Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Luke Kruytbosch Stakes today at Turf Paradise. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162892)

craigbraddick 01-28-2021 09:41 AM

Luke Kruytbosch Stakes today at Turf Paradise.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone!

Today at Turf Paradise we remember the life of our long time track announcer (and of course long time track announcer at Churchill Downs,) Luke Kruytbosch.

Prior to the start of the meet, I had this display box made that actually contains some of the crayons Luke used in his last season at Turf Paradise. It resides in the Announcers Booth at Turf Paradise.

dilanesp 01-28-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigbraddick (Post 2697858)
Hi Everyone!

Today at Turf Paradise we remember the life of our long time track announcer (and of course long time track announcer at Churchill Downs,) Luke Kruytbosch.

Prior to the start of the meet, I had this display box made that actually contains some of the crayons Luke used in his last season at Turf Paradise. It resides in the Announcers Booth at Turf Paradise.

He was really good and he died so young.

castaway01 01-28-2021 10:25 AM

Thanks for posting that Craig. Luke was a very talented guy.

BarchCapper 01-28-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigbraddick (Post 2697858)

Thoughtful remembrance, Craig!

I had the privilege of living (and being in partnership on some horses) in Phoenix from 1999-2005. We were blessed to have Luke as an announcer at TuP while we were there.

All the best to you as you carry on in the TuP booth!

Robert Fischer 01-28-2021 01:29 PM

Didn't know about Luke K.

Thank You.

I have looked at the race, as a spot-play possibility for a track that I don't often play.

Robert Fischer 01-28-2021 05:54 PM

used longshot :6: in some bets

:5: :7: mighty tough pair for Evans

djm1959 01-28-2021 08:09 PM

i think he would have been the number one network announcer if he was alive still... great calls and great voice...

jameegray1 01-28-2021 09:41 PM

Nice one Craig! :)

rastajenk 01-29-2021 08:24 AM

I went to school with Luke at Arizona, and he was one of the few that I kept in touch with later. Fun times.

What I remember most about his way-too-early passing was a solemn tribute given by Pete Aeillo when he was at River Downs that spoke for just about anyone who had ever known Luke. It's nice to see that he is still alive in racing people's memories.

Boomer 01-29-2021 08:47 AM

Nice tribute

Peter Berry 01-29-2021 06:56 PM

I owe my racecalling career in the U.S. to Luke. He was aware - because I told him - I'd attended a racecalling academy in Australia as a teenager and suggested, in 2002, that I apply for the vacant job at Arapahoe after the previous caller was not invited back. The rest is history.