Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Part of racings problem (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147771)

airford1 09-30-2018 08:21 PM

Part of racings problem

Abel Tasman. More than one show bettor took the plunge on Abel Tasman today and lost. The problem was that Mike Smith could of got her in the money, but never made an effort. Mike made a move before the 1/2 mile pole and was a Statue in the irons the rest of the way home. No, I didn't bet the race. Baffert's other entry won, go figure.

GMB@BP 09-30-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airford1 (Post 2378007)
Abel Tasman. More than one show bettor took the plunge on Abel Tasman today and lost. The problem was that Mike Smith could of got her in the money, but never made an effort. Mike made a move before the 1/2 mile pole and was a Statue in the irons the rest of the way home. No, I didn't bet the race. Baffert's other entry won, go figure.

filly was going up and down the whole race, really had no horse at the 3/8ths, had nothing around the turn, it never looked like she could get 4th let alone 3rd.

I guess he could have hit the shit out of her but there was no reason to do that to that mare, she clearly didnt want to be in that race.

It was obvious something was not right out of the gate when she lost contact with the field, I actually thought he might pull her up.

castaway01 09-30-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

"Unbeatable" favorites running out of the money happens and will continue to happen. The Vikings were "unbeatable" against the Bills last week too.

horses4courses 09-30-2018 09:25 PM

Abel Tasman was done out of the gate.
Done.

Afleet 09-30-2018 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses (Post 2378032)
Abel Tasman was done out of the gate.
Done.

hopefully she goes off as the favorite for the Distaff

horses4courses 09-30-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afleet (Post 2378033)

Hard to see that happening now.

GMB@BP 09-30-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses (Post 2378042)
Hard to see that happening now.

highly doubt she runs in that race.

in fact most of the baffert horses may be in trouble if the barn is sick like he said yesterday.

PhantomOnTour 09-30-2018 10:11 PM

Thank goodness that Desormeaux wasn't in the irons.
Y'all woulda gone berserk! LOLOLOL

linrom1 10-01-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

This is nothing new. It's called 'Baffert's other entry' phenomenon.

Track Phantom 10-01-2018 01:02 PM

For those of you that use Formulator, there are many filters you can select for a data query. Blinkers on, blinkers off, first time turf, etc. I think drugs on and drugs off would be valuable. I don't think Abel Tasman had her usual concoction. I really mean that. I think these trainers cycle in and out of what they use, likely because the effects may wear off over long-term use.

It's the only explanation that makes sense. Anything else should have been discovered by a trainer of his stature. In addition, it makes the situation all the more problematic that his other runner, Vale Dori, who looked to be done with racing, wins the race.

My honest opinion is it has more to do with what these two runners were given, and not given, prior to the race.

letswastemoney 10-01-2018 01:10 PM

I bet La Force to show, so I'm happy.

Immortal6 10-01-2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afleet (Post 2378033)

My 10-1 futures wager on Elate in the distaff looks much better today :ThmbUp:

GMB@BP 10-01-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immortal6 (Post 2378327)
My 10-1 futures wager on Elate in the distaff looks much better today :ThmbUp:

Elate is injured and not running.

Afleet 10-01-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2378342)

and Hofburg not running also

Immortal6 10-02-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2378342)

Damn, I wasn't aware of that.