Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pegasus World Cup PPs (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156214)

Blenheim 01-22-2020 06:21 PM

Pegasus World Cup PPs

GMB@BP 01-22-2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blenheim (Post 2556667)

On figures, and guessing this is for the other services, it looks like Spun to Run has a sizable advantage.

SkunkApe 01-22-2020 08:52 PM

Yeah, I don’t get this.

Omaha Beach is off for nearly six months, comes back and wins a sprint.

Has his choice of the sprint, the Classic, or the mile in the Breeder’s cup. Mitole? Nope. Vino Rosso, McKinzie, Higher Power? Nope. I’ll take Spun to Run for 2 million, Alex.

Then loses.

Now comes back against one of the horses he didn’t face in the Classic, and the horse that beat him in the mile, and he’s this huge favorite? I don’t get it. Maybe it's the distance, but OB always seemed like a miler to me. Maybe Spun’s busy schedule? Somebody ‘splain it to me.

Leaning towards singling Spun...Looking hard at War Story, Higher Power, and Mr. Freeze.

Blenheim 01-22-2020 09:28 PM

Smokin' on the grass . . .

Two smokin' 7f works on the grass by Diamond Oops, then a 3f blistering blow out from the gate - son! Never seen anything like that before. Sittin' tight on a 1:08.1 on the surface . . . Biancone pullin' out all the stops in this one.
~
A gelding in shape to run its best is the most trustworthy of Thoroughbreds.
Ainslie
~
Gonna be a fun race to handicap! :ThmbUp:

Suff 01-22-2020 11:35 PM

Figures

True Timber on the rail with Bravo has the 3rd highest last-race beyer, 101 same as OB. Diamond Opps & Spun are top 2. Looks like a dream field for Seeking the Soul. Tax and Higher Power hard to dismiss.

GMB@BP 01-22-2020 11:46 PM

Interesting with so much speed on the far outside and the short run into the turn.

Mulerider 01-23-2020 09:44 AM

Spun to Run to scratch due to skin disease, per Privman.

Immortal6 01-23-2020 10:37 AM

:1: distance is no fit, outclassed by many in here at distance. Toss
:2: can be just off pace and is 5)2-2-1 at distance, gotta use on bottoms of exotics
:3: others seem to be high on him due to recent works but I see a sprinter trying to go 9F. Unless the track is playing to loose leaders I’m tossing.
:4: soft spot for this horse but if anything he needs longer to get going. The way GP plays doesn’t suit him but he is good enough for a piece.
:5: your likely prohibitive favorite. Going to a sprint and then dirt mile worries me not. Mandella knows what he is doing.
:6: if he gets an easy pace on/near the lead could be dangerous but I’m guessing DO and MG will set hot fractions. Still, he’s good enough for a piece.
:7: move to the Dobles barn and a cutback from his marathons was a success last out, guessing the horse will be ready to run, 9 ITM finishes at the distance.
:8: looks to be back on top form, breaks well and will be forwardly placed. Tom’s Detat would be my pick if he were here, and we’ll he’s not, so, contender.
:9: scratch, hives.
:10: Irad taking this mount over Tax (assuming he chose) is interesting. No works but the GP track should suit his running style. Use underneath.
:11: just don’t see it against this group. Toss.
:12: outside draw is no bueno. Guessing he’ll gun for the lead and fade around the far turn.

:5::8:/:5::7::8:/:2::4::5::6::7::8::10:

Hit the :5:/:8: ex box if the odds are there.

FenceBored 01-23-2020 11:25 AM

For a second the headline at the Bloodhorse Skin Rash Knocks Spun to Run Out of Pegasus had me thinking, "Who's Skin Rash's sire and what's he won that he can take Spun To Run's spot in the Pegasus?"

theiman 01-23-2020 01:55 PM

groupie doll 01-23-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theiman (Post 2556870)

Bummer. Hope the horse is okay; I was looking forward to playing against him on Sat though.

GMB@BP 01-23-2020 03:05 PM

meanwhile on twitter its utter glee that the horse had to scratch for a big race again, which if you were against him I really dont get, of course it appears to be a east/west thing again.

Tom 01-23-2020 03:19 PM

OB career over per TVG.

Bobskim 01-23-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2556902)
OB career over per TVG.

WOW! Odell Beckham... Shocked TVG broke the news, not ESPN.

jay68802 01-23-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2556898)
meanwhile on twitter its utter glee that the horse had to scratch for a big race again, which if you were against him I really dont get, of course it appears to be a east/west thing again.

Don't get it, who is happy a horse is injured?