Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   HandiFast Handicapping Software (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Thoroughbred Report Card Wizard available for download (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83666)

douglasw32 05-28-2011 01:21 AM

Thoroughbred Report Card Wizard available for download

I would like to again thank Raybo for an excellent tool, with AllData and the previous versions of handifast that headhawg and Handiman polished, I have been able to test and retest many of the angles that started out with the crazy ideas of horse racing that my wife had when I first introduced her to the sport-and grew into a cooperative effort to create software that was 100% free-

I also want to again thank PA himself for space on the forum, all of the users that gave me there "special" insights and formulas to take into consideration, all the users who contributed to my learning of programming (and google).

I finally have a program that I am in LOVE with.

The new program can be downloaded here.

http://localpcpros.com/handifast/

TRC_Wizard_setup.exe

What it does is fairly straight forward.

Generates a Power Rating, Sorts by that. Shows basic information on the race and horses, incorporates a custom modified Speed Figure and bris's Early/Late pace numbers.

Enjoy.

As soon as I get the source code cleaned up I will upload that also.

raybo 05-28-2011 08:20 AM

Doug,

You're welcome! I'll be sure to check out your latest release.

Thanks for your time, energy and "giving" spirit!

douglasw32 05-28-2011 10:19 AM

Thanks John for pointing out the fact that the first lifetime race was not showing for every horse.

I fixed the bug, anyone who downloaded the setup in the last 24 hours should go back and get the one there now.

I named it different so you could tell.

f_TRC_Wizard_setup.exe (f in front for fixed)

It will just install over the previous one if you have already installed.

btw- this program should be completely portable, it can run out of any folder and pick up race cards from any folder and works under wine in linux.

The report being in html format works if emailed to any smartphone.

Exotic1 05-28-2011 11:54 AM

TRC Wizard

Douglas, Thanks for sharing.

punteray 05-28-2011 12:54 PM

ADD EXTENSIONS

Doug

Any chance of adding ".mcp" files?

Ray Scalise

Vinnie 05-28-2011 01:17 PM

Doug:

Thanks a million for sharing all of your fine Handifast and HHV versions. They can be very devastating at finding nice horses in not only T-Bred but for the Quarters as well. I use Vers. 6 HHV2.1 and Handifast V 7 as well to help me to isolate strong plays and I'm often very successful in P4's even using very small ticket configurations. This is most definitely yet another awesome tool to add to the handicapping arsenal.

A HUGE thank you goes out to you, Handi and Headhawg for your phenomenal generosity.

All the BEST to you and yours! :)

headhawg 05-28-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie
A HUGE thank you goes out to you, Handi and Headhawg for your phenomenal generosity.

It's nice to hear that you are getting good use of the programs. I'm sorry I haven't been able to add improvements to HHX as of yet but it's on my to-do list. ;)

Version 3 out in a month or so. Stay tuned.

dartman51 05-28-2011 02:29 PM

Doug, first, let me thank you for your continued efforts to help all of us here. I do have a question about your newest effort. I downloaded, installed and ran the program as usual. Opened up AP, and I must say, I like the now look. When I opened BEL, I noticed that it included the AP horses mixed in with the BEL. If I close AP, and run BEL alone, all is well. With previous versions, I could open as many different tracks as I wanted. Is this a BUG, or is this the NORM?

Thanks again for all you do. :ThmbUp:

I think I found the answer, so please disregard. I didn't notice that you had to EXIT after processing each card.

THANKS AGAIN!!

Vinnie 05-28-2011 02:55 PM

Headhawg:

Greetings! I hope that you are well? :) Thank you for everything you guys do!! I love every version of Handifast and HHV2, etc.. I really look forward to seeing Version 3 when you put it out sir.

"YOU ARE THE MAN"!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

douglasw32 05-28-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punteray
Doug

Ray Scalise

Well crap I thought I did. Yes that is easy to do.

douglasw32 05-28-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartman51
Doug, first, let me thank you for your continued efforts to help all of us here. I do have a question about your newest effort. I downloaded, installed and ran the program as usual. Opened up AP, and I must say, I like the now look. When I opened BEL, I noticed that it included the AP horses mixed in with the BEL. If I close AP, and run BEL alone, all is well. With previous versions, I could open as many different tracks as I wanted. Is this a BUG, or is this the NORM?

Thanks again for all you do. :ThmbUp:

I think I found the answer, so please disregard. I didn't notice that you had to EXIT after processing each card.

THANKS AGAIN!!

=) No problem and yep you got it.

douglasw32 05-28-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punteray
Doug

Ray Scalise

I downloaded a .MCP file and it worked ?

douglasw32 05-28-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie
Doug:

Thanks a million for sharing all of your fine Handifast and HHV versions. They can be very devastating at finding nice horses in not only T-Bred but for the Quarters as well. I use Vers. 6 HHV2.1 and Handifast V 7 as well to help me to isolate strong plays and I'm often very successful in P4's even using very small ticket configurations. This is most definitely yet another awesome tool to add to the handicapping arsenal.

All the BEST to you and yours! :)

This works with Quarter Horses also.

Vinnie 05-28-2011 05:21 PM

Thank you Doug.

Have a fantastic holiday weekend. :)

dartman51 05-28-2011 06:21 PM

Doug,

I apologize for asking, but could you possibly put the previous version of TRC back up. Like a dumb ass, let the NEW version overwrite the old, and I really didn't want to lose the previous version. :blush:

Thanks.