Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   bigfoot body found in georgia. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49784)

juanepstein 08-15-2008 11:33 PM

bigfoot body found in georgia.

Greyfox 08-15-2008 11:56 PM

Hmm?

3 DNA samples submitted show that
1. human
2. possum
3. undetermined.

The undetermined, has now been celebrated by the submitters as proof.
Hmm?

boxcar 08-16-2008 11:48 AM

Up until there's been no excuse for...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyfox
3 DNA samples submitted show that
1. human
2. possum
3. undetermined.

The undetermined, has now been celebrated by the submitters as proof.
Hmm?

They'll come up with a name for the Undetermined in short order. After all, I believe some of its offspring have been posting on this forum for some time now, which is why so many of us have been at a loss to explain the existence of such lifeforms as Hcap, Zilly, Sec, Light, etc. up until now. But the discovery of this mysterious creature might prove to the be the real missing link that will provide us with some answers.

Boxcar

equicom 08-17-2008 03:13 AM

What I don't understand is that if this is legitimate, why did they submit DNA samples instead of just turning over the entire body for examination, photographs etc? Even taxidermy would have been a valid posibility.

However, if it is not legitimate, then why go through the process of submitting DNA samples? They would know that the testing would come up negative, so they wouldn't do it (logically).

Also, if the DNA samples came up human, then why haven't they been arrested? At the very least they've broken some law about the handling of human remains, if they geuninely have submitted human DNA from a corpse.

Also, if this really were bigfoot, why wouldn't it have DNA resembling human DNA? The creature has always been described as "humanoid" and since it is of an undertermined species (presuming it exists) then we'd have no idea how closely its DNA would resemble human DNA. One theory could be that the "bigfoot" species is really just humans that were born with too much hair and big feet, so they were laughed out of town and went feral.

Why would there be 3 different types of DNA, and wouldn't it be obvious that submitting DNA from 3 different animals would be counter-productive?

Why hasn't anybody raised questions about how the creature was killed? If these guys shot it, they could have either committed murder or wiped out an endangered species.

The face of the creature in the freezer does not look human or possum. It has a gorilla-like mouth, almost no nose (so it is not a gorilla), and a neanderthal-looking chin. The absence of hair around the eyes shows a much paler skin than would be normally associated with a gorilla.

It certainly looks hominid and unfortunately the weird looking "entrails" or whatever it is that is present in the picture, makes it much more difficult to properly identify the body structure.

The handling of the body is all wrong, and it should not have been stuffed in a freezer like that. They should have taken it to a building with a proper walk-in freezer or to a morgue.

dav4463 08-17-2008 03:31 AM

If they found him dead in the woods they probably didn't really know what to do so they stuck him in the freezer and waited to figure it out!

If it really is Bigfoot, I predict the Loch Ness monster will get jealous and show himself soon!

Also, GhostHunters will come up with a clear appartion on film and the Roswell incident will be revealed as true!

equicom 08-17-2008 03:37 AM

I think a cop would know how to deal with a corpse and the importance of "preservation of remains". One of the discoverers was a cop, and probably could have used his contacts to arrange for proper transport and storage of the body. Therefore I am a little bit suspicious and skeptical of the claims, but keeping an open mind until there is concrete evidence.

If it does turn out to be a hoax I will be disappointed. Hoaxes just waste everybody's time and distract us from finding legitimate evidence of spooky phenomena. They also make it much harder for other people who find genuine evidence of something.

So I am hoping it is real, but expecting it to be a hoax at this stage. I do think it is possible.

Shenanigans 08-17-2008 09:17 AM

It is a hoax.

First, if anyone finds something like that in the woods I have a hard time believing that they would not immediately contact authorities and the press and show this thing as it was dragged out of the woods.
Second, two men dragging a 7 foot, 500 pound dead creature out of the woods is impossible! They were hiking so we know they weren't on four wheelers. I have helped an ex-boyfriend drag a dead deer out of the woods. It weighed less than 200 pounds and it still was no easy task.
Third, supposedly, these men had a camera with them. If you came up on something like this in the woods you would be shooting pics of it. It was proven also that the shot they did take of a live big foot in the woods is a hoax. Enough said.

kenwoodallpromos 08-17-2008 11:39 AM

1/2

1/2 human, 1/2 bigfoot. killed by a possum!

Tom 08-17-2008 12:37 PM

:1:/:2: :lol:

Hogzilla killed it!

Greyfox 08-17-2008 12:46 PM

Hogzilla.

Greyfox 08-17-2008 12:50 PM

More Evidence of Big Foot

Here's more evidence of Big Foot. Or was that Michael Phelps print?

http://www.junkbrosnews.com/2006/11/big-foot-steve.jpg.

Tom 08-17-2008 01:19 PM

Al Gore's carbon footprint!

