Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Arlington Million Day - anyone want to share a box? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166040)

tbwinner 08-03-2021 07:07 PM

Arlington Million Day - anyone want to share a box?

It's the last one and AP is the first track I ever went to. I hate to support CDI and their evil ways but I am nostalgic and want to go "one last time".

There boxes and/or turf club tables are a must buy thing where you have to buy all 5 or 6 seats etc. It will just be my wife and I. We are friendly.

If anyone is interested in sharing a box and splitting cost let me know. We can also pregame at Jimmy D's or somewhere across the street.

Hedevar 08-04-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbwinner (Post 2743289)
It's the last one and AP is the first track I ever went to. I hate to support CDI and their evil ways but I am nostalgic and want to go "one last time".

There boxes and/or turf club tables are a must buy thing where you have to buy all 5 or 6 seats etc. It will just be my wife and I. We are friendly.

If anyone is interested in sharing a box and splitting cost let me know. We can also pregame at Jimmy D's or somewhere across the street.

I would not give Churchill a dime. I will go to see it when it gets torn down. My first track also.

Mick 08-04-2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbwinner (Post 2743289)

Out of curiosity, how much do the seats cost? What day is the race on too?

I worked at and loved Arlington from the 1960's to the 1980's. I was too busy for horse racing, while working for a living, but I attended Arlington once a year or so off and on. The quality of racing declined too much to consider serious gambling there.

cj 08-04-2021 03:58 PM

Side note, know this year as the Mister D. stakes.

The_Turf_Monster 08-04-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2743464)
Side note, know this year as the Mister D. stakes.

And that purses have been cut

tbwinner 08-04-2021 06:14 PM

Yes the Million is now the "Mister D" and carries a 600k purse. They still have 7 stakes I believe that day on the turf and weather looking good at least this far ahead.

Boxes are $75 to $125 per seat, seats at a table in the Million Room are $100 each plus food. Boxes are 5 to 7 seats and Million tables are 4 seats.

Hedevar 08-05-2021 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbwinner (Post 2743510)
Yes the Million is now the "Mister D" and carries a 600k purse. They still have 7 stakes I believe that day on the turf and weather looking good at least this far ahead.

Boxes are $75 to $125 per seat, seats at a table in the Million Room are $100 each plus food. Boxes are 5 to 7 seats and Million tables are 4 seats.

Good money for Chad Brown? As for the costs, what do you expect?

Tom 08-06-2021 04:09 PM

Mister Deflated?