Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   K.I.S.S. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17013)

46zilzal 12-29-2004 01:28 PM

K.I.S.S.

the secret...Keep it simple and wagering desions are much easier

Amazed at how complicated folks here get when going after a simple game

kitts 12-29-2004 01:32 PM

The game is simple all right. Making money at it is sometimes challenging.

kingfin66 12-29-2004 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46zilzal
the secret...Keep it simple and wagering desions are much easier

Amazed at how complicated folks here get when going after a simple game

Could you please give a simple Norwesterner an example of what you are trying to say? Thanks.

46zilzal 12-29-2004 09:54 PM

Much Ado About Nothing

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfin66
Could you please give a simple Norwesterner an example of what you are trying to say? Thanks.

Folks put too many peripherals into the handicapping decisions

plainolebill 12-29-2004 10:30 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the tip.

kingfin66 12-29-2004 10:37 PM

Quote:

I'm still not sure that I understand what you mean, but I'll take a stab at it anyway. Are you saying that people get too bogged down in the minutia (sp?) of making precise figures, or trying to discover trainer patterns, or get too cute in trying to construct their exotics tickets.

I'm probably way off, but I'm definitely trying to understand. An example really would help.

46zilzal 12-29-2004 10:42 PM

too many factors

MOST races hinge on about three or four factors THAT'S IT...NOT what the trainer assistant is wearing or the 10 year hisotry of the trainer first time filly's running in a claimer on Tuedays on an off track etc.

46zilzal 12-29-2004 10:43 PM

EXAMPLE

Most maiden races hinge on being first or second velocity last race at the second call.....that's usually IT.

rmania 04-22-2010 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Most maiden races hinge on being first or second velocity last race at the second call.....that's usually IT.

Rather than start a new thread I dug this one up from the achives just to let everyone know that K.I.S.S. still reigns supreme.

Example: Yesterday (opening day) at Hollywood Park there were 5 sprint races on the card. Using the K.I.S.S. method would have netted you 3 wins, 1 place and 1 show.

The Hawk 04-22-2010 07:33 PM

Also, if you would have purchased Apple stock at $3 per share in the mid-80's, you would have done even better...yesterday.

Tom 04-22-2010 08:25 PM

Maybe this thread was a tad too simple.:rolleyes:

Fingal 04-22-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

MOST races hinge on about three or four factors THAT'S IT...NOT what the trainer assistant is wearing or the 10 year hisotry of the trainer first time filly's running in a claimer on Tuedays on an off track etc.

When you try to quantify everything-
You quantify nothing.

Greyfox 04-22-2010 08:41 PM

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
Maybe this thread was a tad too simple.:rolleyes:

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp: Right. This thread has very little meat to chew on.

Recruit Officer: Have you given any thought to your future, son?
Forrest Gump: Thought?

kenwoodallpromos 04-22-2010 08:55 PM

Thoughts

Maybe my original cappingmethods are too simple for people to believe they work! In sprints and grass, when the crowd says the top and 2nd choices are good enough to be between even and 3-1 odds and no others are that low, that is simple!

upset 04-22-2010 09:33 PM

Yeah its simple the gates open a horse takes the lead and trys to hold it to the wire while the others try to pass the leader. Texas hold em is probably the most simple poker game. Heck you only get 2 cards. What about NFL football...Simple...pass,run,run,pass throw in a kick now and then. What's the big deal.