Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Booming Trump Economy....or not (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140543)

mostpost 09-01-2017 05:08 PM

The Booming Trump Economy....or not

156,000 Jobs added in August. Averaging 170,000 per month since February. Sound good?

Not if you compare it to the 216,000 a month average for the last three years of the Obama administration. And each month that passes, Trump can count less and less on Obama to see him through.

OntheRail 09-01-2017 05:29 PM

So the Alt-Left and Soros must be paying all those protester under the table.

Anyway we all know that Obama Administration played with the Jobs numbers. Sometimes it's not the quantity (part time) but the quality (full time) that matters. :coffee:

jimmyb 09-01-2017 05:43 PM

lamboguy 09-01-2017 05:51 PM

Trump has been tremendous for gold unlike Obama who happened to have trashed the price of gold. if you own gold Trump is your friend, and i am long and strong that instrument.

boxcar 09-01-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2214987)
Trump has been tremendous for gold unlike Obama who happened to have trashed the price of gold. if you own gold Trump is your friend, and i am long and strong that instrument.

For your info, my stock portfolio has performed beyond expectations since Trump has been in office. But it's nice to also see that gold is making a comeback. :coffee:

JustRalph 09-01-2017 06:19 PM

Hillary is still not President. That's all that matters.

RBG is aging every day.

Life is good.......

Inner Dirt 09-01-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2214995)
Hillary is still not President. That's all that matters.

I will co-sign that. To be prepared for the horror of having to look at that nasty hag all over the place for 4 years & then have a miracle happen & have her vaporized is better than almost anything I could imagine. The joy of election night and seeing all her supporters crying will be a very fond memory I won't forget as long as I live. I laughed at those sobbing fools so hard and long I damn near peed my pants.

woodtoo 09-01-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2215010)

I will co-sign that. To be prepared for the horror of having to look at that nasty hag all over the place for 4 years & then have a miracle happen & have her vaporized is better than almost anything I could imagine. The joy of election night and seeing all her supporters crying will be a very fond memory I won't forget as long as I live. I laughed at those sobbing fools so hard and long I damn near peed my pants.

Your not alone!:D

mostpost 09-01-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OntheRail (Post 2214982)
So the Alt-Left and Soros must be paying all those protester under the table.

Anyway we all know that Obama Administration played with the Jobs numbers. Sometimes it's not the quantity (part time) but the quality (full time) that matters. :coffee:

We know no such thing. That's just the whiny right talking.

elysiantraveller 09-01-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostpost (Post 2214976)
156,000 Jobs added in August. Averaging 170,000 per month since February. Sound good?

Not if you compare it to the 216,000 a month average for the last three years of the Obama administration. And each month that passes, Trump can count less and less on Obama to see him through.

In theory jobs will tick up as well. Having a Republican Controlled federal government is going to have that effect on business owners. They are much more apt to spend because they are confident that the leadership is pro-business as opposed to the previous administration that wasn't.

Is it Trump? Yes and no. Anyone with a R next to their name would have had similar results so legislatively he hasn't done much yet but people are happy he isn't going to hurt them. *cough* ObamaCare *cough*

FantasticDan 09-01-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elysiantraveller (Post 2215033)
In theory jobs will tick up as well. Having a Republican Controlled federal government is going to have that effect on business owners. They are much more apt to spend because they are confident that the leadership is pro-business as opposed to the previous administration that wasn't.

If "business" supposedly favors repubs, it's odd that the stock market prefers them dems.. :cool:

http://www.businessinsider.com/democ...eturns-2015-12

mostpost 09-01-2017 07:57 PM

On May 1, 2014 the Inspector General of the Commerce Department issued a report on those allegations. Some of the chapter headings of that report follow:

Chapter 3: Results of Investigation into Survey Falsification Allegations .................19

I. Our investigation found no evidence supporting the allegation that Subject 1 instructed his subordinates to falsify survey data...........

II. Our investigation found no evidence supporting the allegation that Subject 1 changed subordinate survey responses to manipulate data, or that Subject 1 or Subject 2 prevented falsification reports from being reported to Census Bureau

III. Our investigation found no evidence supporting the allegation that the national
unemployment rate was manipulated by the Philadelphia Regional Office in the
months leading up to the 2012 presidential election.

IV. Our investigation found no evidence supporting the allegation that Fernando
Armstrong directed falsification on the American Housing Survey in order to meet
performance goals.

V Our investigation found no evidence supporting allegations of widespread survey
data falsification in the Philadelphia Regional Office .....

You can find the full report at:
https://www.oig.doc.gov/OIGPublications/14-0073.pdf

Fake News. Phony. False. Pants on Fire

mostpost 09-01-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar (Post 2214988)
For your info, my stock portfolio has performed beyond expectations since Trump has been in office. But it's nice to also see that gold is making a comeback. :coffee:

Who cares about your stock portfolio? The same number of people who care about Lamboguy's gold. One. I care about whether people have jobs.

elysiantraveller 09-01-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FantasticDan (Post 2215049)
If "business" supposedly favors repubs, it's odd that the stock market prefers them dems.. :cool:

http://www.businessinsider.com/democ...eturns-2015-12

Thats an extremely over simplistic view. You could also compare deficit spending and a multitude of other factors like wars and geopolitical/economic climates.

Just go ask your average business owner how they feel about the future right now? I guarantee it's higher now than the previous administration.

elysiantraveller 09-01-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostpost (Post 2215055)
Who cares about your stock portfolio? The same number of people who care about Lamboguy's gold. One. I care about whether people have jobs.

Unemployment is super low. You did cite unemployment numbers as signs Obama was doing a good job didn't you? ;)

I thought they were BS then and I still think they are... but that's okay I'm a "liberal" around these parts now I guess.