Greyfox 08-17-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom

You just won short quip of the year! :lol: :lol:

lilmegahertz 08-17-2008 04:50 PM

I hope our dear, sweet Bigfoot in Oregon lays low for awhile 'til this gets cleared up.......

Tom 08-17-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyfox

Ya want 'slaw on this? :lol:

bigmack 08-19-2008 05:18 PM

A statement on the group's Web site, SearchingForBigfoot.com, says members Tom Biscardi and Robert Schmalzbach examined the supposed Sasquatch's frozen remains for the first time on Sunday, two days after holding a press conference to announce the find, only to discover it was a fake.

"Within the next hour of thaw, a break appeared up near the feet area. ... I observed the foot which looked unnatural, reached in and confirmed it was a rubber foot," :lol::lol: wrote Steve Kulls, a self-described "Sasquatch detective" (I can hear it now - FREEZE SUCKA - SASQUATCH DETECTIVE) :lol::lol: who accompanied Biscardi and Schmalzbach during their examination of the body.

Kulls, writing on SearchingForBigfoot.com, said the group later on Sunday attempted to recover their money from Dyer and Whitton, but claimed the two men had already fled a California hotel room where they had been staying.

http://content.pyzam.com/funnypics/s...footUndies.jpg

http://www.bearskinrug.co.uk/_articl...otted/hero.jpg

Steve 'StatMan' 08-19-2008 11:20 PM

Rrrrrrrruuuubber Big Foot?! Bow Bow Bow

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080820/.../bigfoot_claim

rastajenk 08-20-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equicom
If it does turn out to be a hoax I will be disappointed

:rolleyes:

equicom 08-20-2008 10:59 AM

Well, who wouldn't be disappointed? I mean, Bigfoot... how cool is that?!

JustRalph 08-20-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ThmbUp:

46zilzal 08-20-2008 02:12 PM

EVERY LARGE MAMMAL, every one on the planet, leaves remains: bones, dead ones, which allow naturalists to study them.

Add to that the myths, AROUND THE WORLD, of hairy humanoid creatures mysteriously living amongst us, and the debunking is complete.

equicom 08-20-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46zilzal
EVERY LARGE MAMMAL, every one on the planet, leaves remains: bones, dead ones, which allow naturalists to study them.

Except that the world is a very large place and there are many parts undiscovered. Otherwise the remains of missing persons would be found much more often than they are. Sometimes things are just lying around waiting to be discovered. Even dinosaurs were not discovered until the 19th century.

Quote:

Add to that the myths, AROUND THE WORLD, of hairy humanoid creatures mysteriously living amongst us, and the debunking is complete.

That would seem to imply the opposite of a debunking. If there were many reports from various unrelated peoples of having seen or heard of such creatures, that would tend to suggest that such creatures are more likely to exist than not.

It's a shame that in this case these people have exploited the enthusiasm of the people who want to understand the world's mysteries by seeking to trick them and waste their time with a hoax. All this did was get a bit of publicity for the cotume rental people and possibly a free ad for the freezer manufacturer ("Westinghouse.... enough room to stuff a monster in").

46zilzal 08-20-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equicom
Except that the world is a very large place and there are many parts undiscovered. Otherwise the remains of missing persons would be found much more often than they are. Sometimes things are just lying around waiting to be discovered. Even dinosaurs were not discovered until the 19th century.

That would seem to imply the opposite of a debunking. If there were many reports from various unrelated peoples of having seen or heard of such creatures, that would tend to suggest that such creatures are more likely to exist than not.

It's a shame that in this case these people have exploited the enthusiasm of the people who want to understand the world's mysteries by seeking to trick them and waste their time with a hoax. All this did was get a bit of publicity for the cotume rental people and possibly a free ad for the freezer manufacturer ("Westinghouse.... enough room to stuff a monster in").

You never took Zoology did you?? as this post is laughable: when the
Celocanth was discovered there was a furor in the field of Biology and Ichthyology as the habitat was the key and this one HAD been thought of being extinct. Many have been found since.

ACTIVE large primates, NOT fossils, are always dying in their habitat and the skeletal remains are found. NO remains? BUNK and superstition abound.

As to the second, Un-educated people start these myths to fill in the blanks in thier understanding of the world......The local first nations people have the same voodoo about a monster near an inland lake here.

Tom 08-20-2008 03:57 PM

Unless BigFoot lives on the moon and takes the shuttle-ship here to walk around. That might be why we never go back to the moon......

juanepstein 08-20-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dav4463
If they found him dead in the woods they probably didn't really know what to do so they stuck him in the freezer and waited to figure it out!

If it really is Bigfoot, I predict the Loch Ness monster will get jealous and show himself soon!

