Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Harness Racing (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Anyone watching Harrington? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96828)

The Bit 08-13-2012 08:00 PM

Anyone watching Harrington?

What do you think of the drive of the #2 horse in the 10th race? I'm usually not a conspiracy theorist type of guy, but I'll be damned if it doesn't look like he loses this race on purpose. He wraps up on the horse through the stretch and you can see him taking hold coming to the wire.

Unreal.

The Bit 08-13-2012 09:07 PM

If you watch the slow mo replay, you can clearly see the two drivers talking/yelling the and the driver on the #2 starts to ease the horse.

marksinger 08-13-2012 10:52 PM

common occurance

I'm sure this happens much more than we want to admit.
Mark

baconswitchfarm 08-14-2012 12:18 AM

It looked really bad when it happened. It looked way worse in slo mo.

botster 08-20-2012 08:38 AM

Harrington 10th

Was this animal a 2 year old? Could have been a real bad actor.He also appeared to say something to the driver in the pocket nearing the quarter pole.He may have been warning these drivers.Did he show breaks on the past performances? He was real cautious down the lane and the horse was drifting.The horse that won the race was 1-9 and bore out badly in the last turn.Betting 2 year olds and green horses can be risky.In my opinion, if this animal was a two year old,along with what I witnessed, I can excuse what I saw as a cautious drive not to cause an accident.I am sure Hal Belote and his death on the track is still fresh in their minds...Just saying:)

Good Fortune:)

baconswitchfarm 08-25-2012 02:18 PM

Nine day suspension for lack of effort.

Pacingguy 08-29-2012 06:10 PM

Shows How Wagering Public is Held in Contempt

Unless there are mitigating circumstances we are unaware of, this penalty of $500 and 9 days shows the contempt the sport has for its gamblers.

Back in 2009 Peter Wrenn got a 30 day suspension for lack of effort in Indiana. In this case Davis is a relatively successful driver there. What does a $500 fine or 9 day suspension mean to him? Golf. Meanwhile, those who wagered on the horse just get to feel cheated.