Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Handicapper's Corner (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   I'm going to UNLOAD on Mendelssohn (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145843)

Buckeye 07-05-2018 06:26 PM

I'm going to UNLOAD on Mendelssohn

on Saturday.

What do you think?

thaskalos 07-05-2018 08:12 PM

No. Save the $2 for a better spot.

ldiatone 07-05-2018 08:36 PM

yea, listen to Mozart

098poi 07-05-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldiatone (Post 2338044)
yea, listen to Mozart

:D

Robert Fischer 07-05-2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeye (Post 2338017)
on Saturday.

What do you think?

I wonder what your reasoning is.

And I wish you luck.

And I wonder why the hell the NYRA linemaker made Rugbyman 2/1 and Noble Indy a higher 7/2?? Looks like they were handicapping their opinion instead of the public. -Betting against Noble Indy, perhaps with a horse like Rugbyman was one of the reasons to play the Dwyer. Now you've got social proof working the wrong way against a popular underlay...

Robert Fischer 07-05-2018 11:13 PM

And he made Catholic Boy 4th choice in the Belmont Derby ml ?? :bang::bang:

The morning line is supposed to set the table.

You don't ****ing correct for underlays.

AJanks 07-05-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer (Post 2338061)

And I wish you luck.

And I wonder why the hell the NYRA linemaker made Rugbyman 2/1 and Noble Indy a higher 7/2?? Looks like they were handicapping their opinion instead of the public. -Betting against Noble Indy, perhaps with a horse like Rugbyman was one of the reasons to play the Dwyer. Now you've got social proof working the wrong way against a popular underlay...

NYRA linemaker is David Aragona now for what it is worth. He took over during this winter if I remember correctly. I have noticed since then that he isn't afraid to make horses below 1-1 on the ML at AQU/BEL/SAR. Seems as if he isn't a conventional ML maker.

Robert Fischer 07-05-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJanks (Post 2338068)
NYRA linemaker is David Aragona now for what it is worth. He took over during this winter if I remember correctly. I have noticed since then that he isn't afraid to make horses below 1-1 on the ML at AQU/BEL/SAR. Seems as if he isn't a conventional ML maker.

If it's really David Aragona I take back some of the harshness of my criticism. He is a smart guy, who I respect.

Not exactly the morning line I was hoping for when I looked at the form after seeing this thread, but I'm sure he knows how to make a line, and has had good mentors, and I'm sure he has a reasoning behind how he did what he did. :ThmbUp:

TheOracle 07-06-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer (Post 2338061)

And I wish you luck.

Since June 9th the Morning Line Favorites less than 3-1 have been winning at a 50% rate in Stakes races on both Dirt and Turf!!!

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/imag...akesjunjly.png

I will be keeping a close watch on the linemaker's Morning Line Favorites less than 3-1 in Stakes races tomorrow!!!

TheOracle 07-06-2018 03:08 PM

I have also noticed a strange phenomenon where the linemaker's Morning Line Favorites ends in 5 and Brown is the Trainer on the Turf at Belmont

The last 16 times it happened Brown's horse finished 2nd 10 times, that's quite a number of Exacta's with his horse underneath!!!

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/imag...lytrfmlfav.png

I am not sure of the Exacta payouts but I would imagine they were very profitable!!!

He has a place parlay of 10 in a row in this situation if I didn't know any better I would say he's doing it on purpose!!!

At any rate, let's also keep eye on the 5ers (Morning Lines ending with 5) on the Turf whenever Brown is the Trainer at Belmont!!!

letswastemoney 07-06-2018 06:24 PM

Mendelssohn's only proof of being proficient on dirt was the golden rail effort in Dubai, where the jockey urged him to the front.

He could win and live up to the hype, but he's hard to trust.

Buckeye 07-06-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer (Post 2338067)
And he made Catholic Boy 4th choice in the Belmont Derby ml ?? :bang::bang:

The morning line is supposed to set the table.

You don't ****ing correct for underlays.

I hit Catholic Boy, so no disagreement there . . .

My brother claims Justify will never ever lose again because he's that good!

I suffer from JDS-- Justify Derangement Syndrome.

Robert Fischer 07-06-2018 07:16 PM

Mendelssohn is a good horse. I'm with Letswastemoney in that I don't know how good.

Maybe this race is a cakewalk for him. No world-beaters in the field.

PhantomOnTour 07-06-2018 07:26 PM

Not impressed with this field at all

Suff 07-06-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letswastemoney (Post 2338276)
Mendelssohn's only proof of being proficient on dirt was the golden rail effort in Dubai, where the jockey urged him to the front.

He could win and live up to the hype, but he's hard to trust.

I'm off . He is an Ungelded Funnycide.
He was a 50-1 nobody who ran 2nd to US Navy Flag in the 1st G1 Darley Dewhurst. US Navy Flag is since 0-5 and done nothing. He got a trip from God in BC JuvTurf. Freaked in Dubia and thats that.

Its Rugbyman. He spotted the field 3 lengths in the Easygoer. Ran wide as well.
The winner and 2nd place finisher from his first race, both came back and won next out.

They are putting Blinkers on to keep him focused. I have Rugyman by 3 lengths over anybody in here.

I predict Seahenge pass's Mendelssohn tommorrow.