination and reducing my suspension from 15 days to seven days. We will work to ensure this will not happen again."
2015 he got 45 days

All of you who thinks it’s an all natural sport except some trainers�� They are all faithful to each other and they are in the same boat.�� Once in a while you get caught.��

BarchCapper 11-17-2022 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk Urging (Post 2841970)

Lidocaine, from what I've seen.

rastajenk 11-17-2022 09:24 AM

Quote:

All of you who thinks it’s an all natural sport....

Who you talkin' to? An empty room?

the little guy 11-17-2022 10:09 AM

Quote:

Yet Baffert gets 2 years

Drug Oneil suspended 60 days

Tom Morley suspended after his remarkable run at Saratoga

Amoss: "I am grateful for the stewards for independently recognizing this as a possible cross-contamination and reducing my suspension from 15 days to seven days. We will work to ensure this will not happen again."
2015 he got 45 days

All of you who thinks it’s an all natural sport except some trainers�� They are all faithful to each other and they are in the same boat.�� Once in a while you get caught.��

Alex, I get that you're on a roll, making all sorts of crazy accusations here and on Twitter, but maybe you should get at least some of your facts straight. Tom Morley had a "remarkable" run at Saratoga? He was 6 for 38.

I'm not naive, but lumping all trainers that get medication overages together is hardly helpful, responsible, or even reasonable.

Brisk Urging 11-17-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2841981)
Alex, I get that you're on a roll, making all sorts of crazy accusations here and on Twitter, but maybe you should get at least some of your facts straight. Tom Morley had a "remarkable" run at Saratoga? He was 6 for 38.

I'm not naive, but lumping all trainers that get medication overages together is hardly helpful, responsible, or even reasonable.

Tom Morley 6 for 38 at Saratoga is really good up against the best trainers in the country.

Accusations??

These are facts.

Morley suspended
Oneill Suspended
Amoss suspended

What am i missing?

$w1fT 11-17-2022 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk Urging (Post 2841985)
Tom Morley 6 for 38 at Saratoga is really good up against the best trainers in the country.

Accusations??

These are facts.

Morley suspended
Oneill Suspended
Amoss suspended

What am i missing?

Yep nearly 16% against, as you said, some of the best trainers in the country.

AND winning with some impossible horses (Dynadrive TWICE).

He also gets horses from Flying P stable who uses a nice roster of trainers with checkered backgrounds (Diodoro anyone?)

I mean, sometimes the people who work in the industry think that everyone is just naive to what goes on.

the little guy 11-17-2022 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk Urging (Post 2841985)

Accusations??

These are facts.

Morley suspended
Oneill Suspended
Amoss suspended

What am i missing?

It's not a fact that he had a "remarkable" run at Saratoga. If it's your opinion, it's a horrendous opinion with no basis in fact.

The rest speaks for itself.

VeryOldMan 11-17-2022 12:51 PM

I feel like I'm missing something here - how did Tom Morley end up in a thread titled "Tom Amoss"?

A quick look at Thoroughbred Rulings shows Amoss with medication violations going back to 2005. I get the suspicion about him and that he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt at this point.

But Morley? He had no previous medication violations and got dinged in October for an overage of an otherwise-permissible medication. If it becomes a pattern (see, e.g., Tom Amoss!) then let's talk.

pandy 11-17-2022 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeryOldMan (Post 2842012)
I feel like I'm missing something here - how did Tom Morley end up in a thread titled "Tom Amoss"?

A quick look at Thoroughbred Rulings shows Amoss with medication violations going back to 2005. I get the suspicion about him and that he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt at this point.

But Morley? He had no previous medication violations and got dinged in October for an overage of an otherwise-permissible medication. If it becomes a pattern (see, e.g., Tom Amoss!) then let's talk.

Good point.

According to some stats that I've saved, Amoss has considerably less drug violations per start than the Kingpins, Baffert and Sadler, but he's certainly had his share.

proximity 11-21-2022 11:25 PM

Quote:

i would like to think this isn't true, but there was a curious case prior on this forum of a single digit pen trainer who was a staunch defender of local legend "jezebel juice" and her boyfriend. were they in the same boat? absolutely not. jezebel juice was on the titanic and single digit guy a life raft.

maybe he was a true believer because later it was pointed out on here that he claimed a horse of jorge navarro of all people.

that horse never ran again. :(

ultimately juice destroyed the game at pen. today they run fewer races with more than a handful of horses than they did when slots were "needed to survive." :coffee:

Brisk Urging 11-22-2022 06:20 AM

DChapman 11-23-2022 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $w1fT (Post 2841987)
I mean, sometimes the people who work in the industry think that everyone is just naive to what goes on.

The question is, what's the solution?

$w1fT 04-18-2023 10:15 PM

https://twitter.com/bloodhorse/statu...nwANfqWzZXV3Tg

Will this get brought up on the fox broadcasts this summer ?

myohmyjustify 04-18-2023 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $w1fT (Post 2871235)
https://twitter.com/bloodhorse/statu...nwANfqWzZXV3Tg

Will this get brought up on the fox broadcasts this summer ?

The short answer is: no.

The well-thought out answer is: of course not.

PaceAdvantage 04-18-2023 11:37 PM