Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Handicapping Software (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "My Way" Software New From Pitlak! (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29533)

Maxspa 07-18-2006 01:05 PM

"My Way" Software New From Pitlak!

All,
Bob Pitlak has developed a new software called "My Way". It is his most sophisticated program, that is a combination of some of the other software offerings he has devised.
The best option is to go to his web site at www.spots-bet-advantage.com and see the various handicapping aspects that you can use.
It is reasonably priced with special discounts for prior purchases.
This sounds like an advertisement for his product but it is not. His work has always piqued my interest.
Maxspa-software junkie!

Dave Schwartz 07-18-2006 01:05 PM

Link no-workie.

kitts 07-18-2006 01:22 PM

Change "spots" to "sports"

kev 07-18-2006 01:23 PM

Maxspa 07-18-2006 01:23 PM

Pitlak Group-Correct Web Site Address!

Dave and All,
If I could only spell sports properly! What a dumbXXX!!!
This is the correct Web site address.
www.sports-bet-advantage.com

Sorry,
Maxspa

headhawg 07-18-2006 01:26 PM

And don't try to view the page with Firefox. Ouch! Try using IE for a better display.

John 07-22-2006 08:06 PM

Maxspa,

A little help please How is this software supposed help you win. I can not find a screen that ranks the contenders..

Where is Bob. He is a member I think.

Lefty 07-23-2006 11:53 AM

John, from what I read it creates an odds line: either from the weighting you give your fav factors or from his defaults.

John 07-23-2006 04:48 PM

Thanks Lefty.

Sounds like the same old, same old.

vtbob 07-24-2006 02:19 PM

MyWay

The idea behind MyWay is to help YOU create a personal odds line, then look for overlays. It does this by calculating an INITIAL odds line based on factors that YOU have selected for the particular type of race (sprint, turf, maiden, etc.). Next, it provides a great deal of data, (previous matchup races, Sartin velocities, weighted speed points, pedigree ratings, etc) which you can use to refine those initial odds. Finally, it helps you improve by tracking helping you track your wagers (by type of race, surface, odds, etc.) and update them with the results. It does a lot of work for you, but YOU still have to be the handicapper.

46zilzal 07-24-2006 02:23 PM

Frank Sinatra had nothing to do with this program??

Maxspa 08-02-2006 01:28 PM

My Way!

All,
Back from Saratoga and received "My Way" in the mail. The program installed quickly and easily. While checking out the features, I found "My Way's" workout evaluations may enhance my handicapping approach. At Saratoga where "Maidens" are prevalent at the races as well as "Siros" it may be a very valuable tool to one's handicapping arsenal.
Maxspa

PlanB 08-02-2006 06:10 PM

re: 1st time starters. I won't even consider betting a firster if there isn't a
Workout from the gate in its last or next-to-last workouts. And that last
WO must be within 7 days of today's race. Is there anyone here with a DB
to test this idea, maybe Ron Tiller. who gave great stats before.

vtbob 08-05-2006 06:21 PM

Sinatra

No, but I don't think he would have minded. I'm was (and still am) one of his solid fans.

John 08-05-2006 09:40 PM

vtbob / Sinatra

Amen to that. :)

Lefty 08-05-2006 10:10 PM

What'swith all the Sinatra? Paul Anka wrote it, albeit for Sinatra but Elvis sang it better than anybody.

John 08-06-2006 09:03 AM

Your right Lefty Elvis did a good job on that song. but Frank lived the words.

vtbob 09-03-2008 03:34 PM

MyWay Summary Page

Once you have finished adjusting your personal line on the horses, a button labelled "Summary" brings up a page which summarizes a long list of items for each horse, including the Sartin Calcs based on the PP line you have chosen for each horse. The top section shows the horses listed in the order of the odds you have set for each.

This is not an automatic selection system. It does start you off with a betting line that is based on criteria you have set for each type of race. However, from there on, it shows you data on workouts, Sartin Velocities, Weighted Speed (ala Klein) and Long Shot points, Spot Play angles, Head-to-head matchups, etc. You then adjust the odds as you see fit. It's then up to you to bet the horse with the lowest odds or, more often, the one representing the greates value.

vtbob 09-03-2008 03:37 PM

Sinatra and My Way

Actually, Frank inspired the creation of this program, only it wasn't in singing My Way. It was in "That's Life" where he sang, "I've been up and down and over and out..."

Donnie 09-03-2008 04:07 PM

Hey Bob...
you've got someone over here trying to get ahold of you.....

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=50061

Tom Barrister 09-04-2008 02:11 AM

I wasn't aware that "My Way" was new. I would have sworm I saw it on Bob's site over a year ago.

Lefty 09-04-2008 02:49 AM

TB, you're right. A friend of mine was using it well over a yr ago.

Speed Figure 09-04-2008 02:56 AM

As for me, I wasn't saying it was new. I was just asking was anyone using it and how did they like it.

dav4463 09-04-2008 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty
What'swith all the Sinatra? Paul Anka wrote it, albeit for Sinatra but Elvis sang it better than anybody.

Sid Vicious had an awesome version too!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=aLC3uT3aCoE

dartman51 09-05-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Barrister
I wasn't aware that "My Way" was new. I would have sworm I saw it on Bob's site over a year ago.

It's my understanding that there is a NEW version. V4 I think. I have V3.

Speed Figure 09-15-2008 05:58 PM

I just can't seem to get an answer to the questions I have from him. Two emails sent on 8/24/08 & 8/30/08 nothing. 1 PM, nothing. It's hard to spend $249 on something and not get an answer to your questions.

IrishRail76 09-22-2008 11:04 PM

My Way 4 is an excellent program.

