Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Religious (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88142)

boxcar 07-31-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcap
You sure are one mean spirited sob. Amazing that you pursue this line of crap.
You make it up as you go along

Yes, I'm "mean spirited" because I call you out on the stench of your hypocrisy which wreaks to the pit of hell! Here's something for you to read out of the real deal Judaism:

Isa 29:13
13 Then the Lord said,

"Because this people draw near with their words
And honor Me with their lip service,
But they remove their hearts far from Me,
And their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote

NASB

This describes you to a tee! You draw near to Judaism with your lips when its convenient for you, but your heart is far removed from that religion! If you had any heart for Judaism, you would be a practitioner! But instead you pay lip service to Judaism when it suits you, but with your life and your deeds you deny it! Tell me, 'cap, when was the last time you darkened the threshold of a synagogue?

Moreover, the Orthodox Jews are far more tolerant than you are, Oh Preacher of Tolerance! Hear this:

Judaism maintains that the righteous of all nations have a place in the world to come. This has been the majority rule since the days of the Talmud. Judaism generally recognizes that Christians and Moslems worship the same G-d that we do and those who follow the tenets of their religions can be considered righteous in the eyes of G-d.

http://www.jewfaq.org/gentiles.htm

But you and TJ and Al -- all of you are self-righteous bigots! You condemn an entire group of Jews and try to deny them their birthright,their lineage and their ethnicity just because they don't believe the way your three tiny little minds think they should! TJ even went so far to say that he was "offended" by them!

Enjoy the burning coals -- the lot of you!

Boxcar

boxcar 07-31-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTM Al
Another deception. You cited them as a source of Jewish thought to bolster your ridiculous position.

Yes, I cited them as a source to define Hebrew terms translated in the OT "virgin or "maiden" and described them as Jewish Christians! So what? I would even imagine that some of those Jewish Christians might even be fluent in Hebrew. Horror of horrors, for a big[ot] like yourself, eh? You just can't imagine that they suddenly haven't stopped being Jewish upon their conversion to Christianity, can you? You're quite the little antichrist!

Boxcar

hcap 07-31-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Perfect Rabbi
So how did I lie, since Orthodox Jews themselves agree with how Jews for Jesus describe and typically think of themselves and how I described them and think of them?

Ok, name one Orthodox Jew who believes Christ is the Messiah, the anointed one yet to come ?

OTM Al 07-31-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar
Yes, I cited them as a source to define Hebrew terms translated in the OT "virgin or "maiden" and described them as Jewish Christians! So what? I would even imagine that some of those Jewish Christians might even be fluent in Hebrew. Horror of horrors, for a big[ot] like yourself, eh? You just can't imagine that they suddenly haven't stopped being Jewish upon their conversion to Christianity, can you? You're quite the little antichrist!

Boxcar

Well no I can't imagine it because I have been instructed by Jewish people that that is the way it works. Now perhaps I'll get a detail a little off, but there is this first commandment thing (which by the way also shows the Jews once believed in other gods....but that's for another time) that says you may only worship YHWH. But if you become a Christian, by definition you must believe in the divinity of Jesus and you worship him. You do worship him don't you? Well Jewish people don't buy that trinity thing. God is singular. You worship Jesus, you have worshipped another divinity. Ding! Not Jewish anymore. Maybe TJ or hcap can correct if I got that wrong as I haven't had too much instruction in the subject, but I think I got the basics right. I seem to be called anti-Semitic here because I have defended a Jewish position. Only a true price of deception would make such a claim.

Jewish Christians makes as much sense as urban nomads, but then you need something to cling to because you can't deal with that contradiction problem.

Greyfox 07-31-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

You're quite the little antichrist!

Boxcar

Does making that type of comment represent being a good Christian to you?:rolleyes:

nomad1102 07-31-2013 10:19 PM

Concede a point

Quote:

Ok, name one Orthodox Jew who believes Christ is the Messiah, the anointed one yet to come ?

Can anyone here concede a point - including myself-

How about - boxie you have a point... point taken... i will give it some thought...

And we expect boxie to concede a point?

boxcar 07-31-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyfox
Does making that type of comment represent being a good Christian to you?:rolleyes:

Al is a bigot, hypocrite and and a liar plain and simple. For anyone to even remotely suggest that a person (anyone of any race or ethnicity) loses his birthright or heritage or ethnicity or bloodlines on the basis of the religious faith in which a person freely chooses to believe is most definitely a religious bigot, generally, and in the context of this little flap anti-Christian, specifically. And I have news for you: If anyone is against or opposed to Christ they are an antichrist.

