Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   another saturday busted card at belmont (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139219)

sour grapes 06-24-2017 06:54 AM

another saturday busted card at belmont

more rain today than last week,but no big carryover so they will run.I guess they didnt learn thieir lesson last week , carded 5 of 6 races on the turf in the pick 6.for all the people saying it wasnt in thier interest to cancel last week this shows it was all about the money and not cancelled due to unsafe conditions on a sloppy track.

CincyHorseplayer 06-24-2017 07:57 AM

With rain looking like it was sweeping the east coast I punted on betting the races today. Gotta have my turf races.

Tom 06-24-2017 09:25 AM

So glad I bought PPs for today and spent half the night handicapping.
Isn't it a big turf day at Laurel, too?
any word on them yet?

Dahoss9698 06-24-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sour grapes (Post 2188112)
more rain today than last week,but no big carryover so they will run.I guess they didnt learn thieir lesson last week , carded 5 of 6 races on the turf in the pick 6.for all the people saying it wasnt in thier interest to cancel last week this shows it was all about the money and not cancelled due to unsafe conditions on a sloppy track.

I posted the article Grening wrote about how the jockeys felt the main and turf were unsafe and refused to ride.

I wouldn't want facts to get in the way of a good troll rant but, anyone interested in facts can read it.

sour grapes 06-24-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 (Post 2188128)
I posted the article Grening wrote about how the jockeys felt the main and turf were unsafe and refused to ride.

I wouldn't want facts to get in the way of a good troll rant but, anyone interested in facts can read it.

grening is just a mouthpiece for nyra,believe what you want to believe and for the record check out when the last cancellation due to weather for belmont was, since your mr know it all,maybe 2 times in the past 20 years and both times before the card was started.This was strictly about the pic 6 carryover.

Bennie 06-24-2017 10:12 AM

Delaware is off turf, Philly is off turf. I would think Monmouth, Belmont and Laurel would have same conditions, but sun is out here in Jersey with a nice breeze so later races at Belmont might still be run on the turf if they don't make changes too early and no more rain comes. Will have to wait and see.

NTamm1215 06-24-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sour grapes (Post 2188131)
grening is just a mouthpiece for nyra,believe what you want to believe and for the record check out when the last cancellation due to weather for belmont was, since your mr know it all,maybe 2 times in the past 20 years and both times before the card was started.This was strictly about the pic 6 carryover.

If there was ever a DRF beat writer who is not a mouthpiece for the track(s) he covers, it's Grening.

Tom 06-24-2017 11:11 AM

Just got the Belmont scratches....would have been easier to post who was left in. I got carpel tunnel drawing lines. Haven't seen this much scratching since I stayed in a Motel 6 one night.
ba dum

Upside, won't take more than 10-12 minute to 'cap the whole card.

Robert Fischer 06-24-2017 11:34 AM

I was coping until

MISCELLANEOUS CHANGES
Race Program # Horse Changes
4 2 Basic Hero CHEEK PIECES OFF

= The straw that broke the camel's back! :rant:

HalvOnHorseracing 06-24-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennie (Post 2188132)
Delaware is off turf, Philly is off turf. I would think Monmouth, Belmont and Laurel would have same conditions, but sun is out here in Jersey with a nice breeze so later races at Belmont might still be run on the turf if they don't make changes too early and no more rain comes. Will have to wait and see.

Once a race is taken off the turf that's it, and I noticed on the NYRA site the only turf races still listed are 8 and 9.

HalvOnHorseracing 06-24-2017 01:10 PM

Check that. Now showing all off the turf.

jay68802 06-24-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer (Post 2188143)
I was coping until

MISCELLANEOUS CHANGES
Race Program # Horse Changes
4 2 Basic Hero CHEEK PIECES OFF

= The straw that broke the camel's back! :rant:

:popcorn: Let's see if his weight goes to 110...

Rise Over Run 06-24-2017 01:45 PM

Track now listed as good between Race 1 and 2, and likely upgraded to fast by end of card. Unfortunate that they lost all the turf races.

Dahoss9698 06-24-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sour grapes (Post 2188131)

So your take is the jockeys, DRF beat writers and NYRA all conspired to cancel because of the Pick 6?

I miss the good trolls we used to have.

thespaah 06-25-2017 03:12 PM

This looks like another one those examples of a whine fest by someone who believes they were "cheated" out of an opportunity to place a bet or bets..
"Screw the horses, riders and the people that pay for these animals and their upkeep...I WANT MY RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I also like this one
"Well, back in the day they NEVER took races off the turf....And NEVER cancelled a card just because it( fill in the blank)"....
Pardon the expression but HORSE SHIT...
Note to the OP. Perhaps we did not see as many cancellations or off the turf in years past, but jeez...Do you think it not possible that we are a helluva lot smarter now?
Naaahh.....Complain onward