I review systems and methods, plus write other materials for several thoroughbred publications, some online and some published.

I reviewed "My Way 4" and was absolutely blown away.

It is the best thoroughbred software that I have ever tested. Here's a quick sample from my review:

Right out of the box, with absolutely no setup, the top two choices won six of eight races at Del Mar, plus three trifectas and one Superfecta. If you had problems with the Summer Meet of 2008 at Del Mar, then you know the weight of those results alone.

After actually setting up the program, the results were even better. It's that good.

Donnie 09-22-2008 11:11 PM

Irish---
Where can a person read your reviews? Where online? Always interested in an unbiased review of the different software products, although I am pretty partial to HTR! :cool:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Speed Figure 09-22-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishRail76
I review systems and methods, plus write other materials for several thoroughbred publications, some online and some published.

I reviewed "My Way 4" and was absolutely blown away.

It is the best thoroughbred software that I have ever tested. Here's a quick sample from my review:

Right out of the box, with absolutely no setup, the top two choices won six of eight races at Del Mar, plus three trifectas and one Superfecta. If you had problems with the Summer Meet of 2008 at Del Mar, then you know the weight of those results alone.

After actually setting up the program, the results were even better. It's that good.

You reviewed this where?

IrishRail76 09-23-2008 07:15 AM

Hi. Almost all of my reviews are published in the Phillips Racing Newsletter, and other printed media.

Online, I am the Feature Editor for ThoroStats.com, and you can find some of my articles there.

Take care..........Jim

IrishRail76 09-23-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie@HTR
Irish---
Where can a person read your reviews? Where online? Always interested in an unbiased review of the different software products, although I am pretty partial to HTR! :cool:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Hi. Most of my software reviews are published in the Phillips Racing Newsletter.
I have been writing for them for about three years.

Online, I am the Feature Editor for ThoroStats.com. Those are articles, but they are informative, entertaining, and are available at your convenience. Jim

Donnie 09-23-2008 07:31 AM

Thanks Jim! I'll check it out!
BOL!

ryesteve 09-23-2008 09:28 AM

Quote:

Right out of the box, with absolutely no setup, the top two choices won six of eight races at Del Mar, plus three trifectas and one Superfecta.

So let me recap... out of the box you won 6 of 8, had 3 tris and a super... and then after setting it up, the results improved even further.

Am I the only one senses a problem here?

IrishRail76 09-23-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryesteve
So let me recap... out of the box you won 6 of 8, had 3 tris and a super... and then after setting it up, the results improved even further.

Am I the only one senses a problem here?

The only problem that I see is that you quoted me out of context.

I believe that I wrote "...the top two choices won 6 of 8...etc."

Your reply stated "...you won 6 of 8...etc."

To me, there is a difference.

The more important point is that My Way 4 is not a black box program that cranks out picks.

It is a powerful tool that has been designed to extract the maximum amount of valuable targeted data possible from your data files and databases, thus allowing you to make wagering decisions based on extremely accurate models that you can adjust and control.

I've been using thoroughbred handicapping software since 1990, and publishing reviews for the past three years.

In that time, My Way 4 is near the top of my all time list for quality, value and results. In my opinion, it meets or exceeds the highest levels of excellence within its genre.

ryesteve 09-23-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

The more important point is that My Way 4 is not a black box program that cranks out picks.

Yes, I already assumed that from looking at the website. And since you brought it up, if it's not a black box, how did you arrive at those out-of-the-box selections that were so spectacularly profitable?

completebill 09-24-2008 07:33 PM

fts GATE WORKS

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlanB
re: 1st time starters. I won't even consider betting a firster if there isn't a
Workout from the gate in its last or next-to-last workouts. And that last
WO must be within 7 days of today's race. Is there anyone here with a DB
to test this idea, maybe Ron Tiller. who gave great stats before.

I've not seen a database test of your "requirement", but my own experience and that of my son, a trainer, is to the contrary.My son, for a period of time, was THE trainer, on the farm, for Golden Eagle Farms, in their heyday. He broke many a million dollar plus horse, and sent them to the track, to many big-name trainers, about 30 days ready to run.
NONE of these horses had, or needed, gate works in the 3 or 4 works prior to debut, at the track.
Indeed, horses who are showing gate works in the last couple of works prior to their debut are very probably horses that have gate problems, and have not yet been gate-approved by the Starter

John 09-25-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by completebill
I've not seen a database test of your "requirement", but my own experience and that of my son, a trainer, is to the contrary.My son, for a period of time, was THE trainer, on the farm, for Golden Eagle Farms, in their heyday. He broke many a million dollar plus horse, and sent them to the track, to many big-name trainers, about 30 days ready to run.
NONE of these horses had, or needed, gate works in the 3 or 4 works prior to debut, at the track.
Indeed, horses who are showing gate works in the last couple of works prior to their debut are very probably horses that have gate problems, and have not yet been gate-approved by the Starter

Completbill, I agree with you. If a first time starter needs a gate card. all the horse has to do is come out of the gate clean for the starter . no need to run 3 or 4 furlongs. many horses do this without a drill workout.

Lefty 09-30-2008 09:45 PM

Irish, i'd like that q answered too: How did you make those superb pks right outta the box?

precisionk 10-18-2008 11:11 AM

Anyone else have this software, care to reply? Does it come with a manual describing how to use the software or does it only describe how to install it?

Its tough finding programs that can use the cheap Brisnet as I can't find many that do, since I do get to the races that often to pay $150 a month for data services.

Lefty 10-20-2008 01:49 PM

there's a ton of software that uses Bris or Tsn files, Go here and look under software.
JCapper, Equisim and Watt are three good ones that come to mind.

http://www.horse-races.net/