Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Formely Matt Carothers thread, but hijacked by Vic (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147621)

ronsmac 09-22-2018 02:33 PM

Formely Matt Carothers thread, but hijacked by Vic

He needs to be a solo host. I have tvg on in the background and I'm barely paying attention to it, yet still annoyed at how many times Matt steps on Eurton and vice versa. I finally changed the channel. He's not bad on television just not good when he has to work with someone else.

turfnsport 09-22-2018 02:57 PM

Whoever he works with he interrupts nearly every sentence. He steps on everyone ALL the time. It's incredibly annoying. Nobody can finish a sentence when he is on the air.

I have been using RTN and the NYRA app to stream on TV lately, and the silence in between races is very relaxing.

Tom 09-22-2018 04:00 PM

He has been 10 years old for 30 years now.

thaskalos 09-22-2018 04:15 PM

If the TVG host isn't named Nick Hines...then I reach for the mute button.

Mike_412 09-22-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turfnsport (Post 2373938)
I have been using RTN and the NYRA app to stream on TV lately, and the silence in between races is very relaxing.

So much this. I bought a Roku prior to the Saratoga meet. Between the free NYRA Now app and buying a subscription to RTN playing from home has been much more enjoyable. Highly recommend to anyone on the fence.

Tom 09-22-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2373986)

Is that the Sarge guy?
He's always going "He yaw"
I though he was throwing up.:lol:

v j stauffer 09-22-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

What???

castaway01 09-22-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Don't lie, we know you're writing down Vic's picks...

v j stauffer 09-22-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castaway01 (Post 2374140)
Don't lie, we know you're writing down Vic's picks...

Even if he isn't. I KNOW I'm not on mute. Thasky will be listening for me to say something stupid that he can bust my balls about.

Warning: I'm on next weekend the 28th, 29th & 30th. Combination of TVG & TVG2.

v j stauffer 09-22-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turfnsport (Post 2373938)
Whoever he works with he interrupts nearly every sentence. He steps on everyone ALL the time. It's incredibly annoying. Nobody can finish a sentence when he is on the air.

Next time I do a shift on TVG 2 if you'd like I'll have you on as a guest handicapper.

Spice up the silence. :)

thaskalos 09-22-2018 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2374110)
What???

Truth be told...I've only seen you there once lately, and it was for a shorter-than-normal session. The other guys have a more "regular" working schedule...so, I naturally thought only of them when I made my prior "mute button" comment. No...I don't mute you out, VIc...and I particularly like when you go out on a limb once in a while. That's what I admire about The Sarge too. The other guys there are too "wishy-washy" for my taste. :ThmbDown:

thaskalos 09-22-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2374143)
Next time I do a shift on TVG 2 if you'd like I'll have you on as a guest handicapper.

Spice up the silence. :)

Does this offer apply to me, as well? But...I'd like you to know that, with me as a guest handicapper...you'd be lucky to get a word in edgewise.

NY BRED 09-22-2018 10:58 PM

TVG HOSTS

Matt actually ran his own show on TVG about three years ago.

I think the perfect co-host would be Simon who gives insight into breeding.
and/or Dave Weaver who provides picks based on the sheets.

v j stauffer 09-22-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2374150)
Truth be told...I've only seen you there once lately, and it was for a shorter-than-normal session. The other guys have a more "regular" working schedule...so, I naturally thought only of them when I made my prior "mute button" comment. No...I don't mute you out, VIc...and I particularly like when you go out on a limb once in a while. That's what I admire about The Sarge too. The other guys there are too "wishy-washy" for my taste. :ThmbDown:

The Sarge is a terrific handicapper. Has a feel like an elite player. Or at least what I hear elite players are like.

v j stauffer 09-22-2018 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2374152)
Does this offer apply to me, as well? But...I'd like you to know that, with me as a guest handicapper...you'd be lucky to get a word in edgewise.

Sure Thasky. First rule of broadcasting is don't bring on a guest that knows more than you. But what the heck. Columbus took a chance. You can come on too.