How short your memory is, also. Once upon a time you were the one who reminded us of this passage:

1 John 4:3
3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the [spirit] of the antichrist , of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.
NASB

The term translated "spirit" was added and not in the manuscripts.

Also, do you recall Jesus' words to Paul on the road to Damascus? Paul was persecuting the church; yet, Christ asked Paul, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?" (Act 22:7).

Boxcar

Greyfox 07-31-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Al is a bigot, hypocrite and and a liar plain and simple. For anyone to even remotely suggest that a person (anyone of any race or ethnicity) loses his birthright or heritage or ethnicity or bloodlines on the basis of the religious faith in which a person freely chooses to believe is most definitely a religious bigot, generally, and in the context of this little flap anti-Christian, specifically. And I have news for you: If anyone is against or opposed to Christ they are an antichrist.

How short your memory is, also. Once upon a time you were the one who reminded us of this passage:

1 John 4:3
3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the [spirit] of the antichrist , of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.
NASB

Boxcar

Your memory or your computer's memory is much better than mine.

I, would never, by my own personal morals, ever call someone an "Antichrist."

If you happen to think that is a Christian thing to do, so be it.
If you think that it is in your domain to tell a Jew, he or she is not a Jew,
that is your choice, an idiotic one I might add.

I choose to think that you are so far up your ass that you cannot see
the true spirit of Christianity, which includes being charitable.

Answer this Simple Question:

In twenty words or less, what is the central tenet of Christianity and why should anyone believe in it?

boxcar 08-01-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTM Al
Well no I can't imagine it because I have been instructed by Jewish people that that is the way it works. Now perhaps I'll get a detail a little off, but there is this first commandment thing (which by the way also shows the Jews once believed in other gods....but that's for another time) that says you may only worship YHWH. But if you become a Christian, by definition you must believe in the divinity of Jesus and you worship him. You do worship him don't you? Well Jewish people don't buy that trinity thing. God is singular. You worship Jesus, you have worshipped another divinity. Ding! Not Jewish anymore. Maybe TJ or hcap can correct if I got that wrong as I haven't had too much instruction in the subject, but I think I got the basics right. I seem to be called anti-Semitic here because I have defended a Jewish position. Only a true price of deception would make such a claim.

Well, well, well...so you have it on "authority" from some "Jewish people" that that is the way things work, eh? Go back and tell your "Jewish people" what hypocrites they are. In fact, feel to quote them the next paragraph verbatim! And also be sure to tell them that not all Jews believe that nonsense. Evidently, Orthodox Jews do not! (Just as an aside: A good friend of mine is a member of a Reformed Congregation and he told me that he's pretty sure that Reformed Jews believe the same way as their more conservative Orthodox friends do.) Now unto the worship issue.

TJ and Hcap do not worship YHWH either. Therefore, by your own definition, they are no more Jewish than the man in the moon. Their god is their belly! They, too, are idol worshipers, which by the way is strictly forbidden in the Ten Commandments. They both have placed all manner of other gods (gods of their vain and carnal imaginations) before YHWH! (Baal worship was a HUGE problem for Israel in the OT.) In fact, idolatry was and still is Israel's NUMBER ONE problem! In other words, going after strange gods.. And that is exactly what both these guys do. They worship the idols they have erected in their hearts, and could care less about YHWH who has revealed himself in the holy scriptures! What megabytes of irony! They do the very thing that they and you condemn Jews for Jesus doing! You guys have so many planks sticking out of your blind eyes, it would take a large team of well equipped lumberjacks a lifetime to remove them all! :bang: :bang:

So, here's the bottom line here: Those "Jewish people [who] don't buy that Trinity thing", should equally not buy into violating the First Commandment of the Decalogue. (And don't miss the second megabytes of irony here: This First Commandment was historically Israel's First and Foremost violation of the Mosaic Covenant!) :bang: :bang:

Secondly, when did you become a literalist? You mocked me for being a literalist, yet now you will appeal to other literalist Jewish authorities (as Hcap unwittingly did!) who must interpret those supposedly non-Trinitarian passages literally!? Really? I haven't heard you rail against Jews who interpret those passages in the OT literally! :rolleyes:

And, yes, Jewish Christians makes perfectly good sense. Even Orthodox Jews believe as I do on this issue! A person does not lose his birthright, ethnicity, bloodlines or biological descent, etc., etc. simply on the basis of what they believe. But since you think they do, then to be fair and just you should also apply the same standard you have set for Jews for Jesus to both Hcap and TJ!