Also, GhostHunters will come up with a clear appartion on film and the Roswell incident will be revealed as true!

they just recently found out that time travel is possible.

but you can only go back to when you first started up the machine and the machine has to constantly be running.

and by the way ghost are real. me and my neighbors go through alot of phenomenon around here. we belive that it might native american spirits because these places were built ib the 70's. but for me in the last month iwas lying in bed the a sound of a large bird taking flight about two feet next to me scared the craap out of me. the sound came from the interior wall not from the window on the exterior wall. i heard a faint music box playing by my leaded crystal candy container which on another day the lid was lifted up and set back down on its side. i didnt see it happen but i heard the clank of crystal glass and then looked over. the lid sits into the jar a whole inch and its heavy crystal. i guess he wanted some jolly ranchers,lol.

but in the past i saw a big blob of cloudy light from my door eye piece moving slowly toward the door bell side of my door. as soom as it got to the outer wall of my condo you heard theis sound of someone running across roof to the other side of my home real fast. its a pitched roof with spanish tiles,theres no possible way someone could do that. but my neighbors and me here people walking on our roofs all the time and when we check it out there is nothing there. theres more stuff thats happened but im not gonna go all day writing about it.

in the 90's we remodeled upton sinclairs house in monrovia a few mile away from the santa anita race track. it at the very top of myrtle avenue which in his day was his drive way. but that place was spooky it hadnt changed since he was there. always felt like someone was watching you work,the water would turn on in his bathroom,doors would shut close or open. the painter worked on the ground and lived in a small house in the back yard. he said he was constantly going in the house at night to turn off lights that would turn on by themselves. he said he even saw projected shadows from light being casted on to the window curtain or blinds from the inside.

heres the house after we remodeled it.

http://pics4.city-data.com/cpic/ufiles1521.jpg

equicom 08-20-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

You never took Zoology did you??

Actually yes I did, as part of my studies. We had to study the classification of animals and various aspects of biology and zoology. It is a personal interest of mine and I have a friend that is a zoologist. I live almost next door to the University.

Quote:

ACTIVE large primates, NOT fossils, are always dying in their habitat and the skeletal remains are found.

But you are claiming that the remains are always found, which is not true. Some new species of creatures are still being discovered. We don't know everything about our planet and there are still many areas that are not explored or which are rarely visited (eg. south west Tasmania).

I have not said at any time that I expect bigfoot will be found, but I do say that you're misleading people if you're telling them that no remains equals no creatures. It is simply untrue. Scientifically unlikely that nobody has found remains of such a creature (and indeed they may have already and not known what it was and not reported).

You also fail to take into account many factors. Life span, lack of predators, shyness etc.

Again I strongly point out that I am not claiming bigfoot exists or that I believe it will be found. I am claiming that your argument is not well-reasoned.

I do, however, think it would be extremely cool if it was found. Nobody can deny how cool that would be.

Actually.... I just figured out.... maybe you are Bigfoot, and this is a classic case of misdirection! You're getting us all looking one way while you sneak off into the woods in the opposite direction.

toetoe 08-20-2008 05:22 PM

Thanks For Cluing Me In, Mack

So THAT'S what Comrade Putin is after in Georgia. Apparently this primate stole his skivvies AND spotted 'em all up. EEEEEEEEW ! Go get 'im, Vlad. :jump:

46zilzal 08-20-2008 05:31 PM

Let me repeat LARGE PRIMATE remains of every species of earth have been discovered. LARGE PRIMATES.

If these were so rampant as the myths would predicit, then there would be skeletal remains all over their suppossed range. There has NEVER been a single bit of evidence to suggest they exist, not a single one, yet, there are hundreds of examples of even pre-historic remains found all the time.

No evidence? these creatures, (WITHOUT any evidence to suggest even a relatead animal form) remain the myth they should be.

equicom 08-20-2008 05:34 PM

Link one regarding discovery of new species 2005

Note click on the "Next photo" links on that page to see 4 other species, complete with details of each.

Link two regarding new species 2008

and

Link three regarding TWENTY ONE new species found in 2007

I could go on all day, but I think I have sufficiently proved which part of his anatomy Zilly was speaking from when he took a shot at me.

heh.... and no "remains" of these creatures discovered before the creatures themselves were discovered.... :)

46zilzal 08-20-2008 05:44 PM

There have benn thousands of intermediate and small animals found all over the place, but NO LARGE PRIMATES. You think of a LARGE TIGER were around, a LARGE MOOSE, or other LARGE primates they would go unnoticed in this over-populated world of ours?

These little animals mean absoultely nothing to this argument NOR are any of them in an area where this other one is suppossedly found. Never found so much as a jawbone from a Yeti, Yowie Yeren or Orang Pendak either...All a hoax

My undergraduate degree is IN ZOOLOGY, and these piddly bits of evidence would never hold up in a debate ON THE SUBJECT of this mythical LARGE PRIMATE.

