Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Religious (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88142)

hcap 08-02-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave
Belief in eternal damnation has kept people socialized for centuries. Nothing wrong with that.

Anyone who tells you do this or you will be eternally damned is fear mongering. What's wrong with rationality, compassion and other less hysterical means of getting along?. We can always cite Nazi Germany and Fascism as doing a great job getting the trains to run on schedule.

TJDave 08-02-2013 06:09 PM

As Pythagoras might say...

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTM Al
It would be awesome though wouldn't it?

Far-out, man!

Too bad he didn't surf.

hcap 08-02-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

And cult figure!

Anyone think we'll ever get an answer on the contradiction surrounding the birth of Jesus. I'm starting to think someone's evangelical Bible study workbooks must not have covered that one.....

Don't hold your breath.

In "Who Wants to be a Millionaire", the contestant is allowed to call a friend to see if the friend can help the contestant answer the question.

With all the evangelizing going on here, you would think a recent "convert" would give box a call and help in out.

Anyone ot there?

thaskalos 08-02-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Far-out, man!

Too bad he didn't surf.

Who's to say that he didn't surf?

He was born on an island, you know...

hcap 08-02-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

I think we have to stick with a Pre-Noah character for that flick. I think they claim the dinosaurs were wiped out in the flood or some such. Might be a little off on that one as when I heard it my brain started engaging emergency shut down procedures to avoid complete meltdown. It would be awesome though wouldn't it?

Let's see what a Creationist has to say.........

http://www.creationtoday.org/dinosau...85107421875000

Try this one on for size—and logic!

Here’s my theory about this dinosaur graveyard: About 6,000 years ago, God made everything in six literal 24-hour days. The world was mostly tropical (and mostly land rather than 70 percent water as it is today) from pole to pole and was loaded with plants and animals of all kinds, including dinosaurs (see Seminars #2 and #3). Then, about 4,400 years ago, there was a worldwide flood just as described in Genesis 6–8. Everything outside the ark drowned. Huge mats of dead animals and plants drifted around on the ocean for months. As the mountains rose ( Seminar #6), the mats or dead rotting debris would tend to collect along the newly formed beach, just as debris collects along the beaches or in eddies of rivers and lakes today.

The new, rising Rocky Mountains formed a great place for debris to gather, as central Canada still had shallow seas that covered flotsam by sediments as the waters were still receding and “going and returning” for a few months (see Seminar #6). The animal carcasses would tend to be sorted by density and body shape and buried in consecutive layers that later hardened into the rock strata we see today, and which the “willingly ignorant” claim are vastly different ages in the fictitious geologic column. Remember: fossils don’t form at all unless the animals are buried quickly after death. Maybe post-flood scavengers (or even animals that survived the first few months of the flood) gnawed on the bones? I think I will stick with the account given in God’s infallible Word rather than the silly fables taught in textbooks today.

boxcar 08-02-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

I'm praying, too. :ThmbUp:

That prayer must be to yourself, since you're an atheist.

Boxcar

boxcar 08-02-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcap
Let me guess.

A Jewish Muslim.......Jews for Allah?

A Muslim Jew..........Mohamids for Moses?

Evangelicals for Evolution.......Boxcars for Bonzo?
:lol:

You're the "Bonzo" since you can't answer my question about "Jews for Allah". Do you disown them, too?

Boxcar

TJDave 08-02-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcap
With all the evangelizing going on here, you would think a recent "convert" would give box a call and help in out.

If he would just use both hands it would save lots of time.

TJDave 08-02-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar
That prayer must be to yourself, since you're an atheist.

Boxcar

No.

I'm praying to Jesus.

hcap 08-02-2013 06:22 PM

Here's another

http://creation.com/dinosaur-herd-bu...mongolia-china

Dinosaur herd buried in Noah’s Flood in Inner Mongolia, China

An international team of scientists have uncovered graphic evidence of the deadly terror unleashed on a herd of dinosaurs as they were buried under sediment by the rising waters of Noah’s Flood in western Inner Mongolia (figure 1).1

boxcar 08-02-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

And cult figure!

Anyone think we'll ever get an answer on the contradiction surrounding the birth of Jesus. I'm starting to think someone's evangelical Bible study workbooks must not have covered that one.....

The much better question is does anyone think that I'll get an apology first from you for falsely accusing me of lying, or a defense from you for calling me a liar in the context of your 7030 and 7033?

Quid pro quo, Al;, that's the way it will have to work.

Boxcar

boxcar 08-02-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

No.

I'm praying to Jesus.

He doesn't listen to mockers.

Boxcar

OTM Al 08-02-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

The much better question is does anyone think that I'll get an apology first from you for falsely accusing me of lying, or a defense from you for calling me a liar in the context of your 7030 and 7033?

Quid pro quo, Al;, that's the way it will have to work.

Boxcar

Except that you did lie and that is the excuse you are really using to avoid the question, which makes a second lie. But keep denying Jesus. The cock is crowing for the third time.

OTM Al 08-02-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Far-out, man!

Too bad he didn't surf.

Can't talk for Pythagoras but I will give Jesus credit for surfing. That walking on water works as boardless surfing in my book.

TJDave 08-02-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

He doesn't listen to mockers.

I know.