And finally, I have more bad news for you; The NT defines very clearly who a genuine Jew is. And I'm here to tell you that all the true believers in Jews for Jesus are the real deal. They are real Jews! They are "completed" Jews. They are not only Jews by birth but also Jews spiritually. Abraham is only the [spiritual] father of those who have his kind of faith -- a faith that believed God.

Quote:

Jewish Christians makes as much sense as urban nomads, but then you need something to cling to because you can't deal with that contradiction problem.
It is you who wouldn't be able to handle my refutation of your contradiction (so-called) which is why you won't apologize to me for falsely accusing me of lying or justify and defend your accusation against me in the context of what you wrote in 7030 and 7033. An honest person -- a person of integrity -- would do one or the other in a heartbeat. But you have proven that you're neither!

Boxcar

boxcar 08-01-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Your memory or your computer's memory is much better than mine.

I, would never, by my own personal morals, ever call someone an "Antichrist."

But you do know what an antichrist is because you quoted the passage. That was my point! So, if you know...then how am I wrong for calling a bigot an antichrist?

Quote:

If you happen to think that is a Christian thing to do, so be it.
If you think that it is in your domain to tell a Jew, he or she is not a Jew,
that is your choice, an idiotic one I might add.
You need to pay much closer attention: It was Al who was "idiotic" because he clearly thought it was in his domain to identify Jews for Jesus as non-Jews (and he isn't even in TJ's exclusive country club.) :rolleyes: Try to keep up. Go back and read his 7030 and 7033. Al was the one who excluded that group from being Jewish simply on the basis of what they believe. He was the one who called me a "bold faced liar" simply because I consider them to be Jewish Christians -- just like there are Russian Christians, and Hungarian Christians and Chinese Christians, etc.,

Quote:

I choose to think that you are so far up your ass that you cannot see
the true spirit of Christianity, which includes being charitable.
What I see clearly among many here is bigotry, hatred, deceitfulness, double-mindedness and hypocrisy.

In twenty words or less, what is the central tenet of Christianity and why should anyone believe in it?[/QUOTE]

Here's my answer: Make up anything you want and then choose whether you personally want to believe it or not. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar 08-01-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

What are you talking about!? This is a non sequitur. I never said Orthodox Jews believe that Jesus is the Messiah. I simply quoted their policy on who they believe a Jew is. And apparently, they're pretty inclusive. They are far more tolerant than you are!

Do you believe everyone in the world is as double-mined as you are? Oy vey!

And by the way, did you do your homework yet on Jewish Muslims in Israel? I would dearly love to hear your take on that! Do you kick them out of your Country Club, as well?

Boxcar

Greyfox 08-01-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

But you do know what an antichrist is because you quoted the passage. That was my point! So, if you know...then how am I wrong for calling a bigot an antichrist?

You need to pay much closer attention: It was Al who was "idiotic" because he clearly thought it was in his domain to identify Jews for Jesus as non-Jews (and he isn't even in TJ's exclusive country club.) :rolleyes: Try to keep up. Go back and read his 7030 and 7033. Al was the one who excluded that group from being Jewish simply on the basis of what they believe. He was the one who called me a "bold faced liar" simply because I consider them to be Jewish Christians -- just like there are Russian Christians, and Hungarian Christians and Chinese Christians, etc.,

What I see clearly among many here is bigotry, hatred, deceitfulness, double-mindedness and hypocrisy.

In twenty words or less, what is the central tenet of Christianity and why should anyone believe in it?

Quote:

Here's my answer: Make up anything you want and then choose whether you personally want to believe it or not. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

A true Christian response, as truly and as best he can. Who can knock any of that? :rolleyes:

My prayers are with you boxcar.

Greyfox

boxcar 08-01-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

A true Christian response, as truly and as best he can. Who can knock any of that? :rolleyes:

My prayers are with you boxcar.

Greyfox

Yes, it is; for it is a truthful one! And you won't find very much truthfulness around this place.

And thanks for your prayers...I think. I mean...I really don't know to whom you're praying, do I? For that matter....do you? ;)

Boxcar

Greyfox 08-01-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Yes, it is; for it is a truthful one! And you won't find very much truthfulness around this place.

And thanks for your prayers...I think. I mean...I really don't know to whom you're praying, do I? For that matter....do you? ;)

Boxcar

I pray to God.

(Even in that short response of yours I find nothing resembling Christian charity. What you perceive to be truth may not actually be the truth.
Mocking people of faiths other than yours or your interpretation of the Bible,
will make you as much a candidate for Hell as anyone on this board.)

hcap 08-01-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

I would guess it's not an angry old geezer floating around in the sky that looks like C. Heston and thinks like you do. :)