Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Runhappy, the documentary... (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148608)

MargieRose 11-09-2018 12:33 AM

Runhappy, the documentary...

One of my all-time favorites! Found him early-on at Turfway Park, and although running very green, he sure got my attention.

Brass Hat 11-09-2018 10:58 AM

Looking forward to seeing it. You never hear about that horse any more.

dilanesp 11-09-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brass Hat (Post 2394084)

Yeah. Not at all. They should sponsor some NYRA stakes or something.

SG4 11-09-2018 04:02 PM

Looks like his weanlings were selling quite nicely this week so that advertising is paying off perhaps. His debut race is one of my all-time faves to watch

bobphilo 11-11-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Really? They run ads for him all the time on TVG showing him racing and now his foals.

bobphilo 11-11-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2394087)
Yeah. Not at all. They should sponsor some NYRA stakes or something.

I think the Travers is sponsored by him. It's even called the Runhappy Travers.
I was a big fan of his. It's a shame he went off form in his comeback races. They were even pointing him towards the BC Classic.

SG4 11-11-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobphilo (Post 2395270)
Really? They run ads for him all the time on TVG showing him racing and now his foals.

This is why we need a font to show sarcasm

picojim 11-11-2018 10:51 PM

bobphilo 11-11-2018 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SG4 (Post 2395418)
This is why we need a font to show sarcasm

Tell me about it. That's why I never text. Give me a real human voice where I can detect tones anytime.

ZippyChippy423 11-13-2018 10:50 PM

This is a serious question so I won’t even mention her name because I believe it’s forbidden on here. My question is does MB have anything to do with how successful Run Happy was? Does she have anything to do with how successful this horse has been marketed?

castaway01 11-13-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobphilo (Post 2395451)
Tell me about it. That's why I never text. Give me a real human voice where I can detect tones anytime.

Yeah, imagine if you had nearly 2000 posts on a medium where everything went by how you interpreted text with no tone. That would be really crazy. Good thing you're steering clear of that texting.

(That was sarcasm.)

davew 08-05-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZippyChippy423 (Post 2396263)
This is a serious question so I won’t even mention her name because I believe it’s forbidden on here. My question is does MB have anything to do with how successful Run Happy was? Does she have anything to do with how successful this horse has been marketed?

I would say no, some horses are great despite what connections do.

A 28 minute show on youtube, linked a couple posts above by picojim.

dilanesp 08-05-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

My guess is (1) Borell was a perfectly competent at training a good horse; (2) many other people, given the opportunity to train a good horse, would probably also do a good job at it, though some might screw it up; and (3) obviously whatever Borell's talents as a horsewoman, her conduct speaks for itself.

Fager Fan 08-06-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

:lol:

Fager Fan 08-06-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Most trainers will tell you that the easiest horses to train are often the best ones. They're already good, already talented, nothing to particularly figure out with them. It's not as though MB was the horse's trainer from the beginning either.

I have no idea what you even mean about the marketing question. What does she have to do with his marketing?