Poor debating skill exposed for NO EVIDENCE.

equicom 08-20-2008 05:55 PM

Come off it... did you see the size of that tree kangaroo? It was bigger than many species of monkeys but wasn't discovered until 3 years ago in one of the most densely populated countries on earth.

Or how about the TWENTY ONE species recently discovered in Vietnam? Not itty bitty spiders or whatever, but also large primates... specifically:

Quote:

and the highest known concentration of the white-cheeked crested gibbon
See, a large primate. I'm onto you Zilly. I know you are Bigfoot and just trying to misdirect us into not noticing.

46zilzal 08-20-2008 05:58 PM

A GIBBON is not a large primate akin to the size of this SUPPOSSED big foot. Predator size, not an aboreal midget averaging about 15 pounds.

equicom 08-20-2008 06:04 PM

Never watched "The Goodies" did you?

Tom 08-20-2008 07:41 PM

There IS a GOD! :lol::lol::lol:

Shenanigans 08-21-2008 08:38 PM

Quote:

There have benn thousands of intermediate and small animals found all over the place, but NO LARGE PRIMATES. You think of a LARGE TIGER were around, a LARGE MOOSE, or other LARGE primates they would go unnoticed in this over-populated world of ours?

These little animals mean absoultely nothing to this argument NOR are any of them in an area where this other one is suppossedly found. Never found so much as a jawbone from a Yeti, Yowie Yeren or Orang Pendak either...All a hoax

My undergraduate degree is IN ZOOLOGY, and these piddly bits of evidence would never hold up in a debate ON THE SUBJECT of this mythical LARGE PRIMATE.

Poor debating skill exposed for NO EVIDENCE.

Ummmmmm...... maybe you need to read this:http://environment.newscientist.com/...the-congo.html Don't try spinning this one Zillyboy.

BTW, I am an avid hiker and enjoy exploring remote, unscathed, "rarely visited by humans" forests. I have never stumbled upon remains of a bear or cougar. These animals undoubtedly die from natural causes but I have yet to find any of their remains.

46zilzal 08-22-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Ummmmmm...... maybe you need to read this:http://environment.newscientist.com/...the-congo.html Don't try spinning this one Zillyboy.

BTW, I am an avid hiker and enjoy exploring remote, unscathed, "rarely visited by humans" forests. I have never stumbled upon remains of a bear or cougar. These animals undoubtedly die from natural causes but I have yet to find any of their remains.

You guys are so out of touch with reality it is frightening. There were NO NEW LARGE primate species discovered. Sadly with the announcement of this refuge, these poor giants will be the subject of hunting and all our viral and bacterial infections they are so prone to getting.

You need a GLOBAL perspective and an education

Talk to the naturalists at a reputable source like the Smithsonian where thye have samples of ALL the LARGE PRIMATES out there. They are the ones that go out to search for these and have found them all. The world is a finite place with the only large areas left alone (discovery wise for animals) are under the oceans and near the poles.....

Shenanigans 08-22-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

You guys are so out of touch with reality it is frightening. There were NO NEW LARGE primate species discovered. Sadly with the announcement of this refuge, these poor giants will be the subject of hunting and all our viral and bacterial infections they are so prone to getting.

You need a GLOBAL perspective and an education

Talk to the naturalists at a reputable source like the Smithsonian where thye have samples of ALL the LARGE PRIMATES out there. They are the ones that go out to search for these and have found them all. The world is a finite place with the only large areas left alone (discovery wise for animals) are under the oceans and near the poles.....

Oh, this is so funny, we knew you would spin this to your liking - now it's "no new large primate". The whole point of posting that article is to prove how wrong you are about your "global" theories. The earth isn't as small as you perceive it to be - there are still areas - non-ocean and non-pole that are still being discovered and uncovered. How do you think all of these new species are found???
It sounds like you are the one that needs a new perspective and an education. It is quite obvious your lifetime of attending college has only helped you in attaining a closed mind - not to mention a stinking, heaping mound of arrogance that seems to always have you covered up to the neck.

Tom 08-22-2008 11:29 AM

The celecant was extinct for millions of years....until we caught one.
Giant squids exist, but there is little physical evidence.

46zilzal 08-22-2008 11:31 AM

The whole topic of this article is about a MYTHOLOGICAL animal with NO typcial evidence which naturalist's would use to document it's existence: a previously UNKNOWN, for real, large primate.

Get with the program and quit some parallel baloney about the numbers of animals already documented and real as opposed to this myth. They are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

Yes, like most enlgihtened individuals, I am a lifetime student: always will be.

Greyfox 08-22-2008 12:08 PM

Yeti To Find Them.

Confuscious say:

"New primates to be identified are probable, but we are not "yeti" able to find them."